Thread: New PvP Title?

New PvP Title?

Hey All,

This last Tuesday while my friend and I were doing are 2v2 for weekly conquest points I thought "Blizzard should make a new PvP title." Yes I know they already added one for 250k HK's, But that's retarded..Then started thinking. This is what I came up with; While people do arena, and there are those teams that do really, really well and can get like 15-20 wins in a row without a loss I'm guessing they already have the Arena Master title, So what I'm thinking is that over an entire season the team with the highest Win streak with no losses with a team over a certain rating, so it won't be super easy, would get a certain special title for their Godliness..

So those are my thoughts..
    What do you guys think?

Deleted
    Could be nice idd, imo there is to few pvp titles and blizzard need to add alot of new ones for us Pvpers.

They need to bring back flawless victor which was 10 wins in a row above 2.2k rating... this was in early s5 only and only a few people got it before it got removed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Skazza View Post
    Could be nice idd, imo there is to few pvp titles and blizzard need to add alot of new ones for us Pvpers.
    When looking at titles available for Dungeons and raids (http://www.wowhead.com/titles=3)...
    A current total of 23 titles can be obtained trough dungeons and raids!

And after looking at the titles available for Player versus Player (http://www.wowhead.com/titles=1)
    We see a grand total of 30 titles available for this type of gameplay!

The problem is all you need to do is get a really high rating, get badass gear than get a really REALLY terrible rating. Then witht hat badass gear just start going to town.

I miss my flawless victor title, but there's still r1 titles, glad titles... and all the ones below it?

Deleted
    They should add more PvP titles, not just arena related ones. I know there are some already like Battlemaster, Hero of the ... ,... but the chance I will ever get that is very small.
    Add something like: Kill 500 players of the following classes
    Title received depends on your class:
    Mage: Magicly...
    Warlock class: Demon Master...
    DK Class: Deathly...
    Warrior: Slayer...
    Or something along these lines, but titles only for the best players is not fun for the other 99% of the PvPers. Almost everyone had Kingslayer while the proplayers had Light of Dawn. Give the normal PvPers something like Kingslayer and give the top players something like Light of Dawn. Everyone happy?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnowo View Post
    When looking at titles available for Dungeons and raids (http://www.wowhead.com/titles=3)...

And after looking at the titles available for Player versus Player (http://www.wowhead.com/titles=1)
    With 9 of them is Gladiator titles awarded at end of season and Veteran of the Alliance/Horde is something ppl wont get in about 3-4 months from now. PvP titles is about grinding and patience while PvE titles you get carried by 9/24 others to get something able to achieve in 1 day.

Edit: forgot the rank 1 titles which is 9 more so you got 19 titles.

Deleted

Some of the titles can't get anymore (Wrathfull Gladiator,...) and some in that list are depending on faction (Grand Warlord = Grand Marshal)

Quote Originally Posted by gamma Ray View Post
    The problem is all you need to do is get a really high rating, get badass gear than get a really REALLY terrible rating. Then witht hat badass gear just start going to town.
    Which if you read my entire post you would see that i said the team would have to be over a certain rating to be able to qualify.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudor View Post
    With 9 of them is Gladiator titles awarded at end of season and Veteran of the Alliance/Horde is something ppl wont get in about 3-4 months from now
    Fair enough. Subtract 8 of them, leaving 22 PvP titles up for grabs in one way or another currently.

PvP titles is about grinding and patience while PvE titles you get carried by 9/24 others to get something able to achieve in 1 day.
    Now why did you go and do that for? This is not a thread about how one part of the game is more superior to the other, so keep your flaming at the door, please. The only reason I compared notes is to point out why not "Blizzard should add alot of new titles" exclusively "for us pvpers"...

Quote Originally Posted by Aturbus View Post
    Some of the titles can't get anymore (Wrathfull Gladiator,...) and some in that list are depending on faction (Grand Warlord = Grand Marshal)
    I counted only one-side titles, as they all have their counterpart for the other faction.
    As for no longer obtainable: There are quite a few "REALM FIRST!" titles in the list as well for PvE, yet they still count.
    If you want to have a thourough comparison, I should remove those as well, but for simplicity sake I letft them in...

