Indepth question about warlock trinkets, lots of info provided.

I know there is probably something on here to answer this but I can't find it.

which trinkets?

In a full 25 man raid I'm sitting at these stats:

16.93% hit (.07% miss chance so basically cap)
    30.05% haste (next dot ticks are UA 50%, corr 41%, boa 37%)
    11.08% crit (FULLY UNBUFFED! I forgot to check crit rating in raid)
    12.70 mastery (38% when mirror procs)

At the moment I'm using:

Stump of Time
    Theralion's Mirror (regular)

I also have:

Heart of Ignacious (regular)
    Bell of Enraging Resonance (regular)

I play affliction using drain life as my filler which is why I use the mirror. I am just wondering if it's worth it to drop the base +321 int from mirror to use a reforged bell which would be 193crit 128haste with the 1926 sp proc. The +321 int from the mirror is = to 321 sp, ~.5% crit and 5627 mana. With the ICD on bell it is ~385.2 if translated to constant. That is ~60 more SP then the base int gives from stump but again, it is a proc base.

So in short I am wondering what the thoughts are on proc 1926 sp with constant 193crit 128haste OR base 321sp and proc 1926 mastery. Keep in mind this is for AFF DRAIN spec where mastery is beneficial.

As for Heart of Ignacious, it is essentially constant 385 sp (stacks with DMG spells only so no life tap, rain of fire etc cheating) and 321 haste per stack = 1605 haste. Now I know haste is complicated and varies amount as haste increases but assuming just base haste from the trinket not scaling it would mean a full 5 stack consumed would be ~12.5% haste. Adding 12.5 to my raid buffed 30% haste, that would put me at 42.5% haste NOT INCLUDING SCALING so it would actually be higher. That would be enough to give me an extra tick on both corruption and boa.

With the expected changes to our mastery, we get 5% increase to the SHADOW MASTERY portion of it which will give an additional 5% dmg to ALL shadow spells. When we get that buff, if we drop 5% of mastery rating would we be at the same spot dps wise? If so, would it be worth it to drop that 5% and put it into something else rendering the mirror potentially useless?

I know there is a lot of stuff in this post and I do appreciate any feedback from people who can use spreadsheets etc. to test the trinkets and give me numbers on what my dps COULD be with all the trinket combos. I am going to be at a test dummy as soon as I post this, but those won't be raid stats and with haste scaling the way it does it could throw my numbers off. If there are some posts with sim numbers I'll update with what I get off target dummies to compare.

Thanks in advanced for reading this!

EDIT:

5 mins on dummy with:

stump/mirror = 12.8k
    stump/bell = 13k
    stump/heart = 12.5k

So they all seem to be fairly close outside of a raid, but I did feel stump/heart to be lower. The stump/mirror seemed to be more constant and the stump/bell wasn't much lower, and ended up bursting higher(only did 1 round of 5 mins each though). I think there are some fights where the heart could come in major handy, such as when big aoe is needed you can use the effect to gain mad haste and throw those seeds like a mofo but I don't think I could use it as a full time trinket. Does anybody have any history using the heart for hasted SoC on fights like magmaw, maloriak, atramedes (h), or maybe even chogal?

For what it's worth, currently 12/12 reg with halfus down heroic (beginning of that fight the heart may be better .. hmm) and starting heroic bwd attempts this week so you know what I'll be up against.
    Last edited by Stingray0011; 2011-03-07 at 04:00 PM.

You should be replacing stump with DMC: Volcano. Then worry about 2nd trinket.

forgot about that one, how does it fair (heh fair, faire .. anyways) compared to the heroic versions of the others?
    dropping the stump puts me at 13.79% hit. atm I have 0 hit enchants and a total of +40 hit from gems and I still have a few haste/mastery items left I could reforge.

Dropping stump I instantly lose 321 hit, reforing mastery into hit (including card) I would get back 273 of it, leaving me 48 under current, 56 shy of cap.

To get technical. the constant 321 mastery would become 193mastery 128 hit and with the ICD of the trinket proc it averages to be ~384 int. The reforge would be necessary to regain hit cap. Now the stump on the other hand, 321 hit and the proc 1926 sp = the same ~384 int as the darkmoon card. The int of the 2 trinkets is virtually the same, the only difference is the stat you sacrifice to get it. I would much rather have the easy way to get hit cap using stump then having to trade it in for mastery and a lil dmg proc. I would also end up losing int as I would have to regem for that extra 56 hit.

I could be wrong, but those are the numbers I come up with. I see it as volcano is better if you don't need the hit from stump, other wise they are the same.

I dropped stump for volcano last night and am now quite a bit under the hit cap (all items reforged for hit), and noticed pretty good results on DPS. I missed maybe one cast during a 3 hour raid.

The thing about Volcano is that it procs all the fricking time, which I think is why it's considered best in slot.

Is it the bonus dmg that procs a lot or the actual trinket proc? Either way I like seeing posts with raid exp using it I may have to look into it a little further.

Quote Originally Posted by Boocifer View Post
    Is it the bonus dmg that procs a lot or the actual trinket proc? Either way I like seeing posts with raid exp using it I may have to look into it a little further.
    You are worried far too much about hit rating. It's not absolutely essential to be capped. The combination of the proc and direct damage are what makes volcano a BiS trinket despite a lower item level than the 372 trinkets it competes with and pairs with. Your best bet is to sim each trinket with your gear set up (see my guide). Volcano is going to be BiS. The decision falls on what to pair it with.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by andromalia View Post
    You are worried far too much about hit rating. It's not absolutely essential to be capped. The combination of the proc and direct damage are what makes volcano a BiS trinket despite a lower item level than the 372 trinkets it competes with and pairs with. Your best bet is to sim each trinket with your gear set up (see my guide). Volcano is going to be BiS. The decision falls on what to pair it with.
    I have a question. I have simcraft, and use it regularly, but I only know how to use it to get my stat weights. How would I sim different trinkets? I'm still fairly new to it.

You can import chardev profiles (see help files in simcraft) or you can simply change the trinket on your import tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can import chardev profiles (see help files in simcraft) or you can simply change the trinket on your import tab.
    Ah, ok. Tyvm.

You are worried far too much about hit rating. It's not absolutely essential to be capped.
    hit rating is pretty important a mishandled miss can be a far higher dps loss then gained, however if u are good at spotting misses then the hit rating is not extremely important. theres an 83% chance to hit without any rating so the odds of missing two dot reapplys are pretty low.

also about the DMC it was a 45 second cd for 1600 int procc with a minor dmg hit(like it really matters just good way to help spot its procc) and it lasts like 15 secs so it really has a 30 second downtime.
    Last edited by figgis; 2011-03-08 at 02:39 PM.

I haven't simmed it myself but I'm willing to bet that not only will affliction be the fotm spec, but DMC: V and Heroic Theralion's Mirror will become BiS. Need to sim each profile. WTB more hours in a day.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine your right but I would play affliction even if it easy a fotm spec I Juat hate desrto and demo

I haven't simmed it myself but I'm willing to bet that not only will affliction be the fotm spec, but DMC: V and Heroic Theralion's Mirror will become BiS. Need to sim each profile. WTB more hours in a day.
    Warlocks don't have 'fotm' specs. If anything, they have 'foth' (h stands for hour) specs; hard hitting conflags: hotfixed within a few hours, Searing Pain execution spam: hotfixed within a few hours.

etc...
    success comes in the form of technical solutions to problems, not appeals to our emotional side