Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Frog's legs. It tasted like chicken. (like everything else)

Cooked witchetty grubs and kangaroo.
    DMs make the worst players.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thermuda View Post
    Calamari - bloody nice as well

I ate this, I found it to be actully quite good aswell =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Side View Post
    You damn dirty apes!

Quote Originally Posted by Jistu View Post
    A packing peanut.

Apearently, they're etable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cadwe View Post
    yep there a edible form of sylicon * or something like that* and often used in sauces needing a nice think base
    Actually, they're compressed and formed starch. Pure, nasty, sticky starch. They can also be melted away in the sink if you don't want to have them all over the trash can, my son loves filling the basin with them and them turning the water on. They turn to goo fairly quickly.

On a side note, if it doesn't melt in water, it's NOT the edible kind of peanut! Not every single kind can be consumed!

Quote Originally Posted by Thermuda View Post
    Calamari - bloody nice as well
    Quote Originally Posted by Earthfury View Post
    I ate this, I found it to be actully quite good aswell =)
    I love calamari. There's an awesome Greek place downtown that serves truly mouth-watering fried calamari, I love to get an order, bring it home, and eat it with ranch dressing while my wife quietly gags on the other end of the couch. =)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldbugga View Post
    A "hundred year" egg......a raw egg that has been buried in animal waste for tens of years and then it turns a translucent black....I did not chew I can tell you.
    I have heard of these things– t's not tens of years, it's actually a range of a few weeks to a few months, and they're NOT buried in animal waste.

Regardless of those inconsistencies, you could not pay me enough to eat one of these things. I think I'd rather lick a corpse flower.
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Stop looking for sense in a game that mails you dragons.

10+ Year Old Account
    One of my good friends is scottish and he insisted he made me haggis. It was really nice despite being a sheeps stomach or whatever it is o_o
    PC Specs
    Case: Coolermaster HAF 932 Full Tower - CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K - CPU Cooler: Titan Fenrir Evo Extreme - Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V PRO - RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyper-X Genesis 1600 - GPU: 2GB GTX 680 - SSD: 120GB Intel 520 Series - HDD: WD Caviar Black 1TB - PSU: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750

Quote Originally Posted by Ogemaniac View Post
    Raw horse while living in Japan.

I am sure I ate a lot of utterly nasty sounding (and sometimes tasting) things there, but usually my Japanese was bad enough that I couldn't figure out what it was.

I was about to say raw horse as well, but i liked it a lot. seriously, we need to give in and eat horse in america.

I lived in japan for a couple years, and my japanese was pretty good. unfortunately i knew what everything i ate was.
    I even started to like natou towards the end

Well we were on a small farm in China just inside the border from Macau and the farmer dug them out of a pile of rotting "compost-stuff'. When we asked what it was (through our interpreter) he said it was animal waste and vegetation etc....compost (for the temperature). And when we said how long had they been there we were told "many many years - more than 10...maybe 20".....so I am only relating what I we "experienced". They did smell absolutely awful but it would have been an insult to refuse them....like the brandy (offered by the same farmer)......we were some of the first "western" visitors to travel that area "unchaperoned" and he was trying to impress us.....they were lovely people who would give you the shirt off their back....it was a privilege to be honored like that at the time.
    Last edited by Oldbugga; 2011-03-11 at 03:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to a Chinese buffet one time in NYC with my dad and some other relatives. Feeling adventurous that day I picked up a lot of weird oddities I saw being served. The last thing I ate was a "cheese mussel". The shear consistency of the dish made me throw it up. It was shitttttttt. D:

I ate Lamb brains at a Turkish restaurant (I'm Turkish and in Turkey brains are a delicacy). also fish eyes and fish ovaries.

Singed sheep's head, probably. Oh, and cultured milk with weeds(just normal garden weed, not cannabis).

fish fingers? They've finally found murlocs in the ocean, and are HARVESTING THEIR FINGERS!? O_o the fools, we should be negotiating terms of surrender to their unending legions hidden in the depths...

*cough* anyway, weirdest thing....anything at my family reunions. I think a lot of the older members of my family learned cooking in the great depression. throw everything in your cabinet in a pot, cook it until its all thick and gloopy, and called it "Casserole"

weirdest thing i've seen personally that was intended for eating was various types of candied bugs at a gift shop somewhere. I saw someone buy some. o_O I didn't...
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sea Urchin
    I was snorkeling with an instructor and he grabbed something off a rock, broke it open and told me to eat it. It was awful.

I used to munch on sour cream and onion grasshoppers and have eaten squirrel as well.

Oh and I steal cookies from my horse because they're super yummy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really weird, but would seem weird to some I guess:

Alligator
    Snake
    Squirrel
    Frog Legs
    Crayfish
    Escargot (snails)
    Scrapple (if you've never had it, you don't want to know how it's made)
    Bear
    Tripe

I enjoyed all of those except for the tripe. Ugh.

hmmm chineese delicasy gallore, was at a dinner with the biggest bigshot in singapore, and got all kinds of stuff, fishheah, sharkfinn soup, all kinds of things i have no clue what was.

and snails in portugal. hmmm and well different kinds of organs

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    A Squirrel.
    burn in Hell!

ate: chocolate ice cream on a hotdog roll with buttered popcorn seeds in it...... ya i know, lol.

drank: was glass of water with some milk, hot souce, soy sauch and i think ketchup in it (was basically everything on the table at the moment lol)

Japanse AAAAAAAH the horros

Deleted
    Apparently some people think pizza with seafood is weird, possibly because of the tentacles.

Also, why would calamari be considered weird food? O_o

10+ Year Old Account
    You know those pighearts including sauce? Yeah, not those.

But maybe those huge snailshells with some green, pestocoloured, tasteful garliq-stuff in it. Tastes very good, but I can't stand the tought eating snails That's why I haven't eaten them since 2001.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Damiaen View Post
    As the title says....what is the weirdest thing you have ever ate?

Mine must be fish fingers and custard. Fish fingers. In custard. The custard contained pepsi and some other weird stuff. Weirdly it tasted nicer then my freinds cooking that night!
    Lool reminds me of the first episode with the 11th doctor