Deleted

Question: Omnitron shield trigger

Hello everyone,

our guild is fighting the omnitron heroic encounter at the moment (10) and we still have some problems at not triggering the shields...
    I opened this thread to summarize the experiences of the community of all the abilites that do trigger the shields. I suppose that there are many ppl who are pretty insecure and don't know which of their abilities have to be kept away at this encounter.

In the case of my guild we used the failbot-addon "Ensdia fails" which primarily announced these following "fails", but we are not sure whether they can really trigger the shield..

Just a little list:
    - bane on havoc
    - (passiv) lightning shield from an elemental shaman (when hit by electron's chain lightning e.g.)
    - attacks from pets (warlock/hunter)
    - attacks from temporally summoned pets (blood dk: blood worms; desto wl: ebon imp)
    - dots in general?
    - debuffs in general? (e.g. a debuff that does no dmg like demoralizing shout)

Especially BoH and the passiv lightning shield talent from elemental shamans are important abilites. Keeping them away would strongly limit these classes..

Hope you can help me/others with some 100% correct informations about this problem!

For every Golem's shield except for Magmatrons, it's direct damage only and reflects to the attacker. Bane and dot ticks will not apply debuffs to players or the Golems. However, if you re apply a debuff or dot, it will count as a stack. That also applies to pets, so get them off the shielded target because it can stack up Arcanotrons buff. For uncontrollable pets (Guardians) their attacks do not stack shields, except in Magmatrons case.

Magmatron's shield is different from the others, Toxitrons shield causes you do gain a poison dot, Arcanotrons shield causes him to recieve a stacking buff that increases his casting speed and damage, and Electrons causes a high damage bolt back to attackers. Magmatrons however, is a break it you eat it shield. It doesn't matter who where or what does the damage, as long as enough is done the shield will break. If you have any dots pets bane curse of doom on Magmatron, you're doing it wrong.

Deleted
    Our main problem was the reflected static shock from Electron. "Actually" nobody directly attacked Electron but overall we got a lot of dmg from "static shock".
    In some good tries (6-7 minutes) we took about 300-500k dmg by it. This is definately too much and must be avoided especially because it can lead to instant-gips during Magmatron's AE etc..

Deleted
    Wait, so will Bane of Havoc actualy trigger the shields on Arcanotron, Toxitron and Electron or not?

10+ Year Old Account
    Bane of Havoc should not.

Only direct applications of abilities will trigger static shock. Even if you target him with an ability that doesn't do damage, the application of a spell to him triggers it. If it is a dot ticking already when the shield activates it won't do anything but, if you say refresh the dot it will. Applying bane of havoc will trigger it but not bane of havoc damage if it is already on. Starfall will trigger it also.

Same with arcanotrons shield, toxitron and magmas dont matter just don't touch them and if you do it isn't a big deal.

Lightning shield does not proc it.

Deleted
    Applying any effect to the shielded golems triggers the shield. Applying Bane of Havoc will trigger it, but the ticks wont.

Deleted
    Demoralishing shout definately triggers electron's shield.

Deleted
    We continuesly wiped on 25man heroic because of static shock until our shamans began switching away from lightning shield during Electron's shield. We gained this information after a lot of log research plus some forum information.
    I don't think pets trigger it though, nor does bane of havoc or dots. I think we were also suspecting retribution aura since it works the same as lightning shield, though we have no proof. Lightning shield is one that causes problems though.

Quote Originally Posted by Funkthepunk View Post
    We continuesly wiped on 25man heroic because of static shock until our shamans began switching away from lightning shield during Electron's shield. We gained this information after a lot of log research plus some forum information.
    I don't think pets trigger it though, nor does bane of havoc or dots. I think we were also suspecting retribution aura since it works the same as lightning shield, though we have no proof. Lightning shield is one that causes problems though.
    I'm pretty sure they fixed Lightning Shield a few weeks ago. It was in one of the hotfixes that happened post 4.0.6 iirc (although I cba going to find it).

stupid demo shout triggering static shock on heroic mode sucks. especially when it causes a 1% wipe.

So I guess this means that its best not to apply the thunder clap/demo shout buff once the shield is up? Wondering for both normal and hard mode.

15+ Year Old Account
    Darkmoon card also triggers it. You're thinking about the whole thing wrong though. The following combat log events trigger it:

Spell_Damage
    Swing_Damage

Bane of havoc does trigger magmatrons shield, ALL dot effects, and probably pets as well will break his shield - whether they were applied before or after.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudkiper View Post
    ALL dot effects
    Absolutely false.

Again, it's SPELL_DAMAGE, SWING_DAMAGE, and RANGE_DAMAGE

Common things to trigger shields that you might miss:
    - Pets
    - Bane of Havoc (generates Damage events)
    - Final tick of Living Bomb (generates a Damage event at the end)
    - Volcano Darkmoon Card (can proc off DoT's, so be careful)
    - Lightning Shield
    - Ret Paladin's Eye for an Eye
    - Avalanche (Can trigger off DoT's)
    - Searing Totem

Things that do not break the shield:
    - All DoT ticks
    - Applying DoT's that have no initial/ending damage. For example, Unstable Affliction is okay, Immolate is not. Insect Swarm is okay, Moonfire is not.
    - Drain Attacks (Drain Life, Drain Soul, Mind Flay, Mind Sear)
    - Damage Dealing Interrupts, conditional that they do interrupt (Kick)

A common thing that hits the shield accidentally that people are overlooking most of the time is the Doll healers are using, since it's dumb and does a weak arcane damage attack when used, it will blow up the shield from SPELL_DAMAGE and you won't think twice to blame the healer, and assume it was wrong thing like ightning shield or something. We have a strict no doll policy on this fight, cause using it is so much out of habit, that weknow if any healer is wearing one, they will probably use it out of instinct before they realize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    Absolutely false.

Again, it's SPELL_DAMAGE, SWING_DAMAGE, and RANGE_DAMAGE

Common things to trigger shields that you might miss:
    - Pets
    - Bane of Havoc (generates Damage events)
    - Final tick of Living Bomb (generates a Damage event at the end)
    - Volcano Darkmoon Card (can proc off DoT's, so be careful)
    - Lightning Shield
    - Ret Paladin's Eye for an Eye
    - Avalanche (Can trigger off DoT's)
    - Searing Totem

Things that do not break the shield:
    - All DoT ticks
    - Applying DoT's that have no initial/ending damage. For example, Unstable Affliction is okay, Immolate is not. Insect Swarm is okay, Moonfire is not.
    - Drain Attacks (Drain Life, Drain Soul, Mind Flay, Mind Sear)
    - Damage Dealing Interrupts, conditional that they do interrupt (Kick)
    Are you sure about the lightning shield and Eye for an Eye? I thought it only procced off direct damage spells.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xerif View Post
    Are you sure about the lightning shield and Eye for an Eye? I thought it only procced off direct damage spells.
    They do. Unfortunately, Electron's chain lightning counts as a "direct damage" spell, and his shield is also the most lethal.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    So I guess this means that its best not to apply the thunder clap/demo shout buff once the shield is up? Wondering for both normal and hard mode.
    Correct.

As a tank, you basically get to stand there and do nothing when Electron's shield is up.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxie View Post
    both debuffs last longer then the shield does, so just refresh them right before shield goes up and your good.
    Quote Originally Posted by tkjnz
    If memory serves me right, a fox is a female wolf.