With 9 of them is Gladiator titles awarded at end of season and Veteran of the Alliance/Horde is something ppl wont get in about 3-4 months from now. PvP titles is about grinding and patience while PvE titles you get carried by 9/24 others to get something able to achieve in 1 day.

Right. Because I got Light of Dawn in 1 day. There are easy PvE titles and there are easy PvP titles. The only difference is that PvE titles are easier to get as content becomes old.

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 03:55 PM ----------

The top PvE players work just as hard for their titles as the top PvP players.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatowlkinidiot View Post
    Right. Because I got Light of Dawn in 1 day. There are easy PvE titles and there are easy PvP titles. The only difference is that PvE titles are easier to get as content becomes old.

---------- Post added 2011-03-10 at 03:55 PM ----------

The top PvE players work just as hard for their titles as the top PvP players.
    lol top pve players get there title in 1-2days wait for next patch with raid and stuff clear it and you got a title done...
    pvp will have to wait months for there title meanwhile other people can pass them rating and steal title...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nightmarez View Post
    lol top pve players get there title in 1-2days wait for next patch with raid and stuff clear it and you got a title done...
    pvp will have to wait months for there title meanwhile other people can pass them rating and steal title...
    ^This.

To get the hardest PvP title (Gladiator), you need to get geared up, and then reach top 0.5% of the total teams in 3v3 or 5v5 brackets, and keep it there until the end of the season. That's INSANELY much more difficult than fighting an NPC, which is programmed to do the same thing again and again. You're fighting other people, just as eager to get that title, and you have to KEEP battling them to make sure you get the title.

PvE is easier than PvP. Fighting a computer is easier than fighting other players.

Deleted
    by the end of the season, how many guilds will have cleared all hc content ?

it just pisses me off so hard when people compare pvp with pve.
    also the "fighting a computer is easier than fighting other players" argument is really lacking
    please say that about an fps game, chess, or rts's on burtal/hard ...actually any game with a limitless computer

and another simple minded comment is that pve titles are easier to get because you have the chance to get them at the release of the content, as opposed to pvp

players make mistakes, players are limited by apm's, decison making, reflexes... computers are not.

again, it's my solid oppinion that players that say one aspect of the game is so much easier than the other usually suck at both.

ontopic tho :
    titiles are fine the way they are.the only thing i would change is the Justicar one for horde's Conqueror
    Last edited by mmocffcb256aa5; 2011-03-11 at 02:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by malpractis View Post
    by the end of the season, how many guilds will have cleared all hc content ?

it just pisses me off so hard when people compare pvp with pve.
    also the "fighting a computer is easier than fighting other players" argument is really lacking
    please say that about an fps game, chess, or rts's on burtal/hard ...actually any game with a limitless computer

and another simple minded comment is that pve titles are easier to get because you have the chance to get them at the release of the content, as opposed to pvp

players make mistakes, players are limited by apm's, decison making, reflexes... computers are not.

again, it's my solid oppinion that players that say one aspect of the game is so much easier than the other usually suck at both.

ontopic tho :
    titiles are fine the way they are.the only thing i would change is the Justicar one for horde's Conqueror
    I'll try not to start a flamefest but there's a cap on how hard a boss is. There's no cap of how good a player you're fighting can be.
    It's only logical that it's harder to fight a player that is better than you than killing a boss that you know you'll kill if you just put enough dedication and time into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobzor View Post
    I'll try not to start a flamefest but there's a cap on how hard a boss is. There's no cap of how good a player you're fighting can be.
    It's only logical that it's harder to fight a player that is better than you than killing a boss that you know you'll kill if you just put enough dedication and time into it.
    There's no use responding to people like that. They all make the same argument. What it boils down to is PVE players want to justify what they do as being difficult because they're just not good at PVP. They all look up fights and practice them using a set script within the game.

PVP isn't scripted, an individual match cannot be looked up. You don't even know who you're fighting until you're actually in combat.
    PVP is harder, this is a fact. The only reason PVE can become hard is because you have to rely on 9 or 24 other people to do their job correctly, at the same time. An individuals job in a raid isn't difficult.

/ingorance

10+ Year Old Account

you obviously dont raid much cause there not many encounters where 1 stupid person wont wipe you
    My name is Legion, for we are many