Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Chimaeron with 0 Healers, Possible?

Now, hear me out, I'm not completely bonkers.

My theory is that with 2 Tanks and 8 Shadow Priests this would be possible. With 8 Shadow Priests pulling 15k DPS (easily possible and just about average) that equates to 2800 HPS on the entire raid. Meaning people will be over 10k in just under 4 seconds. Shadow Priests will also be pulling a further 450 HPS on themselves. This would be enough to heal everything including Double Attacks (With a Prot Paladin WoGGing himself in decent gear (Shadow Priests can also roll Renews on the Double Attack tank). During Feud a Diving Hymn rotation can be executed and with a Prot Paladin and Feral you could use Holy Radiance on every Feud, 2 Hymns and a Tranq on 1 Feud, 3 Hymns on a 2nd Feud, 3 Hymns on a 3rd Feud. I think, mathematically it could be done, not sure however.

Also, I'd love to see it attempted with 23 Shadow Priests and 2 Tanks on 25man

Ofcourse, I am talking about normal. Also " Why do it stupidly when you can just kill it normally " It's called having fun and doing things differently, it could also prove to be challenging.

Love to see a bigger guild/bunch of people trying to do this.

This wouldnt work unless the spriests were pulling 15k all the time, but they will probably pull 11k sometimes or 18k other times, plus the tank healing would not work out very well.

But it would be awesome to see someone try this, maybe my math sucks but I just don't see it happening.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking that during Feud it would be hard to survive.

Fued and the Double Attack tank are the only 2 issues I see standing out :P but if it can be done would be an interesting video

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    This. Feud would be piss hard to survive. But it'd be mad fun to give a shot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ragelicious View Post
    Mute yourself. You happen to be dumb atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Taros View Post
    Actually, 8 dispersions+8 Divine Hymns olololol

Back in the day DnT 5 manned Lotheb (naxx 40) by using the mechanics of the fight against itself. Its possible but blizzard will hotfix it as soon as its accomplished just like they did.

youtube.com/watch?v=raaLqFelbCk

Deleted
    and what happens if 10 prot pala/blood knight try to tank chimaeron?
    Caustic Slime is supposed to hit only who is not in a tank spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    If their casting renews, their healing
    * sarcasm end*
    Possibly, depends on the tanks and their gear, dk and pally tank might be able to due to self heals, more on the dk side, + every 30 sec the DK throws in 11% of his partys hp

2 tanks, 7 shadow priests, and 1 holy pally

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velenei View Post
    Didn't know you could Divine Hymn while dispersed! :P

I don't want to be a naysayer though. Would be awesome if someone could pull this off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Excentrix View Post
    Back in the day DnT 5 manned Lotheb (naxx 40) by using the mechanics of the fight against itself. Its possible but blizzard will hotfix it as soon as its accomplished just like they did.

youtube.com/watch?v=raaLqFelbCk
    Yeah, thinking about that is what got me thinking that Chimaeron could be possible, I remember seeing that video and being awestruck.

Or they will nerf shadow priests again... Gtfo... Dont nerf me bro!

No, sounds interesting, it really does. Now go back to the top of my post and take me seriously this time.

Deleted
    the attacks on the tanks during feud wouldn't be healable at all meaning tank dies. And same would happen on the change to feud phase that u need to full up your tank (tank wouldnt be able to get enought hps up before poping cds and getting hit) and dont forget that tanks got only 1 cds then they need a bit of healing Dunno anyways how it would go on normal concidering i joined my guild while we were doing it on hc so i know only about hc dmg pulls but i guess it is the same fight.

The shadow priests could rotate divine hymns and dispersions and bubbling themselves during Fued. I don't think that would be an issue. There would be many extra dps, so the group would only have to go through a few Feuds.

There might be a little bit of a problem getting everyone above 10k immediately after the massacre that comes at the end of Feud. If too many of them let their dots fall off and don't get right back to DPSing then the raid healing would be pretty gimped. I think this could be worked around though by designating one of them per group to throw out a POH after that massacre.

I think the issue would be getting the offtank above 150k health to take the double attacks every 15 seconds. I don't think DK's can self-heal THAT much. I think you would still need 1 healer or some very good RNG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siral View Post
    and what happens if 10 prot pala/blood knight try to tank chimaeron?
    Caustic Slime is supposed to hit only who is not in a tank spec.
    That could get interesting. Does it actually consider the tank spec or is it checking for threat?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by patixas View Post
    the attacks on the tanks during feud wouldn't be healable at all meaning tank dies. And same would happen on the change to feud phase that u need to full up your tank (tank wouldnt be able to get enought hps up before poping cds and getting hit) and dont forget that tanks got only 1 cds then they need a bit of healing Dunno anyways how it would go on normal concidering i joined my guild while we were doing it on hc so i know only about hc dmg pulls but i guess it is the same fight.
    The tanks aren't melee'd during Feud on normal so it eliminates the need to get them up so quickly, they can be topped at the same rate as the raid.

But yes, I agree on heroic it would be impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by Velenei View Post
    they can also spam holy nova =)

Just wait for a Deathwing Raid-geared DK to solo it. :P

15+ Year Old Account
    Also, maybe using a Resto Druid to stack break in bear form, with a Prot Paladin taking double attacks with 8 Shadow Priests.