Cool Gear and Gemming

Can some pls armory Toxify on Us saurfang and tell me if my gearing,gemming,and reforging looks good and if not what i need to change

I play a Retri/Holy Pally so i'm probably wrong, but (assuming you're talking about Prot) you're not hit/expertise capped... Don't know if that matters considering that I don't play a Protadin but it's just something I noticed.

Hit cap for melee (Retribution) is 8% -- you're sitting at 2.8%
    Expertise cap for melee (Retribution) is 26 (16 if glyphed) -- you're sitting at 4.

Again, wait for an experience Prot player to post before reforging or what not.

For prot you don't need to gem or reforge for hit/expertise at all. Your reforging is fine expect for your chest and pants, on your chest change the reforge to Dodge instead of Hit and on your Pants reforge the Hit into Mastery.

Blue Gem = 20 Mastery/30 Stamina
    Red Gem = 20 Parry/20 Mastery
    Yellow Slot = 40 Mastery or 67 Mastery

Anyone who tells you that you need Hit or Expertise is wrong, I did Heroic Maloriak this week and I interrupted every Arcane Storm with 0.46% Hit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rio View Post
    I play a Retri/Holy Pally so i'm probably wrong, but (assuming you're talking about Prot) you're not hit/expertise capped... Don't know if that matters considering that I don't play a Protadin but it's just something I noticed.
    ATM no Tank looks after this stats...

Deleted
    I would take the 2 socket bonuses in your helm and your chest, take the gems davep mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    For prot you don't need to gem or reforge for hit/expertise at all. Your reforging is fine expect for your chest and pants, on your chest change the reforge to Dodge instead of Hit and on your Pants reforge the Hit into Mastery.

Blue Gem = 20 Mastery/30 Stamina
    Red Gem = 20 Parry/20 Mastery
    Yellow Slot = 40 Mastery or 67 Mastery

Anyone who tells you that you need Hit or Expertise is wrong, I did Heroic Maloriak this week and I interrupted every Arcane Storm with 0.46% Hit.
    While I agree that hit isn't needed for threat, you just got lucky with the interrupting. We had a nefarian wipe last night because of a prot pala missing his interrupt in phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by nilnar View Post
    While I agree that hit isn't needed for threat, you just got lucky with the interrupting. We had a nefarian wipe last night because of a prot pala missing his interrupt in phase 2.
    Don't rely on tanks interupting then, anyway next patch they remove the ability for interups to be missed so even less need for hit
    "No. I am Ganner. This threshold is mine. I claim it for my own. Bring on your thousands, one at a time or all in a rush. I don't give a damn. None shall pass."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...lvtwo/advanced

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by davep View Post
    That just means you beat the random number generator boss.

While I agree you don't need to be hit and exp capped as a tank, it isn't smart to say you can interrupt bosses reliably under hit cap, you just got lucky (or other melee were actually interrupting it and you thought you were).