Adding an EJ link tot he top of the Website

Hi there, I've been a member of the website for awhile and have been visiting it for my daily WoW update even longer. After recently becoming more active on the forums I have realized something, We have all of these great links to websites at the top, like Arenajunkies for example to help people out. Well, Why not put a link for elitistjerks up there too? It is an amazing forums/website with some of the best theorycrafters and minds in the game talking about classes and using them to their full advantage for any raiding and I think even PvP situation.

I think if we introduced a Link to elitistjerks at the top of the website we could reduce a lot of the threads with easy to answer questions and focus more on quality discussions rather than some Dk talking about hit rating being his main stat like most of the Dk threads are now. If we exposed others to these guides Elitistjerks is coming up with, we could reduce the amount of questions and further enhance the community by educating people on their class.

This is just a suggestion. I don't think EJ would be against it if you both worked something out to where there was a link to MMO-Champion on their front page.

Also I'd like to point out I am aware I screwed up on the name of the thread... Looks real professional and looks like you can take me seriously for sure. lol....
    Last edited by Carneage; 2011-03-04 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Edit to make Paragraphs instead of a wall of text!

Deleted
    EJ would have to ban a lot of people just blindly registering there to post. I am not sure they'd be too happy to do this. They don't profit from it at all, everyone who is capable of posting there already did find EJ or will be capable of doing so quite easily already, and everyone who isn't would be led there with the link.

Yea I know they have a VERY strict posting guideline. But that doesn't stop people from just reading their guides for great information backed by math on how to play their class.

Not to mention the large amount of MMO-Champion people who are against EJ, and actively post things contradicting EJs, that actively turn out true.

I'd probably leave should a link to EJ be added. I use it on occasion, when there's no other resource available, but otherwise, I prefer getting opinions from people, rather than spreadsheets and simulations.

The Lightbringer eternalwhitemoon's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't think it would work out well. Elitist Jerks is well known for their stringent posting quality, and would be flooded by new people to ban.

Even posting in improper English (your going to vs you're going to) is cause for being banned there. Also, sometimes their posting gets overly mathy and confusing for some people, and it would raise more questions than it would answer.

Plus, they have a 1 day mute period, so we'd get a flood of posts saying "I just registered at EJ and I can't post, why? "

Go to each of those links, and scroll all the way down. If you notice, they are all owned by curse.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Not to mention the large amount of MMO-Champion people who are against EJ, and actively post things contradicting EJs, that actively turn out true.
    Note that EJ doesn't claim to be the go-to truth for all situations. They are a theorycrafting forum with very strict guidelines to encourage constructive discussion. Everything that is in their guides is simply information that the OP calculated. Nobody is immune to maths errors, and they're happy to be proven wrong. It's called discussion, and its goal is mutual gain of knowledge.

As for the suggestion, interesting. However we are currently working on getting guides for each spec in the class forums so that such a link would not be necessary - though we might link to EJ inside said guides.

15+ Year Old Account
    EJ isn't part of the curse network. It's a good site, but probably not what that bar is for.

I'd probably leave should a link to EJ be added. I use it on occasion, when there's no other resource available, but otherwise, I prefer getting opinions from people, rather than spreadsheets and simulations.
    If the rest of the world followed this practice for everything, we would all probably be dead.

10+ Year Old Account

you would leave if they added an EJ link?

Lol ADD IT NOW!!
    Stockli = Me
    Bladefist = Home