15+ Year Old Account

HC Maloriak Help for New Demo Lock

Hey Folks,

Recently I've respecced for HC Maloriak to Demonology. I was wondering if people could check out, below, whether what they think I'm doing is right/wrong/could be modified.

Last run I didn't immolate any of adds, I think this could be a mistake from the couple of videos I've watched but I'm still not sure. I also didn't use hand of Gul'dan on any of the add phases, once again I'm not sure if I'm making a mistake by doing this:

1. Immolate the 5 adds
    2. Demon Soul
    3. Metamorphis
    4. Demon leap
    5. Felstorm
    6. Immolation aura
    7. Shadowflame
    8. Hellfire

Then go between Hellfire and Shadowflame. (Saving infernal for other add phase). I also think it's possible to pop off another immolation aura but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help.

I'll find a vid of my first time playing demo lock and upload asap.

Thanks again

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 04:06 AM ----------

I just checked some guys who's top on world of logs, and it seems he doesn't use Hand of Gul'dan on adds and, between three players there's 4 hits of immolate on the adds, so maybe it's better not to dot them up?

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 04:13 AM ----------

Link to the top demo dps'er on World of Logs currently http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=2927&e=3510

---------- Post added 2011-03-09 at 04:45 AM ----------

Here's a recoding, obviously I'm now aware to alot of the errors I was making!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjgRbyiIJmw
    Last edited by Ekkoeu; 2011-03-09 at 04:46 AM.

Since your constantly moving dont waste time on immolate during goo. on the first and third goo pop meta and demon soul (felguard) put down a HoG let you pet lolstorm while you move with Immo aura and hellfire rinse and repeat. Use your inferno for the first green phase.

First, don't take logs too seriously, the lower amount of AoE specs in your raid, the higher your dps will be.

Second, don't use HoG if you have roots/stun talented, that will make swills just attack anyone besides the tank.

Yes, having immolate running in all five adds IS a dps gain.

You can use felstorm just right at the pull and it will be ready again for swills (you can felstorm twice per swills).

Remember to dot (immolate/coa) as much adds as you can when green phase is going to happen in the next 10s~.

Use infernal on second green phase, at least for my guild, we have to stop DPS completely on the boss for almost 40s~, so having a infernal dpsing the boss after 1st green phase will just make us stop dps earlier...so using it on the 2nd green phase is better since from there it is pretty much a dps race.

What i do.

Wait until 3-rd add to pop up.
    Demon Soul
    Than target 1-st: Immo +tab to apply immo on much adds at possible.
    Meta
    Immolation
    Roflstorm
    I always open with shadowflame
    Hellfire
    then just repeat shadowflame and hellfire
    Dont forget to put corruption to 2+ adds at the mid phase (keep DI buff on your buddy)

Might not be good idea but consider not prepoting but using Potion just before yur first shadowflame. gonna help with adds but gonna be bad for you at the last phase.
    Positioning: if you try to stay left or right side.. i think you missing some of the adds.. i personaly trying to stay 2-3 yard ahead of the tanks dircetion...almost walking together with tank... ofc you need coordination with him.

on 25 man i do about 3 mil on 1-st dark phase without infernal.Trying to keep the Infernal for the second.
    Just think how you can manage your CD's
    On 10 man no idea...

BTW i am not using HoG , ersonaly i think it is loosing time.. cuz adds are moving fast enough. and yes i dont use Demon Leap cuz we dont like to stun them.Only tank stuns them when he believe it is OK.

Hope that helped.
    Borovinkata , TaHrA , Kazzak - EU

The Vile Swills, if you are just looking to boost your DPS numerically, are irrelevant. What you want to do is pop meta, shadowflame, immo aura and hellfire the aberrations during green phase. That's where you go crazy modes and spike to 100k++ for a few seconds dps to skew the numbers for the rest of the fight, and that's what the demo locks who rank the highest are doing.

Long story short: I wouldn't care too much about DPS rankings, they should be popping meta during dark phase and getting them down and they probably aren't. Probably you should preferrably dps swills from a distance, since hellfire makes spotting Dark Sludge really obnoxious to spot, not just for you.

So yeah, I'd think less about ranking since it just causes problems but if that's not an issue then knock yourself out.
    Have you ever wondered about if your mom ever kissed you goodnight after giving your dad a blowjob?

You are now.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey there, I killed Malo hc two times as demo - there are few ideas I'd like to share...

