Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Addon for showing if ur pre-potting or not!?

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on MMO Champion's forums, so be aware of my knowledge of my epic English typing skills! ;-)

Anyways, to the topic!

I wonder, is there ANY addon that shows if u pre-potting in a fight, and during a fight? Like, i wanna have a track if all of the dpsers are pre-potting and potting during the fight. Since im kinda sick of telling em to push their dps to max when we lack dps sometimes on some fights!

//Mojo. - Sorry if i didn't make everything clear, hope you guys know what i mean!

Deleted
    If you thinking getting 2 pots instead of 1 in is gonna make the difference between a win and a wipe ur wrong.

My suggestion would be to find an addon that lets you know if your dps are sub par!!!!....../sarcasm

Deleted
    Well, sometimes there is a huge difference in the dps when we are checking the logs.

But i'm not that good to check the logs how they are doin the dps. Since im a Tank, i do pre-pot. But the thing is that i want to see if the dps is pre-potting and during the fight.

Since im kinda tired of the bullshit when people say in their application "im ready with flask, food and pots for every raid!"

So yeah, that's why i wanna see, and maybe have a track if they are pre-potting or not!

Quote Originally Posted by Fourfingers View Post
    If you thinking getting 2 pots instead of 1 in is gonna make the difference between a win and a wipe ur wrong.

My suggestion would be to find an addon that lets you know if your dps are sub par!!!!....../sarcasm
    And for those of us who are even the tiniest bit competent, pre-potting makes a huge difference.

To the OP, I believe this might be what you're looking for: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/potwatch/

Edit: T4j beat me to it.

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys! :-)

just as a sitenote; sounds like youre in charge of the raids, so in case youre not using this addon yet, http://www.wowace.com/addons/raidbuffstatus/ kan speed your raids up abit and will easily show you whos slacking.

Quote Originally Posted by Chiasmus View Post
    And for those of us who are even the tiniest bit competent, pre-potting makes a huge difference.

To the OP, I believe this might be what you're looking for: http://wow.curseforge.com/addons/potwatch/

Edit: T4j beat me to it.
    Exactly. Getting 50 seconds instead of 25 seconds of +1500 of your dps stat is huge.
    In these times of healer mana issues and low boss HP wipes from mana running out (heroic modes, mostly) getting just that little boost of dps/healing/taking less damage for that extra 25 seconds can mean the difference between downing a boss or not.
    Cause if you think that pre-potting doesn't make a difference, "ur" wrong.

Last edited by FattyXP; 2011-03-07 at 12:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luminalol View Post
    Well, sometimes there is a huge difference in the dps when we are checking the logs.

But i'm not that good to check the logs how they are doin the dps. Since im a Tank, i do pre-pot. But the thing is that i want to see if the dps is pre-potting and during the fight.

Since im kinda tired of the bullshit when people say in their application "im ready with flask, food and pots for every raid!"

So yeah, that's why i wanna see, and maybe have a track if they are pre-potting or not!
    erm you got logs and still ask this question???
    it is all in there...

Deleted
    Small question, what do you pre-pot? I mean which kind of pot.

The downside to pre-potting, is that dps tend to go ballistic on the pull, because their precious pots are running. Misdirect + Tricks fade off the tank and splat, a few melee dps are pancakes.

Pre potting is nice to get some extra dps but if there are huge differences like you say then pots are most certainly not the reason.
    If a dps is underperforming then pre-potting won't magically fix it. He will still suck.

Dps need to l2p. That's the single most important thing to do. Getting the rotation right, maximizing globals/resources, handling movement correctly and so on.

Having all your dps watch this will probably help a lot more than pre-potting (if they actually follow the advice).

Deleted
    Its make a difference ofc it does. The OP is implying his telling his dps to push it all the time suggesting all dps in his raid/s are performing below par
    Since im kinda sick of telling em to push their dps to max when we lack dps sometimes on some fights!
    I think u'll agree 1 pot is not gonna make a difference if dps are wrongly geared/gemmed and not knowing there class!

Deleted
    I do not lead, but i tend to help, since im the Main tank in the guild. And we do progress in Heroic modes atm.

And what potion im using? Im using Earthen Potion, which is nice at the start of the fights and during the fights when it's getting hectic and intense. As i said, im not good at logs and that's not my job to keep a track of.

The raidbuffstatus we do use in the guild, but not me using it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Baelzibub View Post
    The downside to pre-potting, is that dps tend to go ballistic on the pull, because their precious pots are running. Misdirect + Tricks fade off the tank and splat, a few melee dps are pancakes.
    Unless you have a good tank that doesn't suck.

on hard modes, it will matter. 1% wipes would have a word with your otherwise.
    BETA CLUB

Quote Originally Posted by yasuo View Post
    Small question, what do you pre-pot? I mean which kind of pot.
    A DPS increasing pot /shrug.

So I suppose 25 people pre-potting won't make 100k damage? Because plenty of times plenty of people including myself have wiped below 100k. I've even gotten as low as 676 health on Ascendant Council before it reset.

Yeah, a pot wouldn't do an extra 676. Oh wait, yeah it would. It's why people do it, tard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

Deleted
    Its make a difference ofc it does. The OP is implying his telling his dps to push it all the time suggesting all dps in his raid/s are performing below par

I think u'll agree 1 pot is not gonna make a difference if dps are wrongly geared/gemmed and not knowing there class!
    It's usually the newcomers in the guild that perform B.A.D, so the majority is 3-4 ppl every raid, doin less dps then they should with their current gear.

And they are doing heroic modes so I highly doubt its a l2p issue, they just need to squeeze out a little more dps/healing/damage reduction to make it through the fights.
    Last edited by Simca; 2011-03-07 at 01:41 PM.