Thread: Prot nerf inc?

Prot nerf inc?

So with the changes to WOG and Grand Crusader should we be expecting a nerf?

Reason being, prot is in a good place as it is, WOG cd will bring more damage because of not being able to spam WOG on yourself so we will use it on SOR. Which i personally don't have threat issues now so adding 2 SOR between WOG will generate a ton of threat so we will maybe have issues with tank switches.

Also with the added SOR and possibly INQ will be able to get used as prot on a higher level we will be doing way more damage than other tanks.

So do you think that we should be expecting a nerf after patch 4.1 drops?

10+ Year Old Account
    The only reason you'd have a problem with tank switches is if you're not paying attention.
    If you're about to surpass the other tank in threat, stop your rotation. It's that simple.

Deleted
    I wish they would nerf the damage and increase the threat modifier on Avenger's Shield.

That shit hits too hard in pvp for a melee class.

the only times i do have tank switching issues is with a less geared tank, this was in wrath also i would always have to either cancel attack and just stand there o just auto attack.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think in this game you should always expect nerfs lol (or balancing, whichever you choose to call it). Apparently blizzard feels that paladins need additional changes at this point. We also may never actually see this come off the ptr.

They may be making the change to increase solo prot dps outside of dungeons/raids. I ran prot/holy for a couple months after cataclysm came out and switched to ret/holy because I felt that it took forever to do dailies in prot (yes I could live forever, but damage just felt too low).

I just recently switched back to prot/holy so that I could solo old content for fun. I still notice that dps seems low, though this could be due to my relatively low level prot gear. I'm not entirely sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucows View Post
    I ran prot/holy for a couple months after cataclysm came out and switched to ret/holy because I felt that it took forever to do dailies in prot (yes I could live forever, but damage just felt too low).
    No amount of single target damage will trump what a tank spec can do while questing. In TB, for example, I tend to do my dailies at 3AM server time since I have to leave for work at 4AM and there's rarely more than one or two people there. If nobody else is in the area I can pull all 14 mobs for "Not The Friendliest Town" in one pull and end with near full health.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Abb View Post
    I wish they would nerf the damage and increase the threat modifier on Avenger's Shield.

That shit hits too hard in pvp for a melee class.
    And I'd prefer a better toolkit so prot wouldn't have to use a multi-target attack with a silence effect as part of its core rotation, even if it had a longer CD. That silence effect alone means its worth keeping for situational use in many cases.

EJL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    And I'd prefer a better toolkit so prot wouldn't have to use a multi-target attack with a silence effect as part of its core rotation, even if it had a longer CD. That silence effect alone means its worth keeping for situational use in many cases.

EJL
    Glyph of Focused Shield. It's been around for quite some time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post

EJL
    What Atrea said. There's only a few fights where it's useful to have it bounce, which you can then easily just switch around a single Glyph for.

EDIT: However, I agree it's very useful in 5-man heroics, though at this point(and with Rebuke) it's not really necessary to silence-lock casters in packs.