Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I personally miss using chain heal. In wrath fights like sindragosa and Blood queen were so much fun because you could spam chain heal and see it fly all over the show. Maybe its just me but i enjoyed using chain heal as my main heal

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    I don't know about that. Resto druids were definately better with rejuvspam, but I never lost to another class on raidhealing unless there were just too many healers around - then disc priests sorta edged ahead by spamming shields, since they can't be sniped. Chainhealing was pretty epic, especially with Halion trinket. Obviously you didn't want to use it for singletarget healing, but whenever raidhealing was needed it was great.
    I agree was as great as healing rain is now and much smarter but not intented to be spammed all around or used to characterize our healing. I only used it in heavy mellee or caster s damage twice not further, was never in my top healing spells apart from trash fights and never in overall. i enjoyed being able to instantly save ppl from dying and was focusing on that. And always was first in healing. Well sometimes a good discipline priest could have been for a 2% better than me but i was really happy with the meters on healing and overhealing. I never saw myshelf as raid healer i think in wrath shamans were among with priests the most versatile class i was more inclined to tank healing and priests more to raid healing. So i was tank healing picking up heavy group damage every time there was. For example in valithria i was feeling awfull not healing the dragon and start to raid heal ppl outside.
    Last edited by mmoc2a990a482c; 2011-03-05 at 01:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Robo View Post
    I personally miss using chain heal. In wrath fights like sindragosa and Blood queen were so much fun because you could spam chain heal and see it fly all over the show. Maybe its just me but i enjoyed using chain heal as my main heal
    It's still a main heal? Wachabetalkingabout?

Healing Rain can't really be called a main heal.. sure, you place it down and that's it.. the time in between you'll have to fill with something...
    Hmm... wondering what that'll be..

What do you consider your main heal these days? I'm confused.

If you seriously miss binding chain heal to ALL buttons on your keyboard before rolling your face on it, without any situational heals whatsoever then.... *rolls eyes* A healer that can be situational, use the right heals for the right job is more fun and feels a hell of a lot more rewarding to play.. But then, people have always loved easy, free purplez.

It looks like you are shooting yourself in the foot by stacking haste
    I've personally been running with 2005+ haste rating the whole expansion - had no problem with it whatsoever. Am now working on 10th heroic boss 25 man. Sure, stacking purely haste like a mindless zombie was a thing of WotlK,- that does not mean haste is a bad stat today..

You can be successful with all builds these days as a resto shaman... Which is a good thing.
    Last edited by Revelations; 2011-03-05 at 01:24 PM.

Deleted
    maybe sham healing just is not for you .. i myslf have no problems at all
    i tryed healing on my priest in WotLK and i did not like it at all so i was done in about a week
    for my feeling there is nothing wrong with sham healing

@Robo those fight where even more fun with 4P t 10 bonus hots on chain heal .. those where the days .. chain heal hots riptide hots earthliving hots .. i almost felt like a resto druid

honestly after I got to about 2k actual spirit and got rid of all my mastery (well as much as I could replaced with haste and crit) I noticed substantially better healing I am slightly (200 or so HPS) behind the holy pally in the group on most fights.

Personally I hate our mastery and our lvl 85 ability yay i can act like a druid and cast while moving. Not saying its not useful but I never rely on it and usually don't even have it on my bar (keep it on a bar on the side just in case a DPS loses his mind or something)

10+ Year Old Account
    lvl 85 ability yay i can act like a druid and cast while moving. Not saying its not useful but I never rely on it and usually don't even have it on my bar
    Oh it has a lot of uses. Omnotron Heroic first comes to mind - when nefarian Death Grips you into the gas cloud you can start casting chain heal on a target while you're flying and continue to spam it as you run out of the cloud..

Blizzard has given you tools to work with -> it's your own fault if you gimp yourself by not using them...

