Poll: Have you got back to sitting down in Orgrimmar/Stormwind just like in Dalaran?

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is not a dig i do love warcraft and i will play again but its jaded its more world of stormwind for me yes i can do daily quests but there is no challange yes i can buy and sell on the ah but nothing left to use my gold on
    pvp is still fun with friends and raiding is a option but just cant motivate myself for it
    gone over to rift for a while 3 months min and its bringing back the vanilla memorys for me full world of people questing and playing and thank you god no flying mounts or dungion finder two of the reasons the wow world while pretty is a dead wasteland most of the time

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 08:41 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tumble View Post
    I was more implying that the massive "AMG ITS GONNA KILL WOW" hype shit will die 2 months after release. Every expansion there has been a "wow killer" and every expansion wow crushes said game. Ive not met one person whos played rift beta, and I dont know of anyone thats left to go play rift.
    pretty much the core of my guild has rerolled about 20 of us now

They are called alts they are fun you are just lazy.

People sit? I used to run around in circles so much id wear a big hole into Dalaran.
    Now i can fly however i create little tornados with my drake wings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IamCurious View Post
    That being said, I felt like wow was more of a 'work' kinda thing all the way during BC/Wrath. Log on, do dailies for gold, farm shit for raid (flasks, food, gems, enchants etc) then raid 25 man, then form a group for 10 man (yeah we kept clearing Kara/ZA all the way until wrath came out for gold/badges/mounts for every guild member) and maybe another group for ppl with alts and thx god i didn't have my alt in BC and only lvled it in wrath. Even worse with raids in wrath though, you actually felt like you HAD to do both 25 and 10 man clears to get the extra badges to gear up faster, to get all those achievements for both drakes etc. Now when 25 and 10 mans share the lockout, i have so much more time to actually enjoy the game w/o feeling like its my second job. I log on for dailies/raids and those days we dont raid i just either PvP or go back to do new quests in old zones, or fish, or doing archaeology or ... There are a lot of things to do outside of raiding and you would be surprised how much fun you can actually have on this game if you try those out.
    Oh dear, this.

Even with just a main and one alt, there is always this nagging feeling that "if you don't at least try 10 and 25, you'll miss out". Skinner box at its finest. And then the frustration came because the guild cbb making a group for alts and PuGs are horrible even on a big "progressed" server; ToC going smooth until the twins where 3 people died to *every* vortex, people dying on spikes or healers wiping us on Anub and everything breaks, reset wasted. Good thing there's still the 10 man! And togc! On both characters! ...not really.

And in ICC, even with the buff increasing to insane values, for PuGs it only seemed to mean they can blow through first 4 bosses ("Gunship HC!!!") faster... then either someone would ninja from Saruman or just 3 guys would leave/fake DC because their stuff didn't drop. Sure, there was a lot to PuG with alts, but it would eventually only breed frustration. In ICC gear some ToC PuGs (silly trinkets refused to drop) actually started to fail on worms or Jaraxxus or even Gormok's fires, it was as if the better the gear the less thinking is involved. Sad.

Now with shared lockouts, the skinner box feeling that "there are still raids to go... you sure you're OK with letting the reset go to waste?" is gone. I do raids with my guild and slowly level two alts - Horde and Alliance - with the new awesome questlines (seriously, people who don't appreciate the work they've put into new Darkshore or Westfall or even Redridge, and say "it's the same old stuff" either don't read or don't like RPG's in general imo) or just log off, or farm, or do whatever. Having the most fun in WoW since ages.
    Last edited by mmocd2effbd770; 2011-03-05 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    I usually chat with friends or browse internet, while sitting in org.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitsumoto View Post
    They are called alts they are fun you are just lazy.
    I used to be under that impression, but not after playing 4.0 DK. Nothing comes close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uggz View Post
    /facepalm, assasination mastery increases poison damage, as far as i'm aware envenom doesn't count as poison damage

Instead of afk'ing in a city you could always log out and go for a walk or have a chat with a friend. This is the reason many players get bored with WoW so easily, if you're on it 24/7 you run out of things to do, and stuff like dailies seem too exhaustive. However if you play less you'll find you get more done in the game when you do play.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do.. but when I do it, I either play Xbox360, or just.. sleeping
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

archeology has me digging in the dirt so much i cant afford to sit around. its addictive. almost like a drug...must get more epics...

Deleted
    I'm never bored, lol. There's a lot of things to do... soloing old raids(DAM YOU Razorgore!!1!!11), trying to get legendaries/old sets, achievements, my paladin alt, archeology (yeah it's pretty chill imo)
    Back in wotlk i was busy trying to get the Insane title so I never sat in dala doing nothing...

E: Bugs/Glitches/Exploitation, proffessions, companions/mounts..
    Last edited by mmoc2d803c6821; 2011-03-05 at 11:11 AM.

Not really. Maybe when I can't be arsed to do anything. But usually once I'm done with the dailies for the day I explore the world and do some archaeology while I'm at it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    Faceroll heroics on blue geared alts in a quick pace without any wipes and pug easy mode content. I actually miss the ICC pugs I could join on my alts and actually get some stuff down even with a bunch of hi eny1 dk-kidz.

