Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Class idea's made somewhat real : Ranger

Hey guys, these are just a sort of " Series " of threads i'm going to begin making, going more indepth with each of the more popular suggestions, so far in the Queue : Ranger, Demon hunter

Ranger

Lore: When the " Expansion name " Struck / " main boss of expansion name " Emerged, the Neutral elves, the Quel'Dorei, and High elves have decided it is time for them to teach other races, Blood Elves , Night elves, Humans, Undead, Dwarf, Goblin, Worgen, Orc, Dreanei , and trolls, the Art of the Ranger, a new breed of class, specializing not only in ranged attacks, but close up melee strikes, With their lightning reflexes, rangers well may be, a * Thunder crash* Hero class

Resource Energy, with a pool of 110 to start

Specs Archer : Specializing in ranged attacks, Archers typically stay further away than their enemys, While sometimes charging in for the final blow ( More abilitys + talent stuff later
    Blademaster: Specializing in quick movements, these mostly melee opponents, preforming feats of acrobatics to get in shots with their bows
    * Haven't worked out a third spec yet *
    Abilities Spray shot : Loads up bow with multiple arrows, spinning around whilst shooting them, AoE radius effect, costs 50 energy, 30 sec CD, Moderate damage, Is an AoE
    Hook Shot : Attaching a line to their arrow, the ranger shoots the enemy for X damage, then pulls themself in ( Lifegrip/ feral cat punce style ) to strike with their blade for XX damage 1min CD
    Whiplash : Whips a targets ankle, doing X damage and pulling the target in ( death grip style ) Not usable against players
    Falcon strike : The Ranger jumps into the air, coming down hard with a quick strike for XX damage plus X damage ( bleed ) every 2 seconds 8 sec CD
    Cryo- Shot: Using special frozen arrows, the ranger slows the target by 30%, 30 sec CD
    Sprint : Sprint ( i know i know, rogues already have it, but, why wouldn't a ranger ) Cannot use any ranged attack except for Hook shot while sprinting
    Blade Arc : With a long, flowing swing the Ranger hits up to 3 nearby targets , for XXX damage 20 sec CD
    Quick shot : Shoot your enemy for X Damage, modified by AP
    Bladed net : *** Special *** When not in melee range, will root the target for2 seconds, and do X Damage, when in melee range , applys a bleed, X damage every 5 seconds for 30 seconds, and does XX damage
    More will be added to this post, for now, i'm going to play some wow xD

Deleted
    You mean a hunter without a pet?

Not going to happen.

Third spec: TANK!!
    We need tanks!!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Hey guys, these are just a sort of " Series " of threads i'm going to begin making, going more indepth with each of the more popular suggestions, so far in the Queue : Ranger, Demon hunter

Ranger

Lore: When the " Expansion name " Struck / " main boss of expansion name " Emerged, the Neutral elves, the Quel'Dorei, and High elves have decided it is time for them to teach other races, Blood Elves , Night elves, Humans, Undead, Dwarf, Goblin, Worgen, Orc, Dreanei , and trolls, the Art of the Ranger, a new breed of class, specializing not only in ranged attacks, but close up melee strikes, With their lightning reflexes, rangers well may be, a * Thunder crash* Hero class

Resource Energy, with a pool of 110 to start

Specs Archer : Specializing in ranged attacks, Archers typically stay further away than their enemys, While sometimes charging in for the final blow ( More abilitys + talent stuff later
    Blademaster: Specializing in quick movements, these mostly melee opponents, preforming feats of acrobatics to get in shots with their bows
    * Haven't worked out a third spec yet *
    Abilities Spray shot : Loads up bow with multiple arrows, spinning around whilst shooting them, AoE radius effect, costs 50 energy, 30 sec CD, Moderate damage, Is an AoE
    Hook Shot : Attaching a line to their arrow, the ranger shoots the enemy for X damage, then pulls themself in ( Lifegrip/ feral cat punce style ) to strike with their blade for XX damage 1min CD
    Whiplash : Whips a targets ankle, doing X damage and pulling the target in ( death grip style ) Not usable against players
    Falcon strike : The Ranger jumps into the air, coming down hard with a quick strike for XX damage plus X damage ( bleed ) every 2 seconds 8 sec CD
    Cryo- Shot: Using special frozen arrows, the ranger slows the target by 30%, 30 sec CD
    Sprint : Sprint ( i know i know, rogues already have it, but, why wouldn't a ranger ) Cannot use any ranged attack except for Hook shot while sprinting
    Blade Arc : With a long, flowing swing the Ranger hits up to 3 nearby targets , for XXX damage 20 sec CD
    Quick shot : Shoot your enemy for X Damage, modified by AP
    Bladed net : *** Special *** When not in melee range, will root the target for2 seconds, and do X Damage, when in melee range , applys a bleed, X damage every 5 seconds for 30 seconds, and does XX damage
    More will be added to this post, for now, i'm going to play some wow xD
    Who the hell are "neutral elves"? And a quel'dorei IS a high elf.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    There honestly isn't enough to make them any different from Hunters.

nah its a hunter class for me.. if they would implant a class of bow and guns i would say demonhunter/dark ranger. they seem a bit more intresting
    lets say a dark ranger that use mechanic of a mage. blink to another point, uses dark magic on the arrows. makes the arrow smoke visual to the hit target. and mabye a finishing move where the ranger blinks to the target and kill it with the sword/ wepon.

that would be cool if you ask me

15+ Year Old Account
    sounds like a failed attempt to copy the Ranger Soul from RIFT Honestly, and blizzard would unlikely add a new class, due to it actually requiring effort to actually make something good for the game. Effort left sometime after Ulduar
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.

