10+ Year Old Account

Turtle Beach DX11 Issues

My Turtle Beach DX11's recently have been having some issues. The sound is much more prevalent in the right earphone, despite the fact that it's still audible in the left. I tried balancing it out with the Device Manager in windows, but that doesn't seem to have done it. I checked all cables and they're in securely. When running the Windows Sound Test from the Device Manager, I'm only able to hear dings out of the right earphone, and even then some are inaudible.
    Am I screwed out of a headset here? I've never been particularly rough on it, and I try to keep my music down to avoid blowing my speakers. (On that topic, I don't think they're blown because I'm not getting the heavy static out of the left ear.)

Deleted
    if the headset has a sound volume knob, try playing a little with it. Sometimes the output won't be quite even on some settings (and sometimes, barely present), especially as wear settles in. You might need to keep it at full volume at all times, or maybe even half or just a quarter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    if the headset has a sound volume knob, try playing a little with it. Sometimes the output won't be quite even on some settings (and sometimes, barely present), especially as wear settles in. You might need to keep it at full volume at all times, or maybe even half or just a quarter.
    No luck. I used a song that takes full advantage of the 2 channel stereo and i didn't get anything out the left side, but both channels out the right.

---------- Post added 2011-03-05 at 05:29 PM ----------

I switched which port the headset was plugged into and it seems to have fixed it. Does this mean I need a new motherboard? (I switched from the Motherboard inputs to one built in on the case.)