Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    once you reach 25% and switch to drain soul, do you :

- shadowbolt instant if it procs or let it go
    - reapply doom if the target will die in like 20 sec or agony?
    - haunt every CD or wait 12 sec instead of 8 ?
    1) Don't use the shadow bolt proc immediately. You should be timing it after a tick of drain soul, and also using it to refresh SE which can sometimes be tricky to keep up for a whole execute phase without throwing in an extra hard cast of a shadow bolt.
    2) Agony in this case.
    3) Again, should be using haunt to refresh SE. If this drops off you've failed and your dps will be below par, so use it on cd PREFERABLY after a tick of DS.

Quote Originally Posted by Morggane View Post
    thanks all. Quartz worked well. Disabled LUI's castbar and the annoying buffs sticking with the quartz bar with /quartz buffs toggle

Very helpful and quick answers !
    Not sure if it's been said yet(since I'm too lazy to look through the rest of the posts) but quartz isn't and end-all be-all timer for Drain Soul. The lines that appear on the castbar when you are channeling DS only show you when they would deal damage if you have 0% haste, and doesn't update itself when you start getting more and more haste, and therefore is not a perfect add-on for DS timing. It also has not been updated on Curse in quite some time and even the updated one still has Drain Life ticking 5 times and it's base ticks are only 3.

I recommend getting DrainSoulTimer from www.wowinterface.com (http://www.wowinterface.com/download...SoulTimer.html)

What this one does it will play a sound when DS deals damage, as well as give you a light blue raidwarning when it does.

Edit: I read the rest of the posts after the one I quoted. Doh
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

personally i use button timers, i have mine set up nicely below my toon and it even shows the tick timers ive tried xforte and other addons, but i find button timers is the most efficient and usually ill get a nightfall proc by time i need to refresh haunt so ill pop an instant sb then

For those fretting over drain soul castbar ticks, use Gnosis. It's perfect for it, and shows latency between ticks, and the tick points change if you get pushback.
    Colour my life with the chaos of trouble.

well, DST is working well. the sound is not to annoying !

execue phase just became a bit harder with all these tips tho ! (practicing on a dummy as we speak)

can't really get more than 3 ticks of DS before refreshin something or am i doing somethin wrong ?

i'm still very nooblet as aff (as a warlock as a whole) ans was completely forgetting to refresh SE below 25%

that alone complicate things a bit !

merci encore !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizeth View Post
    Glad you're enjoying affliction! It's a great spec, and it'll be getting a little bit of a buff with the coming patch, too. As for your questions:

- Your Nightfall procs, if they line up with dots being refreshed, are great to use but I wouldn't cancel your DS channel for them. If you're the *only* one providing the crit (brainfart, it's totally not SP!) debuff, this would change - but since that's highly unlikely..
    - Agony if it's about to die in 20-30 seconds, yes.
    - And haunt on every CD. IIRC it still has a travel time, so if you refresh it after the CD comes up (I wait for a tick of DS and then cast) it should get there on time and you won't have to worry about it falling off for a second or two.
    This looks about right. I would recommend also getting a cast bar addon or something that allows you to track when your drain soul ticks. This will be very helpful in allowing you to refresh your bane/haunt while channeling better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fortexorcist is a great dot tracker which also shows ticks.
    Drainsoultimer is great for tracking drainsoul ticks and the sound it plays makes me happy.

Also track your trinket proccs (power auras is good for that) and refresh your dots when they procc. You dont need to recast-fresh them though, corruption updates with haunt and drain life, whereas you can update unstable affliction with fel flame (or drainsoul below 25%).
    "You're messing with my zen thing, man!"