A general rule is to never invent spells/abilities/talents. Nine out of 10 times all player-made talents sound like shit. Just as 99% of all player made balance when creating ideas for new classes/abilities etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by brettf05 View Post
    We need tanks!!
    Actually, a ranged tank sounds interesting. Like, have a 'copy' of you in the area where you would put the boss, but you take all the damage it takes, and tank while at a range.

I basically described a hunter using his pet to tank...

But yeah. General idea. I like the thought of a ranged tank.

well i'm not very interested in a new class, mainly because a new class require nearly a year to become balanced; but we consider all the current class available the only ranged dps that use a weapon and do physical damage is the Hunter, the other ranged are all casters and there is already enought melee, tanks and healer; I think that if Blizzard come up with a new class they need to cover that spot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post

Ranger

Lore: When the " Expansion name " Struck / " main boss of expansion name " Emerged, the Neutral elves, the Quel'Dorei, and High elves have decided it is time for them to teach other races, Blood Elves , Night elves, Humans, Undead, Dwarf, Goblin, Worgen, Orc, Dreanei , and trolls, the Art of the Ranger, a new breed of class, specializing not only in ranged attacks, but close up melee strikes, With their lightning reflexes, rangers well may be, a * Thunder crash* Hero class[/SIZE]
    Your lore need some work. there are only 3 elves. High, Blood and Night. and Blood elves have lots of rangers....there have there own sub faction called Farstriders. Quel = High. and for the night elven Sentenal army (missed spelled) might be rangers or ranger like too. But I do like the class idea...the only other problem is a personal reason that I would want my hunter to be a ranger........haha.

PS: I would like to here the Demon Hunter Idea. I think it could have a ranger like spec added to it....just a thought.

Ranger class which has to be in melee for soem reason, should be a nice class. But I am more looking forward for healer class without mana at all.

Deleted
    Healers without mana or something similiar won't happen. Healers have to be able to run out of mana: you could however have a mana or mana-like resource bundled with runes or energy or whatnot.

Personally I believe a ranger might be fine, just make him considerably more melee than hunter to not make him feel like a petless hunter. One spec can be an archer though. I'd also give the class a dual wield tank spec - almost strictly melee though.

What I still want though is a caster with rune mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    A : Lore issues : I thought of the lore in about 2 seconds, just so i had something to put there
    B: Class no wanters : Because im making this, you seem to think that i really want a new class, personally, i don't care if they make new ones, its just fun to toy around a bit
    C: A lot like a rift class apparently : Never played rift, prolly won't because of the monthly, but it wasn't my intention to copy that,
    I'm making this simply for fun, not because i want this class, but because others do, and maybe they would like to see it Eh?

I'm probably going to add more melee abilitys, make the archer class closer range than hunters ( sounds weird i know ) and have the Third class a DW tank OR Medic type class, as per the requests of A. Tank with DW B. Healer no mana

10+ Year Old Account
    lolguizihazagudidea
    How about a Necromancer, it would be able to cast shadow spells, and it's alot like a warlock, but trust me it's NOT a warlock. oh what's that, lore? ummm, well there's some remaining scourge that want to teach peepul how to do necromancer stuff. IS IT A GUD IDEA?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelica View Post
    nah its a hunter class for me.. if they would implant a class of bow and guns i would say demonhunter/dark ranger. they seem a bit more intresting
    lets say a dark ranger that use mechanic of a mage. blink to another point, uses dark magic on the arrows. makes the arrow smoke visual to the hit target. and mabye a finishing move where the ranger blinks to the target and kill it with the sword/ wepon.

that would be cool if you ask me
    That would be cool. I'd actually love a hunter without a pet. I don't like dealing with pets and that has put me off of playing hunter. =/
    When I think about trees
    I hug myself

a class like a hunter, just without pet!
    wont happen, a class has to be totally unique from the others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Someone's been playing too much Rift

I think it's kind of a cool idea if you take away the pet & traps and combine with some rogue abilities. Some sort of rogue/hunter hybrid. Maybe make the 3rd tree a thrown weapon spec, like spears or axes from Warcraft II and Warcraft III.

Quote Originally Posted by brettf05 View Post
    We need tanks!!
    We don't need more tanking classes just people to play them, if every class had a tank heals and dps spec then we would still have the same amount of tanks and heals if people wanted to tank they would roll one.