Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Shadow Hearts: Covenant.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustlock View Post
    Demon's Souls for the PS3. The unique online multiplayer experience is pretty awesome (I still remember the first time another player invaded my world and killed me ... Good times) - although the servers for the game are going down at the end of this year? I think that's because the next game is coming out...

If you get a SNES emulator for the PC you can get Chrono Trigger, Terranigma, Secret of Evermore or Secret of Mana (1+2) ...

Also if you want to get REALLY hardcore you could play (one of my favourite games) ADOM! (www.adom.de/)

It's a nethack style old-school ASCII-art RPG game with ... Well... A LOT of hours of game play. I severely suggest starting with a guide to help you with the commands (the in-game "?" button is your super friend forever) and to help explain everything...
    not a game a standard RPGer is equiped to deal with mind you.
    but dragon age: origins, for what ever platform you wish(i prefer on ps3), is the best fit given your history.

Quote Originally Posted by thoukaia View Post
    Hey mmo-champion readers. I have a PC, a PS2 and a PS3 and I just found myself with 15 days of free time so i'd like to buy an RPG i havent played before, any ideas? I dont care how old it is as long as it has half-decent graphics, and it doesnt have to be a pure RPG, can be something like a strategy-RTS-RPG like WC3 or anything of that sort.

I have already played:

Morrowind, Oblivion
    FF 7-13
    DnD games: ToEE, NWN2, Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale
    LotR: Return of the King and Conquest
    Overlord 1&2
    Sacred 2
    And loads more which i didnt enjoy enough to remember their names ^^

Any suggestions?
    I've heard Fable is a great RPG but neither Fable 1 or 2 has been out for PC or PS2/PS3 is that correct?
    I also havent played Diablo 2. My friend praised this game so much but when i finally played it i was somewhat disappointed by the gameplay. I will definitely give it another try someday though.
    definetly remember that it was done more than 10 years ago.

I recall playing it when i was 7 with my class-mates on LAN.

If you ignore the outoutoutdated graphics/engine you will find out it's one of the best games of all time.

Also,ot,i suggest:

Dragon Age origins,Fallout 3&New Vegas,Knights of the Old Republic

Fable
    Mass Effect
    and Demon Souls is good.

Dragon Age 2 in 2 days.

10+ Year Old Account
    White Knight Chronicles PS3 Great game very fun and funny at points though try and wait for 2 to have an english release since 1 is in it.

Fable 1,2 AND 3 are/will be available for PC(3 will be out soon)

Xenosaga one of my all time favorite series

XenoGears now available on PSN

Chrono Cross now available on the DS if you have one

Chrono Trigger can actually be ordered off of the square enix site still at least in the US

Breath of fire games other than five. If you can find em definitely worth it especially 3 and 4(3 can be found on the psp in europe or imported same game as ps1)

Star Ocean games pretty much any of them theough IMO 3 is best and 4 worst

Pretty much any Tales game though my persoanl favorites are Eternia/Destiny II(same game just ones the US name as for finding same story as BoF 3) and Abyss as well as Symphonia 1

Most of what i;ve mentioned are pc ps1 ps2 and ps3 games. Though several are not among them symphonia and breath off ire 1 and 2 . Star ocean you can get less buggy versions for the psp but they were originally ps1 games. So most of these should be playable by you from what you've said. Also in case you can't guess i'm a major JRPG fan.

Every single Fallout, tbh. Except for the one that came out on the original Xbox, Brotherhood of Steel? It's OKAY, but not great.

Planescape: Torement
    by Black Isle, same guys who did Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.

Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    Planescape: Torement
    by Black Isle, same guys who did Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale.
    i thought Bioware did Baldur's Gate

Fable 3 was okay but the end felt very rushed.

I hated the battle system in Dragon Age Origins.

I loved the fire emblem games.

Mass Effect 1 & 2

Above all else, Dragon Age: Origins 100 hours of unique experience right there, and ye by the time you complete it the 2nd will come out =)
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Deleted
    Phantasy Star Universe
    Last Remnant

And Fable is pretty good as mentioned before.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanSparda View Post
    i thought Bioware did Baldur's Gate
    same guys....

I vote for Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, similar playstyle to Baulder's Gate and Icewind Dale, only with a steampunk twist!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fews View Post
    same guys....

I vote for Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura, similar playstyle to Baulder's Gate and Icewind Dale, only with a steampunk twist!
    Excepts bioware did the game and black isle only assisted them in making the game. Also bioware has stated publicly that "we are not black isle studios".

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    Excepts bioware did the game and black isle only assisted them in making the game. Also bioware has stated publicly that "we are not black isle studios".
    yes but they only made that announcement because everybody knows they are the same guys

(TECHNICALLY YOU'RE RIGHT BUT EVERYONE ASSOICATES THE TWO SO WHATEVER)

can't believe it hasn't been mentioned yet but you said you've played only ff7-current. have you played fftactics? (ps1) it's amazing long if you decide to go after everything and is rly sound from a tactical standpoint. you may also want to check out the ogre battle series. (i know one is out for n64 but may be hard to find)

DA:O vote from me as well.

Buy the ultimate edition for circa £20 tops, hello 150 hours of solid, enjoyable gameplay.

Dragon age origins, Dragon age origins :Awakening, and in a few days Dragon age 2

15+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Age: Origins and its followup Awakening. Dragon Age 2 is coming out next week so there is 3 RPGs you most certainly will love. I quarantee it!