Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    oh how i knew some 1 would reply with this

Gaming is a source of entertainment and or is a hobby to some people. I guess you could say so is drugs. But then your considering which one of the 2 actually causes more deaths and is illegal in the majority of the world.
    You clearly haven't smoked pot yet. Oh, it won't kill you either.

Alcohol, cigarettes, and harddrugs like Cocaine, heroine etc. now that's something else.

15+ Year Old Account
    Because "Fight the power maaaaaaan"

But seriously, I tend to ignore it... and I even live in The Netherlands where some kids constantly talk about it in real life.... thank heavens my brains have an irl ignore "button" for that too... he he.

But yes it's mostly "cool" kids needing attention to look "cool" because drugs n such = "Cool". The solution; Ignore it.

It is a process in the human brain that happens to anyone when they think they are a "Special snowflake" they want attention. They want the world to know how "Special" they are.

Let it be bragging about their marriage... (I'm guilty of that sometimes...) Engagement, relationship, friends, alcohol, weight, etc. etc. Once they have something to brag about, they will do it even if it's bad for their own health. Because it's still "Special" or "Cool".
    Last edited by Shakul; 2011-03-10 at 12:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirelurk View Post
    because they are high?

I don't come out and tell people, if I'm in a dungeon and someone says whats up though or asks what people are doing, I'll say about to smoke bong if I am. It's not really a big deal.

To each their own.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xyanide View Post
    You are aware that we're talking about weed here, correct?
    >causes more deaths
    yes im very aware. Weed can cause death, not that its overly common but i'm talking smoking and drinking/ binge drinking as well. For drinking i can see it as a good way to celibrate with friends and stuff, But in my eyes all 3 of them (drugs) drinking, smoking all money hungry bastards that only deteriorate your money and decrease your funtion of body systems and organs and cause a lot more deaths then gaming (if gaming does). Tried drinking thought alcohol tatsed like crap never again. WILL NEVER go near cigs/drugs

Deleted
    has nothing to do with them smoking weed and your generalization makes me think you are in dire need of some horizon-broadening yourself.
    would never advocate drug use of course, just saying.

Why do people with children always mention their little brats (unless they're single mothers trying to spring it on an unsuspecting guy after six or seven dates)? Why do recently-engaged people say the word fiancee at every opportunity they can? Why do fat girls with huge boobs always talk about their boobs?

It's all for the same reason... People brag about things that they think set them apart.
    quoted for the truth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just throwing this post of mine out here in case people start throwing lies and myths around like they usually do in cannabis-related threads:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post10576921
    "After dealing with about 10 000 patients over the last 15 years, I would say that over 200 different medical conditions respond favorably to cannabis."
    - The late Dr. Tod Mikuriya, MD, interview in The Union: The business behind getting high
    Former national administrator of the U.S. Government's marijuana research programs
    http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/home

I think i just saw this thread on /b/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    More people have died from WoW than weed, brah. You saying MMORPGs should be illegal?

Also, inb4 lolstoneddrivers. I'm talking deaths caused purely by smoking too much, or at all.
    If you'd inhale so much weed smoke that you died, that'd be a real feat so don't compare the two.
    Gaming has not caused deaths by the way, the act of playing the game doesn't kill, it's the addiction to the useage.

Do you understand that point right there?

Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people!

The regular weak, and seriously questionable logic of pro-weeders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Led ++ View Post
    You clearly haven't smoked pot yet. Oh, it won't kill you either.

Alcohol, cigarettes, and harddrugs like Cocaine, heroine etc. now that's something else.
    i don't want to smoke pot, and like i said in my recent post, its not overly common but it does happen

Deleted
    Weed smokers feel the constant need to tell you why they smoke for the same reason drinkers tell you what they drank and how drunk they were.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    I don't think such a mild painkiller leaves you at any risk of becoming addicted.

Only things that require a prescription have the risk of causing addiction, in most cases anyhow. But the addiction of painkillers is in the morphine in them, aka the really strong pills. Other reasons are anti-depresants that cause an addiction due to your emotional state, you want to feel better more and more so it becomes an addiction.
    I've taken medicins for both reasons, painkillers and anti-depresants, so I'm well versed in the dangers. Some of them are just so relieving to take I can understand that people can get addicted to it.
    Uhm, you do realize that overdosing on ibuprofen is a really really really bad idea, right?

