[TV] Why I hate American Idol even more now

Adam Lambert. Well, I think I should get into details more. I actually like the guy a lot, he challenged just about every standard they had on that show and is easily the most recognizable face from that show. What he did was awesome, no matter how over the top he acted and dressed. But his legacy is what bothers me. I normally would watch a few episodes each season just because I like watching some talented people, hopefully seeing them before they could possibly make it big.

But dear god man, it's terrible now! It seems like every single contestant is trying to be Adam Lambert's scream for every fucking second of their songs. And they get endless praise from that pathetic judge panel for screaming 50% of a song's length. It's terrible. Then we get this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GSEmUukonE

Oh my goodness, she can sing and she doesn't need to scream high-pitched notes the whole damn song to show it! Oh, except the judge response is "it was boring to me". /rant

TBH, today's entertainment industry is looking for more than just a pretty voice. It was boring. Perhaps these Adam Lamberts are getting praise since they're interesting to watch and listen to?

They're what's boring. Screaming for half a song isn't good, nor is it entertaining. What he did was add some flair to a song that gave it that little "umph" to put him above the rest of the competition. He didn't belt out at the top of his lungs an entire song like these clowns do this year.

1st: I hate American Idol
    2nd: That song had a very "down" tone, it was depressing and boring.

Jesus merciful Christ, what is up with those notes she hits while she sings the word 'Blue'? I'm not familiar with the song, so I dunno if it's supposed to be sung like that, but it sounds terrible. Not surprising that people didn't like the performance.

But I totally agree with you about all the over-top-vocals that are prominent in popular music. It really feels like they're overplaying; like if a drummer played a huge fill every bar or a guitarist just sweep picked for an entire song.

With auto-tune in full force, it's not about talent. It's about finding a marketable face & persona.

Look up "LeAnne Rimes Blue" on youtube to see the original version. It's a sort of... Yodel style in the song and it's meant to be that way. And this year I've only seen one or maybe two people that do the over the top 'Adam Lambert' screaming stuff. My only problem with this season is there's too many great singers xD But hey, that's my opinion

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to be a musician, learn to write music. American Idol is for losers, seriously.