- Demon Leap is waste of GCD - as fight starts, you can get into position while moving during casting corruption, BoD and refreshing corruption - by the time Slimes begin to spawn, you're near that area...

Place Soulwell near stairs right before the pull - that allows you and your raid to eat HS during first dark phase and get new one for that burn phase...

1) Immolate - I put immolate on like three Slimes (just to wait for all five to show) + I have my /petattack bound to Immolate (once I Felstormed Maloriak instead of adds )
    2) Once they are grouped, pop Meta, cooldowns, Immolation aura, Shadowflame, Felstorm, Hellfire
    3) Reaply Shadowflame before each Hellfire, Felstorm on CD
    4) You can pop another Immolation aura at the end of Meta (for four sec) - I do that if not chaneling Hellfire

5) Adds are down and now it depends on RNG how quickly is your Meta ready again - you want it to be ready 20 sec before green phase (for me it's ready 4/5 pulls) - if it's ready pop it - this way you would be in Meta for green phase and it's cooldown resets in middle of next dark phase - you'll use it immediately and you will have it's CD ready for next green phase

I presume there are more adds on 25 man? It's just there's maybe 5 or 6 slimes on 10 man and I feel I'm taking too much damage in relation to the damage I actually do. I do 25k or so on the first adds but due to multidotting alone our moonkin usually does more (before the green phase anyway) and takes 0 damage.

I'm wondering whether I should even be sat in melee range at all - those puddles are very hard to see when hellfiring.

Oh and by the way, I usually have my meta back up on the end of the first phase after the dark phase. Then comes the next phase (red/blue), then the green phase. I usually just save it for the green phase but I guess I need to experiment a little bit. Put it this way, we'd have to stop on Maloriak anyway to get both green phases so my damage on him isn't so important. As long as I have meta ready for the green phases that's all that really matters pre-execute.

I tend to put CoE on all the adds before I start aoeing. Our moonkin dots them all up and doesn't really apply E&M so I would say this is worth more dps than tabbing immolate, but I'm not 100% sure on this. If I use the EJ 359 profile, Immolate has about 28535 DPET hard casted, whereas corruption has 27015. I think it works out at about 1200 extra dps if CoE is up (taking into account shadowflame ticks) which will also benefit the moonkin dots massively. I also wouldn't recommend HoG because surely if you're constantly moving it will get left behind? It has a range right?
    Last edited by Jenerena; 2011-03-09 at 02:56 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thank you for your help guys, here's my guilds' best attempt from last night. Any advice on how I or my guild could can improve would be appreciated:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuI8o1RgMvQ
    Last edited by Ekkoeu; 2011-03-10 at 04:32 AM. Reason: spelling

turn down your graphics setting if you're having trouble seeing the slime, usually works.

If you're having problems with the Abberations use your infernal. The impact alone does ridiculous damage, and the infernal also has an immolation aura.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Shall I use the infernal straight when the green phase pops/Meta is on CD for one of the other phases? Thanks

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 04:34 AM ----------

I tried turning down projected objects or something but it's still pretty hard. I'm also worried about not being in range to hellfire so sometimes I'll accidently find myself in slimes

If you're struggling with green adds, as soon as maloriak lands on them> Pop Potion, Pop Meta, [if you can get a power infusion at this point, do so], then use infernal, shadowflame, hellfire, felstorm.

You can HoG the adds before maloriak jumps over if you want, this will give you felguard's storm higher crit. It shouldnt cause them to melee people either, tanks will be on top of the adds with high enough threat.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KassieDS View Post
    If you're struggling with green adds, as soon as maloriak lands on them> Pop Potion, Pop Meta, [if you can get a power infusion at this point, do so], then use infernal, shadowflame, hellfire, felstorm.

You can HoG the adds before maloriak jumps over if you want, this will give you felguard's storm higher crit. It shouldnt cause them to melee people either, tanks will be on top of the adds with high enough threat.
    Our mage has the Power Infusion :P . I tried things today and things went well; it's just hard to remember to activate everything and in the correct order at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZzXK View Post
    Since your constantly moving dont waste time on immolate during goo. on the first and third goo pop meta and demon soul (felguard) put down a HoG let you pet lolstorm while you move with Immo aura and hellfire rinse and repeat. Use your inferno for the first green phase.
    immo will be a large chunk of dmg it isnt a bad choice really moonkins/demo locks are always top meters

Is it worth using the Heart trinket for the burst aoe? Only thing is I would lose 1.5% hit by dropping stump.