New Epics: "Cannot be disenchanted"

EDIT: I believe this is false information as I searched for other epic items in the database which i know can be disenchanted and they also have "Cannot be disenchanted" in the tooltips. So I "think" the new ZA/ZG epics CAN still be disenchanted.

Original: anyone notice that the new 353 epics has "Cannot be disenchanted" on the tool tips? try to click any 353 items from the home page. not sure if this is intented.
    Last edited by Platinumstar; 2011-03-11 at 09:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe it's a way to keep enchanting mats pricey still.

10+ Year Old Account
    This may just be because they are only data-mined and haven't actually been seen on the PTR to be D/E'd. Therefore, the computer reads as "nobody has ever disenchanted these. Thus, they are not disenchant-able."

However, if they have actually been seen on the servers, that's entirely more foreboding... Guess I'm not getting my dual Landslide this tier xD
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

nvm, i noticed it says that on alot of other epic items that i know that can disenchanted, they probably didn't update their database or something. please ignore or delete.

maybe its because blizzard wants to keep the raid level attainable through i dunno raiding so that the market isn't compleatly crashed by guilds who are full raid geared farming them for the maelstorm crystals

When I read this, I had a huge sigh of relief.

You don't need raid-level enchants if you aren't raiding. This same argument was present for all of wotlk too, and probably some of BC: Why do you need epics if you aren't going to be in a place that's necessary to have epics (raiding)? I'm glad blizz made the ZA/ZG gear not DE-able. Of course, they could make the gear blue quality but have the same stats, then you could DE them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkweava View Post
    maybe its because blizzard wants to keep the raid level attainable through i dunno raiding so that the market isn't compleatly crashed by guilds who are full raid geared farming them for the maelstorm crystals
    Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    You don't need raid-level enchants if you aren't raiding.

Even hardcore raiding guilds can't afford using the crystal-based enchants (with the exception of weapon enchants). The difference is unnoticeable, but the cost is thousands of gold.

ZA/ZG were actually challenging...it MIGHT be because the PTR pugs are crappy but I did them when mostly everyone had 359 avg ilvl. Imagine what its gonna be like with live pugs that have crap gear (hopefully not, but it happens)

So if the items can be disenchanted, I wouldn't mind it...if they can't be disenchanted, whatever! most guilds that down bosses have millions of shards from all the leather shoulders that KEEP ON DROPPING! >

10+ Year Old Account
    At the moment on the PTR you can disenchant the purples that drop.
    I myself have disenchanted a purple from ZA.

Quote Originally Posted by Velyndina View Post
    ZA/ZG were actually challenging...it MIGHT be because the PTR pugs are crappy but I did them when mostly everyone had 359 avg ilvl. Imagine what its gonna be like with live pugs that have crap gear (hopefully not, but it happens)

So if the items can be disenchanted, I wouldn't mind it...if they can't be disenchanted, whatever! most guilds that down bosses have millions of shards from all the leather shoulders that KEEP ON DROPPING! >
    QFT

i still cant get my heoric shoulders from halfus...but ominitron drops leather shoulders every week

Quote Originally Posted by Mastrcapn View Post
    This may just be because they are only data-mined and haven't actually been seen on the PTR to be D/E'd. Therefore, the computer reads as "nobody has ever disenchanted these. Thus, they are not disenchant-able."

However, if they have actually been seen on the servers, that's entirely more foreboding... Guess I'm not getting my dual Landslide this tier xD
    Is it bad that I know the picture you got your avatar from?

Dear sweet baby Jesus let this be so.

Quote Originally Posted by Rivermark View Post
    Even hardcore raiding guilds can't afford using the crystal-based enchants (with the exception of weapon enchants). The difference is unnoticeable, but the cost is thousands of gold.
    You're joking right? We get no less than 12-15 crystals per raid night. Everyone in our guild has BIS guild-supplied crystal enchants. There have literally been a few bosses where we DE all 5 items that dropped, no one even needed for offspec.

Quote Originally Posted by blahssat View Post
    When I read this, I had a huge sigh of relief.

You don't need raid-level enchants if you aren't raiding. This same argument was present for all of wotlk too, and probably some of BC: Why do you need epics if you aren't going to be in a place that's necessary to have epics (raiding)? I'm glad blizz made the ZA/ZG gear not DE-able. Of course, they could make the gear blue quality but have the same stats, then you could DE them anyways.
    I'm not sure why you think you are the arbiter of what character advancement other people can or cannot have in the game. Crystals for everyone I hope.

edit: response to new 4.1 PTR notes
    LOL. The more you tighten your grip, the more will slip through your fingers.
    Last edited by Cows For Life; 2011-03-23 at 12:03 AM.