Also, mastery isn't all that bad anymore.. it will now also effect Earthliving and Riptide's HoT amongst other things. (4.1)
    Last edited by Revelations; 2011-03-05 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deylana View Post

Your resto shaman is fine. If you don't like it or can't handle it, reroll.
    Ofc its fine the problem is that other healers can pick up damage easier. There is no problem with our healing the problem appears when we heal with others. The others get to hodge our heals. In my group a healer tends to die a lot so we mostly 2 heal more of the fights and have no big problem doing that for most bosses (needless to say i shine on meters when that happens straight first by far). The more healers there r the harder for us to heal. I had a healing rain down on a 25 bastion trash and couldnt get to see the healing cause of druids and holy priests. Haste needs to be fixed or all other classes need serious nerfs. dont think any of this will happen for now so i believe shamans dont suit the game much. call me spoiled if u want but u cant seriously compete healers have 1000haste more than u with no instant casts available. I dont have the 2 piece tier bonus yet to see whether i can catch up spamming healing waves but i dont see that working. And dont tell me to stack haste i like mastery and crit. I hope i ll reach sufficient haste by the next 2 expansions.
    Last edited by mmoc2a990a482c; 2011-03-05 at 01:44 PM.

Deleted
    im sry if you feel this way but i have being playing shammy for over 3 years now as resto and atm were are fine, tbh i have no probs beating most class in hps or anyway you want to measure it, its all about how you use yer spells and knowing when to use them, we have enough spells for most situations only one we need a tank cd and we will be grand. woot first post over

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by evelche View Post
    im sry if you feel this way but i have being playing shammy for over 3 years now as resto and atm were are fine, tbh i have no probs beating most class in hps or anyway you want to measure it, its all about how you use yer spells and knowing when to use them, we have enough spells for most situations only one we need a tank cd and we will be grand. woot first post over

ok we have mastery then no need for a tank cd we r greater than great :P

15+ Year Old Account
    i enjoy the int/spirit route. i think mastery just comes with the gear.

haste has too much DR, not good point for point. awesome, an extra tick on something, how useless.
    crit is good, but it's essentially the same stat as int/spirit combined. AA is good, but not good enough to supplement with crit. 10% damage reduction, well, other healers can bring that too, so uptime is questionable or negligible if you aren't even healing the tank.

with intellect, your mana pool is huge and your heals hit hard. you don't need to do as much if your heal hits harder. also, with spirit, you can healing rain a lot. i mean, the resto shaman role seems better suited for the raid, so healing rain usage is only going to help the raid more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Haste loses its value past after the 916 mark due to the extra tick from hots, although for overall throughput it is still very good. Crit is garbage as it is ranked lower per point than haste and mastery. Mastery is absolutely amazing.

Shaman are still a very good healing class, most of the QQ is overdone. Overall hps does not tell the whole story, utilization of cooldowns and great raid awareness are key for any healer, but especially for shaman are this current time. Everything will even itself out, especially with the inclusion of the new totem next patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    In heroics even if everything goes to crap I have absolutely no issues keeping everyone up. . .Sometimes I've even healed the group after the tank did something stupid and died. One of the dps ends up tanking it or I pop earth ele and heal my ele. I usually run low on mana during situations like that but I hardly ever wipe. If I do its because I just got overwelmed or made a mistake. This is why you stack spirit and mastery. Big numbers aren't always coming from crits. Don't get me wrong crit is important, and haste is important to soft cap (916), but past that its not.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 06:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yamma View Post
    I understand I didn't make myself clear, this is my first time making a thread. I don't undervalue spirit and mastery, I have an efficient amount of all the appropriate stats, and I'm not stacking haste. With the mechanics implemented with this expansion I feel shaman heals have not been updated appropriately to reflect these cataclysmic changes. I don't believe the new stats have made a graceful transition for Resto Shamans.

You're right that it wasn't as graceful of a change as it probably could have been, but once you do get used to it shaman healing is better and more fun (to me anyway) than ever. Then again I was one of the first resto shaman to experiment and figure out how to do a mastery heavy healing style (during 4.0.3) and make it work. I was the only resto shaman on my server at max level raiding (even though I still haven't gotten very far. guild stuff going on) at the time and even taught a few other of the top resto shammies how to do it. We seem to be a bit more popular again. I personally enjoy being a rare breed. It makes me feel more unique. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamma View Post
    Healing raids in Cataclysm I feel like I’m being carried and barely contributing to the raid.
    really?

