Dropping engi for JC?

Was thinking about dropping engi and picking up JC for the trinket alone. According to EJ its 2nd BiS.

But the question i was wondering is if it is logical to get rid of the engi helm? From what I understand is that the tinker is about roughly the same Int given by the JC only jewels. So would it be worth it?

i wouldnt glove enchant 96int avg>jc gems 81int

crafted items will be replaced eventually (even if its next tier like it is for jc)
    Last edited by dotsown; 2011-03-06 at 02:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dotsown View Post
    i wouldnt glove enchant 96int avg>jc gems 81int

crafted items will be replaced eventually (even if its next tier like it is for jc)
    It's 80 intellect average for tinker...duration was reduced to 10 seconds

You cant really use the figurine past 359 because the lack of hit will kill you. You need two reforgeable trinkets

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    You cant really use the figurine past 359 because the lack of hit will kill you. You need two reforgeable trinkets
    Not true at all. In fact it's still one of the best trinkets available if you dont have access to the haste cap via bell of enraging resonance heroic.

>http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-...n_4_0_6_4_1_a/

The only reason i use bell over figuring currently is because i can reforge it to the haste cap.
    Last edited by KassieDS; 2011-03-06 at 12:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    Not true at all. In fact it's still one of the best trinkets available if you dont have access to the haste cap via bell of enraging resonance heroic.

>http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t110222-...n_4_0_6_4_1_a/

The only reason i use bell over figuring currently is because i can reforge it to the haste cap.
    Assuming you're going for the haste cap, which you should be, figurine is out of the question. But you can use it while upgrading your gear to 372, sure.

blacksmith and jewelcraft will forever come out on top as long as they leave them scale with epic gems.

anything else.. meh its mediocre.

Quote Originally Posted by Xenocastra View Post
    Assuming you're going for the haste cap, which you should be, figurine is out of the question. But you can use it while upgrading your gear to 372, sure.
    Thank you for informing me of what i should be doing on my warlock because i was just gearing for tehlulz before.

Op never mentioned what level of raiding he does, what gear is available. If he does anything short of 6/13 heroic the jc trinket will still be his second best in slot.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcontribution View Post
    blacksmith and jewelcraft will forever come out on top as long as they leave them scale with epic gems.

anything else.. meh its mediocre.
    Eh, the big thing BS and JC have going for them is flexibility really. If you have some kind of stat cap to aim for that can be nice, but if you're just using them for the intellect they're equivalent to the other professions providing extra int. For Engineering there's also the secondary factor to consider that it gives you an additional cooldown; Demon Soul and Metamorphosis are the obvious example of how a cooldown can work out to be better than its averaged stat increase, but it factors in on DoTs as well. If you combine using your Bane of Doom with the Synapse Springs, you'll always have a Bane of Doom running that's 480 intellect stronger: Whereas with a static 80 int, your Bane of Doom would only be 80 intellect stronger.

You do need to be careful with making your DoTs make good use of your extra stat cooldowns/procs though. Bane of Doom and Synapse Springs are an easy combo due to the length of the DoT and the cooldown being the exact same length. But at the same its usually not worth it to recast a DoT if its already running just because you had a proc occur: The damage you gain by doing so isn't all that big, since you need to subtract the damage the current DoT still has left to figure out the real amount of damage you're gaining from doing so, which basically boils down to "Only ever refresh DoTs when there's barely any time left on it".

Quote Originally Posted by Matero View Post
    It's 80 intellect average for tinker...duration was reduced to 10 seconds
    wow wasnt aware it was nerfed just noticed today may reroll jc since its +1 more int and trinket once i get a replacement helm

Well let me ask a better question..

..would a static 81 int trump the 480 int every 10 secs? Guess i'll have to sim this to figure out the answer for myself. Not really interested in the trink anymore because i forgot about the haste you can get with the bell