Despite being a non-prescription over-the-counter painkiller it can seriously harm your body (and yes, kill you).

10+ Year Old Account
    I use to warn people in Starcraft (Original) when I was stoned cause I use to smoke back then, luckily I'm not a retard now and realize that weed is just stupid if you need to get high to enjoy life then what's the point?

I drink yes, a lot some might say, I just do not tell anyone.
    Oh and I drink cause I know there is no hope and it numbs the pain of knowing that truth. Thank you and have a good day.
    "True knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing"
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "wise men speak because they have something to say; fools speak because they have to say something"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by crackleslap View Post
    yes im very aware. Weed can cause death, not that its overly common but i'm talking smoking and drinking/ binge drinking as well. For drinking i can see it as a good way to celibrate with friends and stuff, But in my eyes all 3 of them (drugs) drinking, smoking all money hungry bastards that only deteriorate your money and decrease your funtion of body systems and organs and cause a lot more deaths then gaming (if gaming does). Tried drinking thought alcohol tatsed like crap never again. WILL NEVER go near cigs/drugs
    Well this is true. A lot of people drink alcohol, but in a percentage it's not many of them that commit crimes in relation to how many that drink it.

But don't expect to get any decent reasoning and logic out of the pro-weeders my friend, most of them are just out to justify their addiction and bad habbit.

There are exceptions, as there are for any cause, of people who are intelligent and can argue properly, but those people are exceptional and normal citizens.

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 01:30 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PreventerWind View Post
    I use to warn people in Starcraft (Original) when I was stoned cause I use to smoke back then, luckily I'm not a retard now and realize that weed is just stupid if you need to get high to enjoy life then what's the point?

Oh and I drink cause I know there is no hope and it numbs the pain of knowing that truth. Thank you and have a good day.
    /brofist
    Not many people can be honest like that.

i think you'll find those are the people that smoke weed because they think it's cool and hip and they are sticking it to the man!!

not everyone that smokes weed is so vocal about it, in fact a lot of longer term users that smoke it because they enjoy it, will keep very quiet about it to ensure their long term illegal activity is not picked up on. i've kept my pot smoking a secret from many many many people over the years as it's not something i wish to advertise, only the teenage "cool club" kids will act like you suggest OP. i can only freely admit it here thanks to the anonymity of the internet

edit: to the poster above, hi, i'm the exception you are talking about and i'd actually put that down to the fact i do not drink - alcohol + marajuana = bad. dont mix your drugs kids, you'll only fuck yourselves up.

2nd edit: btw moderation is the key to a long healthy life, you can do whatever the fuck you like to yourself as long as you dont overdo it.
    Last edited by smokii; 2011-03-10 at 12:37 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SLhyphy View Post
    I don't come out and tell people, if I'm in a dungeon and someone says whats up though or asks what people are doing, I'll say about to smoke bong if I am. It's not really a big deal.

To each their own.
    yep exactly.
    also hitting a bong does almost take as much time as writing " brb i´m smoking weed", so no need to shove it in everyones face, it´s not their business either.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wizards Hat View Post
    Guns don't kill people, people with guns kill people!
    you can use a gun to kill someone easily though. Put it into the hands of a child and without knowing what it helds in its hands it would be able to use the gun for hurting someone. you would need some seriously compressed hash to beat someone to death.

i dont see any absence of logic here. but a lot of stuck up people with a bias against weed apparently :-)

My guess is that they are trying to let everyone know that they are not the geek stereotype of a gamer... (hey look at me I smoke pot/ I drink lots of beer)

Well a lot of people, including me, tell people when I'm going to grab a cup of coffee. You could easily argue that it's the same thing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PreventerWind View Post
    luckily I'm not a retard now and realize that weed is just stupid if you need to get high to enjoy life then what's the point?
    alcohol may lead to severe cases of hypocrisy! true story.

I am absolutely amazed that some people actually think weed can kill you..
    Weed bad, alcohol ok/good, when did it all go so wrong =)