i feel like i'm carrying ours (bar 1 shield spamming disc)

i honestly dont know what people are complaining about, TBC raid healing was chainheal spamming, wrath was CH spamming with lots of LHWs. (cant say for vanilla, was a boomkin)
    This is probably the most i've ever enjoyed raiding as a resto shaman. Ever. Period.
    Oh, except how quickly current content got boring :-/

U on about 10 mans or 25's?
    Link your char, maybe the answer lies within your stat priorities and choices etc.
    Worth a try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healmenow View Post
    About spirit i made this test because i really dont understand shamans stacking spirit. So i took a resto shaman stacking spirit he had both trinkets with spirit dont remember now how much spirit he had should be close to 3k and i have 2. We both went oom and starting filling our mana up same time and we bothreached same amount of mana the same time. Ofc i had 100k mana and he had 80k but the only thing i noticed was his mana rate refill was getting better than mine as he was filling up but really overall not a noticable difference. Then with full mana we both started casting healing surges to run oom and same thing again we run oom basicaly with the same rate i was much slower cause my mana pool was better and happened to crit alot. i realise that no potion was used but we were actually evaluating our out of combat reg so i m talking about big numbers. He had haste and spirit stacked and i have crit and mastery. Couldnt notice any difference due to our spirit gap. I have sthg less than 2k spirit would like to go 2k or 2,3k i can cast as many healing surges i like but during tidal waves and not spamming in the meantime, same for greater healing waves if they pproc my mana gets even better. Compared to my priest alt i have quite the same mana reg i stacked spirit up to 3.5k on my holy priest to be able to cast flash heals instead of heals and found myshelf in the same mana refill rate my shaman has with 2k spirit (almost). So i guess shamans dont need too much spirit at all they dont have the same mechanics other healers have. Just intellect and some spirit should work fine.
    I have not run extensive tests, so I have no base to argue.

I also wasn't saying Spirit, and Mastery are our best stats and should be stacks to the exclusion of other stats. The OPs tone made it sound like any piece with Spirit or Mastery should be avoided. When I don't feel that is the case, especially with our ability to reforge stats around so easily to get whatever balance we want as long as we don't end up with a stat we don't want on every piece of gear.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by healmenow View Post
    About spirit i made this test because i really dont understand shamans stacking spirit.
    I could be wrong(I'm not a shammy healer, I'm DPS), but I believe they stack spirit because it improves not only their own mana regen, but everyone in the raids when they pop Mana Tide.

10+ Year Old Account
    We are doing fine.

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 04:47 AM ----------

OP, I find the Healing Totem suggestion a little weird.....A walking wooden stump following us around? We don't need pets...
    And healing stream totem is FINE.

I feel like Restoration Shaman are fine right now, and I'm a Resto Shaman too...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I could be wrong(I'm not a shammy healer, I'm DPS), but I believe they stack spirit because it improves not only their own mana regen, but everyone in the raids when they pop Mana Tide.
    This is correct - they stack spirit with ONE thing in mind - to have as strong a Mana Tide as possible... a so called Mana Battery.

Not something you should try doing yourself.. also, it was more importaint back when.. you know.. our output sucked compared to all the other classes..

Im a seldom raider at best now days (life takes priority) and when I do raid Im far outgeared by others and yet I can hold more than my own. Though my HPS may be slightly lower (depending on the fight) my overall heal amount for a boss is typically the highest. Im going to venture to say that you need to quit your qq and learn to play or quit your shammy.

And just to preempt you, my main toon and the only one I raid with is a resto shammy.

*edit: cellphone autospell fix*
    Last edited by FireDraenei; 2011-03-06 at 05:05 AM.

Deleted
    CH is a very situational spell nowadays. I'm pretty sure that it's still a main spell in 25m, but I hardly ever use it in 10m anymore. I would say Riptide is probably my most used spell, with HW and GHW right behind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dakoth View Post
    CH is a very situational spell nowadays. I'm pretty sure that it's still a main spell in 25m, but I hardly ever use it in 10m anymore. I would say Riptide is probably my most used spell, with HW and GHW right behind.
    True.. is it that bad unglyphed though?

And did we mindlessly spam CH as our only spell in 10 man WoTLk raids as well? I remember LHW being high up..