Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by tobiashunter View Post
    All my keys are gone for Darkspore!
    dang those went fast xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by brandon7evin View Post
    oooooh Details Details!!!

how has SWTOR been?
    First time we all played it was just one huge giant bugfest, it was nigh on unplayable.

But once they fixed it and gave us a chance to actually play the thing, it turns out its a horrible grindfest that really doesnt feel like an mmo, it's completely soloable and you will most likely never meet another person. It's way too spread out. And the lack of endgame content (at the time) was dissapointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Theelis View Post
    First time we all played it was just one huge giant bugfest, it was nigh on unplayable.

But once they fixed it and gave us a chance to actually play the thing, it turns out its a horrible grindfest that really doesnt feel like an mmo, it's completely soloable and you will most likely never meet another person. It's way too spread out. And the lack of endgame content (at the time) was dissapointing.
    Ya i have been hearing alot of this and based on this and the videos if things dont change for SWTOR i believe it will flop.
    Im not saying i want it to flop, i hope SWTOR turns out good and lasts. Having a futuristic mmo option would be awesome(it haz lazers!).

I will of course get it and wait until im far in the game to decide whether i want to play it or not.

99.9% of the leveling content in WoW is soloable. not sure why you are complaining about that. I highly doubt you are in beta.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    99.9% of the leveling content in WoW is soloable. not sure why you are complaining about that. I highly doubt you are in beta.
    I was for the duration of december.

My test group was "TOR Squadron 72-620" and I got a £25 amazon voucher at the end of the month for the large amount of feedback I gave.

Most content in WoW is soloable but its much more manageable to get a friend along to help and you both get a lot more out of the experience, where as SWTOR is so cluttered and vast that even seeing another person is rare, let alone finding someone who has completed the same missions/quests as you.

I was for the duration of december.

My test group was "TOR Squadron 72-620" and I got a £25 amazon voucher at the end of the month for the large amount of feedback I gave.

Most content in WoW is soloable but its much more manageable to get a friend along to help and you both get a lot more out of the experience, where as SWTOR is so cluttered and vast that even seeing another person is rare, let alone finding someone who has completed the same missions/quests as you.
    So the game is huge. That seems nothing like a plus to me. You do realize that the beta only invites a select group of people to test specific areas? A beta with only a couple hundred people at most does not represent the full game which would have millions and thousands per server.

Deleted
    So the game is huge. That seems nothing like a plus to me. You do realize that the beta only invites a select group of people to test specific areas? A beta with only a couple hundred people at most does not represent the full game which would have millions and thousands per server.
    I'm just talking about my personal experience. That's all.

I'm just talking about my personal experience. That's all.
    About you saying leveling is a grind. How do you feel that way? You would think that the way quest are presented and how the story and choices in a cinematic way, would make the game less "grindy". I just want your opinion.

Oh god Ryzom is still around? That has to be the greatest MMO example of an "undead" release to date. It's been bought and sold off to like 3-4 different companies since its release, and been offline and relaunched at least 2-3x.

It's kinda sad though, because the graphics for its day weren't half bad, and a lot of the core concepts were really neat. I liked the gathering system and the freeform spell creation system that allowed you to adjust the characteristics of a spell yourself. So you had a certain amount of points to spend on the spell, and where you put the points determined the casting time, single vs aoe vs dot target, mana cost, damage done, etc.

Deleted
    About you saying leveling is a grind. How do you feel that way? You would think that the way quest are presented and how the story and choices in a cinematic way, would make the game less "grindy". I just want your opinion.
    At current the quests are unbelieveably bland, it even makes WoW seem exciting and you don't really feel like your character is progressing. I hate to say it but I'd recommend they take some notes out from WoW.

At current the quests are unbelieveably bland, it even makes WoW seem exciting and you don't really feel like your character is progressing. I hate to say it but I'd recommend they take some notes out from WoW.
    I don't know how you think cinematic quest that are voice acted, with choices that you can make that actually effect the quest is bland compared to a linear, non voice acted quest that has no real story or purpose to it.

Maybe its just not for you. I'm not doubting that you played it, but thinking that quest that is the quality of a Mass Effect mission in a MMO seems leagues ahead of everything else. It sounds revolutionary.

Deleted
    I don't know how you think cinematic quest that are voice acted, with choices that you can make that actually effect the quest is bland compared to a linear, non voice acted quest that has no real story or purpose to it.

Maybe its just not for you. I'm not doubting that you played it, but thinking that quest that is the quality of a Mass Effect mission in a MMO seems leagues ahead of everything else. It sounds revolutionary.
    Unfortunately you'd have to play it to understand what I'm trying to say, but overall after playing the beta I found myself not wanting to buy the full version.

Unfortunately you'd have to play it to understand what I'm trying to say, but overall after playing the beta I found myself not wanting to buy the full version.
    People have different taste I guess. The few people that I talked to that was in beta says that the questing in that game is unmatched. I'll just have to wait and see. Your complaint was that the game was huge and there was not enough people in it, and thats totally understandable for a game thats in a very limited beta right now.