Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    I hate to sound like a jerk, but this really gives me a chuckle to see so many members of the mmo-champion community come out to call bullshit on Bioware after all the fanboy'ism that goes on here for that company.

Maybe I'm just biased, but... after all the times I've been accused of trolling just for saying I hated KOTOR and refuse to play Bioware games because it was bad and they are overrated... I'm having quite the laugh.

Carry on with the discussion.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

15+ Year Old Account
    You can play SC2 single player without internet. Log in as a guest.

You can play almost any game's single player without internet.
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

SC2 single player only works for 30 days without logging in, so you get banned from single player as well.

The sad part about this situation. EA suspends one player for 72 hours. That player mouths off to EVERYONE on the internet, now all of a sudden the media (even how small it may be on here) has an interest in this. "EA is blocking me from playing my account" he shouted, screamed, kicked and complained for 2 days straight he would not let up. That is true nerdrage. I can understand being a bit frustrated. However to scream for 15 hours a day on the internet, and actually for a company like bioware to remove the suspension him. If this was Blizzard, you would have to pay to access to even post on their forums. Same with Rift, and if you did complain about being banned.

It would take 2-3 business days for them to reply to you, and any accounts you made to complain about the post were deleted and you were banned. Why bioware allows this one player to abuse him while he is predicting the doom of bioware and ea, because someone can't handle 72 hours away from their computer is truly beyond me. Are there no important things going on in the world, (hey what happened to Japan?) That his story gets coverage on some sites the same day

Quote Originally Posted by The Jackal View Post
    The sad part about this situation. EA suspends one player for 72 hours. That player mouths off to EVERYONE on the internet, now all of a sudden the media (even how small it may be on here) has an interest in this. "EA is blocking me from playing my account" he shouted, screamed, kicked and complained for 2 days straight he would not let up. That is true nerdrage. I can understand being a bit frustrated. However to scream for 15 hours a day on the internet, and actually for a company like bioware to remove the suspension him. If this was Blizzard, you would have to pay to access to even post on their forums. Same with Rift, and if you did complain about being banned.

It would take 2-3 business days for them to reply to you, and any accounts you made to complain about the post were deleted and you were banned. Why bioware allows this one player to abuse him while he is predicting the doom of bioware and ea, because someone can't handle 72 hours away from their computer is truly beyond me. Are there no important things going on in the world, (hey what happened to Japan?) That his story gets coverage on some sites the same day
    It's really quite stupid, but you have to consider how idiotic 99.9999999% of the human populace is.

Big words coupled with misrepresentation confuse and scare them, and they get caught up in the bandwagon of injustice on stupid shit like this.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

You're right. This is somehow different from the insane nerd rage that drowns the official WoW forums every time they announce an extended maintenance. "I pay for this service, and I should be allowed to play it! I want my money back!"

Except in the Bioware case, he wasn't paying for a service, was he? He actually purchased an ITEM, a tangible physical item, and the company disallowed him from playing it for 72 hours because he said something they didn't like on their forums. I'd absolutely love to see you buy something, only to get it home and discover that after you paid for it free and clear, the company had taken action against you to make you unable to use it for three days.

Methinks we'd see someone different here nerd-raging in that case, don't you?

He was right to be angry. They were wrong to ban him for expressing his opinion. They should have thought the whole business out before tying game registration to online accounts.

Chill out with the hate, on the guy. Because honestly... u seem kinda mad, bro....
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    Except in the Bioware case, he wasn't paying for a service, was he? He actually purchased an ITEM, a tangible physical item, and the company disallowed him from playing it for 72 hours because he said something they didn't like on their forums. I'd absolutely love to see you buy something, only to get it home and discover that after you paid for it free and clear, the company had taken action against you to make you unable to use it for three days.

See:

Quote Originally Posted by Simca View Post
    He probably doesn't understand that when you start the game, it brings you to the EA Login screen, but you can hit "Close" instead of logging in and it skips the login and goes to offline mode.
    He sort of, y'know, could actually play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Laughriot View Post
    You're right. This is somehow different from the insane nerd rage that drowns the official WoW forums every time they announce an extended maintenance. "I pay for this service, and I should be allowed to play it! I want my money back!"

