Deleted

Unexpected things that have happened in raids/dungeons, that was YOUR fault?!

Im not so sure, should this thread be here or by the funstuff, but anyways :
    Im quite sure everyone has done something silly, stupid in real life, while being in a dungeon or a raid. Something, that made you and your group wait and/or die from laughter.
    LIke for me the a weird moment was, when we were raiding ICC25 hc mode, I got so excited while fighting the blood beasts,that i accidentally stepped and squished my entire bowl of blueberries, that were right beside me on the floor. And thus I got a new nick - Blueberry crusher .

Maybe you have done something silly, that has wiped the entire group>? (not regular mistakes, but something you could just facepalm about later)

I'm the main tank for my 10m group, I had just eaten a huge chipotle burrito and was ready to raid.

We were doing Maloriakk (before the enrage nerf, so it was stressful) we got him to like 8% and i farted....the smell....well i started gagging and had to leave the area, needless to say we had like a 5% wipe.

I felt pretty bad for that

I'm usually in charge of interrupting add spawns on Maloriak and one night i was "in the zone" and interrupted almost all of them before the first green phase. It didn't go so well.

10+ Year Old Account
    being on my BM hunter and taking my turtle pet out during a wipe. solo'ed the last 15% of the last boss in stonecore.

I was in a half pug/half alt run on my druid, who isn't very geared nor am I very good on her, for BWD. We were on Ascendant Council. I managed to get myself killed (don't remember how, it was surely stupid), got battle rez'd, then did really terrible dps the rest of the fight. We had a 6% wipe then the raid broke up. : / Felt pretty bad on that one.

This wasn't something I caused but it was pretty hysterical. We were doing 10 man Ulduar Iron Council when suddenly our main tank, a paladin, lost aggro to our boomkin. He was immediately squashed, followed by our mage, priest, and so on. We couldn't fathom why the paladin had lost aggro, as he was a pretty damn good tank and this had never happened before. Then, over vent:

"Guys...I think I know what happened. I have forbearance..."

Turns out he had gone to hit his 50% damage reduction shield (totally brain farted on what that was called) and hit bubble instead.
    I am your Blood Queen. You must submit.

Quote Originally Posted by Havekk View Post
    I'm the main tank for my 10m group, I had just eaten a huge chipotle burrito and was ready to raid.

We were doing Maloriakk (before the enrage nerf, so it was stressful) we got him to like 8% and i farted....the smell....well i started gagging and had to leave the area, needless to say we had like a 5% wipe.

I felt pretty bad for that
    you are not a man

one time on festergut (during progression) we were down to like 12-15% and everyone was up. it looked like a kill.

i was the main healer for our raid and i got arrested. "SORRY GUYS GOTTA GO COPS ARE HERE" they ended up killing him with someone's healer alt after a few more wipes... i felt pretty bad =/
    Last edited by fews; 2011-03-06 at 11:20 PM.

Back in Burning Crusade I was the ranged tank for Illidan's Demon phase. During one of our attempts he was about to go into demon phase and I dc'd (Still stacked up for the little ghosts that would come out of people) and I hard dc'd (the kind where it takes 10 years to dc you and you just stand there) but I get like 4 MD's from hunters as he goes into meta phase and I proceed to own like 9 people in range of my character before I finally dc and survive. I log back in and all I see in chat is "Wtf Galith. Wtf". Best DC ever.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

In before lame embellished stories that never happened just to make themselves sound cool..

Oops to late!!!

Deleted
    Magmaw got impaled to the spike... or so the game said, but instead of getting on the ground forward he turned 180 backwards making him untargettable and very funny looking for the phase.

Still got it down on that try though, trivial boss gladly and the next spike impale phases worked normally

EDIT: Not my fault though, I wasn't chaining. Though I doubt it was the chainers' fault either.
    Last edited by mmoc4515b91cb7; 2011-03-07 at 01:27 AM.

Not what I did. But we pretty much nailed Maloriak one night, we totally screwed up on the first attempt, but the second attempt, we were at about 8%, our Shadow Priest said over Vent "We've got it guys, well done". I replied "Don't jinx it!". Then the main tank died, then the off tank died, then I died, and then the healers died, and then the DpS died. We killed him, but we wiped at the same time. Right at the end there was a silence followed by "Fuck you <name of Shadow Priest>."

I was on my feral (cat) druid doing Magmaw with my guild when the tank died. I jumped to bear form to tank him until I could b-rez the tank during the spike phase. I got grabbed by magmaw, and I somehow b-rezed the tank out over the lava, and our priest didn;t react fast enough to life grip him, so he got killed. Luckily magmaw was low enough health that we were able to kill him.

In vanilla we wiped on Flamegor. Being a hunter I stripped my armour off, ran away and feigned death. I took the opportunity to use the bathroom while people ran back and ressed.

From the bathroom I hear "What the hell!" I come back in to find everyone still just as dead as before and I'm still feigned naked in my corner.

Turns out that a paladin ressed my pet back when there was a bug where if anyone but a hunter ressed a pet, it would immediately attack the last attacker. Flamegor was nearby. 39 people were getting ready for another pull when my pig charged in, grabbed the boss, died and he came back to wipe the very unprepared raid. I'm still very much alive though.

TLDR - I wiped a raid by being AFK and feigned in a corner.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    we were doing chimaeron hc a few days ago and one of our tanks said guys brb earthquake the whole guild lol'd he lived in turkey where the earthquakes actually happened was so funny.

I had this really bad habit back in the Karazhan days where for some reason I would accidentally shift out of bear form...on boss fights. Eighth attempt at Prince Malchezzar in one night and I shift out of bear on accident, instantly wiping us. I didn't feel that bad though, because let's face it, it's Karazhan.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghash View Post
    I had this really bad habit back in the Karazhan days where for some reason I would accidentally shift out of bear form...on boss fights. Eighth attempt at Prince Malchezzar in one night and I shift out of bear on accident, instantly wiping us. I didn't feel that bad though, because let's face it, it's Karazhan.
    Yet it took more than 8 tries for Prince :< For shame

Quote Originally Posted by rewn View Post
    Yet it took more than 8 tries for Prince :< For shame
    Yeah, we had some pretty terrible raid leaders in that guild. I started my own with some friends after that and with me leading raids we did a lot better, although we were never really into hardcore progression. I used to just roll with the punches with them because half the raid was usually high so it was funny to listen to vent .

Back during one of my first runs of Kara, we had just downed Chess. We were going up the staircase and I was very curious about what was located on the ledges. Needless to say I aggroed a group of mobs which inevitably wiped the group.

Not too horrible, guess I'm just a pro player .