Deleted

Lifeblood worth using? (haste)

As title states, is lifeblood worth using vs. casting other spells as a shadow priest?

15+ Year Old Account
    It's good for a cooldown, but I would go with far better professions if this is your main.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Lifeblood is off the global cooldown afaik so ofcourse it's worth using.

(@above: ???? it's not a talent)

Deleted
    It doent trigger a GCD so...

Lifeblood shares a CD with other "use" trinkets. Nevertheless, why not use it?

I think "...vs casting other spells..." has us all a little confused. You dont have to sacrifice anything to use it, so I'm not really sure what/why you're asking. It's not the best profession for pve dps, but if you have it and don't care to switch of course you should be using it.

15+ Year Old Account
    If you are trying to min/max with your priest then you would not have herbalism as one of your professions. Tailoring to go along with your enchanting or JC would be a far better use of professions as the haste use that herbalism gives is crap compared to them. I'm also curious why you're so worried about doing the best that you can when your gear shows you aren't min/maxing properly (instead of picking up the 20 int bonus of the chest AND 20 spirit for hit to bring you closer to hit cap you opt to only get the 80 int that you would have got with the purified in the blue socket). If you absolutely have to keep herbalism as a profession to min/max then yes you should be using it multiple times on a boss fight as its only a 2 minute CD and it provides lots of haste even if its a weak on use compared to other profession perks.

Deleted
    Guess i wasnt thinking stright

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 09:09 PM ----------

Corrtected the gemming on the chest. Thanks

corrected*

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 09:11 PM ----------

Gaymer: improvements are always welcome - somehow i missed the gemming on the chest - but youre correct on that.

Herbalism was chosen based on a guild need for herbs (i dont have any alts to farm with). Actually, didnt pay profession bonus' any chance until today (unless the enchanting ones..)

15+ Year Old Account
    If your guild is in need of an herbalist I'd suggest you talk to them about having one of their alts pick it up instead of making a main take it up and gimp his personal damage potential. Not sure what you meant by "don't have any alts to farm with" because any alt who picks up a gathering profession can effectively gather. When I'm out on my pally or warrior trying to mine in Uldum I come across lvl 80 miners all the time and kill the Alliance ones while cussing out the Horde ones to myself since I can't kill them to take my node.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ain View Post
    Guess i wasnt thinking stright

Corrtected the gemming on the chest. Thanks

corrected*

---------- Post added 2011-03-06 at 09:11 PM ----------

Gaymer: improvements are always welcome - somehow i missed the gemming on the chest - but youre correct on that.

Herbalism was chosen based on a guild need for herbs (i dont have any alts to farm with). Actually, didnt pay profession bonus' any chance until today (unless the enchanting ones..)
    Just FYI, you can edit your posts. Making 3 new posts to correct the first one is called spam, just saying.

Deleted
    I got lifeblood on a macro together with the orc racial since they have the same cooldown. Works fine.

Deleted
    You could make a macro:

#showtooltip Vampiric Touch
    /Cast Lifeblood
    /Cast Vampiric Touch

And never have to worry about it again, better than not casting it at all.

Deleted
    Cheers - ill look into that Tsjb

My warrior is my main, and he's also a dual gatherer(herbalism and skinning). I know if I wanted to min/max I'd replace them with other professions, but I really don't care to change them. And since I have Lifeblood, I figure I may as well use it, so I have it macroed with Blood Fury as well. I also have both of them macroed to Deadly Calm, works well.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I played shadow(the little bit that I did), I liked macroing it to my Archangel because of the increased mind flay damage and being able to pump more out is always good. So I guess what I'm saying is chose a spell where you think it would benefit you the most.
    Now Casual Holy/Disc Priest: Summer of 2011

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude.
    Thomas Jefferson