Thread: PvP armors.

PvP armors.

Hey. Well I do a lot of arena and BGs but I always wondered. Each armor has its own clear purpose.

Mage Armor is made for arcane with the regen, but has good magic defense (casters)
    Frost Armor is made for frost to add defense + slow down enemy attack speed to help against melee classes.
    Molten Armor is made for fire to help with its pure nuke damage- of course with its little bit of damage to attackers.

Now I am fire and in arena I use molten armor. But I cant help but think how using Mage armor and Frost armor in situations were it is called for can be extremely helpful.

So I guess my question is, do any of you hardcore PvPers switch armors depending on who your fighting. Should I stick all three armors on an action bar?

I'm only 68, but I switch armors on the go already. I start out in Frost in case someone decides to ambush me (it happens), then switch to Fire if we're nuking someone and I'm not being targeted. Finally, if I'm oom'ing, I switch to mage armor for the regen. I'm kind of used to switching because my main is a warrior, so it's not a huge hassle for me.

Then again, I'm kind of new at the mage thing, so I might be doing it wrong. But it works for me, and I usually lead BG's in KB's.

Mage Armor on at all times, switch to Frost for melee.

Molten is not for PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Rendhammer View Post
    Mage Armor on at all times, switch to Frost for melee.

Molten is not for PvP.
    I figured this. And thanks. Ill do that instead, I just wanted to make sure.

Most mages goes with mage armor for the regen bonus and the reduced magic duration.