15+ Year Old Account

Is this macro possible?

Hey, is it possible to create a macro that does the following (example for this will be [Hand of Freedom]):

Target = Self -> Cast on self
    Target = Nothing -> Cast on [insert name] (not focus target)
    Target = Enemy -> Cast on [insert name] (not focus target)
    Target = Friendly player -> Cast on [insert name] (not focus target)

Basically, unless I have myself targeted, I want it cast on the player's name I set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like it would work, i'm no macro genius or anything, might need a second opinion.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

15+ Year Old Account
    That's not a list of commands, that's just a (hopefully) detailed description of what I would like my macro to be able to do.

I'm hoping to find out if the macro is possible and, if so, how to make it/ something nice to copy+paste.

Deleted
    You can't check for whether your current target is yourself in a macro.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is it wouldn't work, because it would be an ''if'' macro, and those don't work.

Basicly you want the macro to HoF someone, IF you have a target, hostile or not, else cast it on yourself. This can't be macroed.
    There might be some macro-voodoo-player that's better at macro's and could prove me wrong by providing you a macro that does exactly what you want, but IIRC, your idea just can't happen.

Edit: Just a tad too late =/, there's your macro-voodoo-(wo)man
    What? Why? When? Who? Which? How? Wait...
    Havoc Demon Hunter
    Quote Originally Posted by Monolith of Mazes View Post
    Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn! The thick plottens.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    You can't check for whether your current target is yourself in a macro.
    Couldn't you start with the checks for other people (nothing/enemy/friendly), then do a conditional /stopmacro based on the same criteria and afterwards simply /cast it on yourself? Might turn out to take up too much space, though.

I think that the only option is to made two macro like this
    #showtooltip Hand of Freedom
    /target Dedalus
    /cast Hand of Freedom
    and
    #showtooltip Hand of Freedom
    /target Ultima
    /cast Hand of Freedom

Two Solutions

1. Use a modifier
    #showtooltip
    /cast [mod:ALT,@player][@NAME] Hand of Freedom

2. Assume friendly is the correct target (works for 2s Arena with no pets)
    #showtooltip
    /cast [help][@NAME] Hand of Freedom

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do what you want, as I don't believe there is a macro conditional to check if your target is yourself. (You can check if your target is a friend, but if you target yourself, you are also considered a friend.) I think your only option is to use a modifier key.

A list of conditionals can be found here: http://www.wowpedia.org/Making_a_macro#Conditionals

So, something like this:

/cast [@player,mod:shift][@PlayerName]Spell Name

That will cast on the specified player (who needs to be in your group) unless you hold down shift, in which case it will cast on yourself.

If that absolutely won't work for you, there is one more thing you can try, but it's horribly convoluted, and will still require you to use a hotkey to swap between self cast vs other player cast. (You can basically set up a fake "stance" using action bar paging that you can move between to change your casting.)

To do this, you'll need to have a free action bar where you can duplicate your main action bar. Then, you set up keybinds for those particular pages. (So, for example F1 for page one, and F2 for page two.)

/cast [@player,actionbar:2][@PlayerName]Spell Name

Now, when your main action bar is on any page but page 2, it will cast on the specified player. When it's on page 2, it will cast on yourself. So, you can basically use F1 and F2 to swap between your desired target for the spell without actually changing your selected target.

Get heal bot and use your mouse buttons via healbot to freedom team mates
    Ex: mouse wheel up on Healbot mouseover (put freedom on mouse wheel up)
    Me and my 3s partner were having a discussion about that earlier today. it saves alot of Keybinds and it can be faster