Methinks we'd see someone different here nerd-raging in that case, don't you?

He was right to be angry. They were wrong to ban him for expressing his opinion. They should have thought the whole business out before tying game registration to online accounts.

Chill out with the hate, on the guy. Because honestly... u seem kinda mad, bro....
    I'm not upset, as the poster above me stated there were other ways to play the game. Singing in offline was an option, since he ordered the CE edition the DLC already came with that. Blizzard has in the hundreds of people posting daily "I quit" "Game Sucks" etc, and you don't see them dropping down on bended knees to bend over backwards for this person.

In my opinion regardless if he had gotten to play the game by going to offline menu (Problem solved) or waited 3 days. You do know he was only suspended for 72 hours? and he has said on the bioware forums that he isn't going to be even be playing the game untill tomorrow, (That's 3 days in total)

Yes imo the guy is a giant moron for creating such a sandstorm about a longer gamer who could have easily switched to offline mode, made a separate account and registered it through there. Instead he decided to be a complete ass and spam bioware site, by creating numerous fake sns about how the game sucked, hours after he was ban all linking his thread which he got banned.

Emailing websites, telling them about what happened. And since nothing else in the world was more important then this gamer at this time, they caved into his complaining demands.

I'm not upset, as the poster above me stated there were other ways to play the game. Singing in offline was an option, since he ordered the CE edition the DLC already came with that. Blizzard has in the hundreds of people posting daily "I quit" "Game Sucks" etc, and you don't see them dropping down on bended knees to bend over backwards for this person.

In my opinion regardless if he had gotten to play the game by going to offline menu (Problem solved) or waited 3 days. You do know he was only suspended for 72 hours? and he has said on the bioware forums that he isn't going to be even be playing the game untill tomorrow, (That's 3 days in total)

Yes imo the guy is a giant moron for creating such a sandstorm about a longer gamer who could have easily switched to offline mode, made a separate account and registered it through there. Instead he decided to be a complete ass and spam bioware site, by creating numerous fake sns about how the game sucked, hours after he was ban all linking his thread which he got banned.

Emailing websites, telling them about what happened. And since nothing else in the world was more important then this gamer at this time, they caved into his complaining demands.
    All that being said, I stand by my opinion that the online registering process absolutely shouldn't be linked to the forums. I also stand by my opinion that banning him for what he said was absolutely preposterous. "I don't like the company that bought your company!" "LOL k. /ban." Ridiculous.

And no, you don't see Blizzard begging people to stick around. First off, they don't have to because they are the biggest dog on the block, figuratively speaking. If you actually quit or get banned, well... there are other fish in the sea. Secondly... that has nothing to do with anything. I didn't imply that Blizzard was begging people to stay. I did imply that people go and nerd-rage at Blizzard every single time there is a scheduled maintenance, and Blizzard doesn't ban them out of hand for complaining or demanding refunds. Not even for 72 hours. Their reaction was absolutely ridiculous, even if it hadn't resulted in him being unable to register his purchased game.

Oh, and yes it does take Blizzard 2-3 days to respond to petitions involving being banned. However, their system isn't so ridiculous as to require a person to make new accounts just so they can protest or request help. As a matter of fact, not only do you not have to do that, you are unable to do that, as far as I know. Exactly like you should be on the Bioware forums, imo. If you get wrongfully banned from the Blizzard forums, you can log in ON YOUR BANNED ACCOUNT, and send a petition from there. Making a new account on the Blizz forums, as far as I know, involves actually starting a new account, and thus a CD key.

TL;DR: Bioware caused the mess, regardless of whether or not the guy blew the situation out of proportion. He should have been able to register his game, and his inability to do so shows poor planning on their part. He also really should have been unable to make multiple accounts to spam their forums, and on top of that, he shouldn't have needed to because there should have been other avenues open for him to protest.

p.s. None of this makes me any more likely to ever purchase a Bioware product, heh. Shoddy. Very shoddy indeed.
    ...?

Deleted
    I feel better about pirating The Sims 3 now.

I'm more angry with Bioware for taking the IWD and BG2 patches off their servers, though.