Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm extremely loyal. I know if she wasn't, I'd be devastated beyond what is really necessary.

Of course after about 2-3 days of dealing with it, I'd probably go rub one out and start picking up the pieces, but that's neither here nor there.

It's easy to see the negatives because no one ever talks about the positives. That's just life. It's the same with everything.

But overall, given the drastic rise in divorces recently, I'd say there are more cases of (or just more reactions to) infidelity than there used to be. I'm sure it has something to do with marriage not being considered as (I don't want to say Sacred and start a religion flamefest) "special" as it once was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valoton View Post
    I dont think ill get married ever. But ill stay loyal if I meet a nice girl :P
    a men brother ... marriage pretty much flipping a coin 1 side is happy other side is anger/sadness and knowing my luck i'll always get the anger side .... and plus weddings are so damn exspensive

The way I see it, cheating just creates headaches and hassle. If you really care about the person you're with, then you wont jump at the chance to hop in bed with the first pretty face that looks your way. If you are so easily swayed or are just flat out disinterested with your significant other to the point that you would consider being with someone else then just make it simple and leave your significant other. I'm pretty sure most people would rather be dumped/divorced than find out they were cheated on. Besides, even if you dont care about hurting your significant other's feelings, when you sleep around you expose them to whatever diseases you've exposed yourself to as well and that's completely unfair.

To the OP, sorry to hear about your friend. My husband and i are both former military and knew several people who either cheated on their spouses while deployed or were cheated on while deployed.

whether you guys think its naive or not, the divorce rate has been climbing. its cultural maybe. fat and annoying people (many who play WOW), have it way easier to say that they are truthful to their lovers because no one else wants to love them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    My Marine friend got back from a 1 year tour of Afghanistan. He was so happy to be back, but that turned around quickly when he found out his wife was cheating on him while he was gone. They were married for 3 years and dating for god knows how much longer.
    Marine friend got back from a 1 year tour [in] Afghanistan.
    got back from a 1 year tour [in] Afghanistan.
    1 year tour [in] Afghanistan.
    1 year tour

Coming back from war is the single hardest thing any relationship has to deal with. It's probably the single hardest thing to deal with, period.

Most people that are deployed overseas don't get to talk to their loved ones on anything approaching a regular basis.

But for the people they leave behind, it is a constant battle to overlook or overcome the hole that's left by their spouse no longer being there. The people that manage not to cheat on their spouses are the ones that are able to fill every waking moment with more than they can accomplish and surround themselves with friends. And this is only dealing with the issue of fidelity.

Just making it through the year apart doesn't ensure the success of the relationship. War fucks people over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daginni View Post
    My Marine friend got back from a 1 year tour of Afghanistan. He was so happy to be back, but that turned around quickly when he found out his wife was cheating on him while he was gone. They were married for 3 years and dating for god knows how much longer.

This made me a little depressed, are people loyal to their lovers anymore? I mean, my grandfather and grandmother were married to each over for 50 years until my grandfather died, leaving my grandmother widowed. They were happily married for just about the entire time, even though at times things were not the brightest, they stuck together. This is something that just doesn't seem to happen anymore, it seems like people think Marriage is just extended dating. They will be happy until the first argument, and then they get divorced and remarried to someone else a year latter.

Can someone explain what they think marriage is? It certainly isn't Til death do us part anymore.
    I was loyal to him, but he cheated and I gave him the boot.

Deleted
    Did he kill anyone in Afghanistan?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yvelisse View Post
    can't say having had the tempation to is 100% but okay~
    I'd say resisting temptation makes you 110% loyal. As should be.

Marriage means squat unless you love the person. If you love the person then there should never be any temptation

This thread is funny.

Sexually?
    At times yes I get hit with the red tented glasses of being single and being able to succumb to temptation, but I have and never will cheat. I stand by that.

Emotionally?
    No the thought of ever crossing my girlfriend/fiance(^_^) with another woman emotionally just makes me sick personally. This may give me or more notably "men" a bad rep but as far as I see woman that are outside of my relationship that I don't know from friendship are just a sexual temptation. They are probably nice people but I generally don't think about other relationships when I'm dating someone. Though as I said, that only for woman I don't know personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Enale View Post
    Did he kill anyone in Afghanistan?
    That depends, did he kill anyone in Afghanistan? Did you kill anyone in Afghanistan? Did I kill anyone in Afghanistan? That we can leave up to our imaginations, because these are not questions that need to be asked.

15+ Year Old Account
    My fiancé and I never goes out so needless to say, we couldn't be even if we wanted. When that is said, none of us would ever disrespect eachother in that way, we simply love eachother way to much.
    Sorry you had a bad experience with love, but we are some out here that still pay it the respect it deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by Valoton View Post
    I dont think ill get married ever.
    /sad brofist

10+ Year Old Account
    There are many people who remain loyal to their spouses...especially the religious ones...Like, in my church (i am not really religious but i am active in church stuff because I have really close friends there), we have couples who just go through everything thick and thin without even seeing their marriage come close to falling into shambles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been married going on 20 years.

Have I been tempted? You bet. Have I ever strayed? Hell no.

I'm not even religious. But all I have to do is think about how devastated she would be. That will stop me in my tracks every time. Of course, Kate Beckinsale never showed up at my door wearing a lace teddy. But I think my wife would understand if that happened.

People do cheat. You can argue that monogamy isn't a natural human state. Even the most loyal of us will have a wandering eye. We're hard wired to find people attractive. That doesn't turn off just because you put a ring on. It's what you do with that attraction that matters.

No. My girl cheated on me, so iv been treating her like a big bag of shit and cheating behind her back.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigSuze View Post
    You've mistakenly made the assumption that I'm not capable of buying MORE poutine.

I love my wife!!! ^_^