Progressing on Maloriak HC? Got a tip for you!

We had the weirdest maloriak hc kill ever. First of all let me clarify the official tactic we were attempting:

Release 3 adds before black phase (rng-based, sometimes he just doesn't cast it at the beginning) and cleave them down as you kill the vile swirls, then have 6 up for green phase rinse and repeat.

On our kill however we had no 3 adds released, but we _completely_ messed up the interrupting on adds and we ended up with 12 adds up very fast, before the first green phase hit. To counter this we had our pally tank on the boss taunt 1 of the adds at a time to the boss, where the dps nuked it down, we did this with 2 adds, so we had 10 up when green phase hit.

Think our failure stopped there? no. We actually managed to release the remaining 6 adds before the 2nd black phase (don't ask me how we messed up on that..) so we had 6! adds up together with the vile swirls and just cleaved them down while kiting around - and we actually managed to kill them right as the next phase began. (I helped nuking them down as disc by spamming holy nova) This means during the 2nd green phase we had no adds left - we just nuked maloriak down which resulted in a fairly easy phase 2 as well.

Anyone else tried this before? We accidentily found out this works and it wasn't even that hard :P

WoL link for the raid: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-v5arx4lbngdvr5u7/
    Last edited by Chob; 2011-03-07 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added wol link

15+ Year Old Account
    They must have changed something because the Abberations used to add the buff on the Swirls too.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiztence View Post
    They must have changed something because the Abberations used to add the buff on the Swirls too.
    Well I can guarantee you they don't anymore if they ever did We frapsed the kill, I'll add a video of this messup later.

Ya worked the past 2 weeks. We do it a lot. :P

Don't buff the swirls. Confirmed. We do the first tactic