Now I just level alts.
    yeah let´s compare endgame wotlk with all content released to 1st tier cataclysm.. /golfclap

Deleted
    I don't get the same feeling as WotLK by a long shot.

In WotLK it felt like a lot of people just sat around Dalaran because that was the least boring thing to do, there was nothing better to do.
    In Cata people seem to treat SW more as a nice hub as well as somewhere that's actually enjoyable to hang out.

Also no, I'm not just sitting around SW. Well, unless I'm waiting for something.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    huh? did you even play wotlk?

I'll help you get started

WG is a much better PvP Zone than TB, BY FAR.

1 new class >>>>>> 2 new half finished races

Blahblahblah, there is no "I'm bored" bandwagon, who would say that if they arent? seriously? I highly doubt that you played wotlk if you can't figure it out youself, and it's a lost cause if you can't see it yourself.
    Both suck. It wasn't fun to be 40-80 hordes vs 5-10 allies with 20 stacks of tenacity.

The DK class made my class(warrior) obsolete, I play a DK now too and I enjoy it but when it had 90% dmg reduction(50% IBF + 40% BS), ghoul explode ress, and hard hitting armor ignoring Scourge Strikes it just wasn't fun.

OT: I almost NEVER sit in the major cities, AHs maybe, showing off Deathcharger's Reins mby, but else I log out or do something outside the cities.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

15+ Year Old Account
    if i cant be arsed to do anything, i log out. the only idling is before raid time and i still have to make food or something.

Deleted
    I used to hate the idea of leveling an alt. Really, I hated leveling before, but now I love it. When I started to realise I was bored of raiding and I ended up sitting around Orgrimmar a lot, I went back to my Worgen Rogue alt and started leveling just by doing dungeons and I love it, it's quick and easy but it's something to do. I have loads of heirlooms on her including the chest piece, shoulders and the guild rep cape for extra XP, and it's such a breeze, I got from level 20 to 30 in basically two hours time.

I really don't understand why people go online if the only thing they do is sitting in sw/org. If you do it to chat with friends, you actually have something nice to do.

I never log on if all I would do is sit in a town. I log when I want to travel around the world and do various stuff.

I recommend that you spend less time online if you only sit in org/sw. Go out, read a book, hang out with friends, go to the gym, play another game, go fishing, travel to space or solve wars!

Point is, this is a game ment to be enjoyed. You will eventually grow bored of wow if you only stay in a town.

There is others things to do in life. Wow won't leave you, the game is there for you when you want to have fun.

Deleted
    I dont remember anyone on my server pugging Naxx until well into ToC, maybe late in ulduar but even then it wasnt very common.
    On my server naxx pugs were common two weeks after release, my first clear thru naxx was with a pug about a week after release, while waiting on guildies to reach 80, so yeah.

Deleted
    I dont play at all currently, 9th march 5:20am my 4 year journey ends I assume.

But yea, when I actually did log in during last 2 months I just sat in the city, trolled /2 and /g and then went bye bye.

I kinda miss how WotLK raiding was easily accessible to anyone. You grabbed your 4th or 6th alt who had some badge gear and maybe something from ToC, joined ICC25 pug on trade, almost anytime, went and actually raided, killed stuff.

Right now you have shared 10/25 saves and when you try to form a pug with others on trade in badge gear... It really doesnt go so well.

Also:
    I dont remember anyone on my server pugging Naxx until well into ToC, maybe late in ulduar but even then it wasnt very common.
    Haha... Even realms that are in last 100 of EU progression were pugging all of Naxx since like 4-6 weeks after release. Ulduar wasnt very much "trade" puggable until ToC, maybe Siege...

Then ToC came out and ever since then all was puggable. Naxx, Uld, ToC, ICC was also easily puggable ever since 4/12 only with 0%. I admit that other parts of ICC probably werent so easily puggable until the buff but I might be wrong, I didnt pug so much at the exact time.
    Last edited by mmoc6af618f320; 2011-03-05 at 11:29 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I kinda miss how WotLK raiding was easily accessible to anyone. You grabbed your 4th or 6th alt who had some badge gear and maybe something from ToC, joined ICC25 pug on trade, almost anytime, went and actually raided, killed stuff.
    I honestly miss this as well. It was so easy to grab a random alt and join a PuG for the hell of it. Now I wouldn't say things are too hard in Cataclysm, when I do raid I enjoy myself but I don't raid very often because I'm dead casual with it, but people have become stupidly serious about what gems you have, your spec, your class, your gear, enchants, everything.

I like the idea of picking what I think looks best for a spec, and messing around with it from there on. And picking my own gems and so on as well. It was fun being able to do it yourself and figure it out yourself and just have fun with it. These days everyone of the same class is just a clone of each other, everyone has to be this spec or have these talents and your hunter has to have this pet, it's annoying and I hate it and it's a reason I gave up trying to do serious raids.

... /end rant.