Page 1 of 15
... LastLast

Is it me or has the "Quitting WoW" threads increased drasitcally?

Topic pretty much sums it. Just want to know what people think. I see a lot of people defending the game. Im a long long time reader of Mmo champ and ive never seen so many threads in a small time about quitting the game.

Yes im an active player, yes im bored too and yes im trying to find something better to do so i can devote my time elsewhere.

No offense to anyone who is playing the game. Glad you enjoy it, was one hell of a game.

For some reason the "epic" feeling is lost. The community is lost. Nobody cares how they treat others, nobody cares about anything other than their own character. why? cause they dont need you anymore. Cross realm instances killed it pretty much imo.

Before you say its only me and i need to quit which might be true, i noticed a hell lot of people who i know that quit too. Now i doubt everyone suddenly just got that feeling and we have to move on. Something in the game is just not right which is resulting in a lot of quitters.

A lot of people have always quit, the only reason you're noticing it more is because you're in the same position, that's what your mind does to you.

Deleted
    I believe new games are coming out with new and interesting ideas. Blizzards style seems to stay just about the same (not décor style.) and they don't really implement new features to add to the way you play the game.

I believe Blizzard need to do this to keep the fun in the game, or it really is just the same game with different art.

Good response might be true. But ive noticed that in the last 15 days. My friends list has gone from 70+ active players online to 20-30 active players. Most people are offline and said they quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really, it's been this way for years.

Kangodo, i respect what you say. However how can so many people on my friends list all find the game boring at the same time? including me.

I loved this game. Absolutely loved. I even messed up a year in uni because of this game.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's getting too "hard" for people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    Good response might be true. But ive noticed that in the last 15 days. My friends list has gone from 70+ active players online to 20-30 active players. Most people are offline and said they quit.
    Your friend list consists to some degree of people with a mindset similiar to yours. Since you're growing tired of WoW, you're noting that a selection of players you have befriended share the same attitude.

There's no "bleeding subs", there's not a huge increase in people shouting that they've quit in public, etc. You're just noticing it because you're about to quit and you probably share a mindset with the other people you notice quitting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Papapwn View Post
    As soon as a new fantastic game comes out people might switch for a few months or so (Single player and Multi). The same thing happened with sc2 and it will happen again with the vast amount of fantastic titles due this year.

I believe it is going to be a hard year for Blizzard, probably one of the hardest. We might even see a reduction overall of players. But I think as always they will find a way to get the numbers back up.

I'm the same, I'm very bored of WoW but I have nothing else to go to.

I think you've noticed a increase in threads because I'm pretty sure some new released MMO's have become available and people have tried and liked them. They're a breath of fresh air, lets face it WoW has been going for 6 years (I think) and people are bound to be fed up with it.

Not sure if you have heard of a game called 'Rift' but it's a good game which you might be into, it has a similar setup to WoW but is different, I couldn't get into it.

Good luck.

Deleted
    There have been people QQing about the death of WoW and how they are quitting and how they've noticed more and more people are quitting ever since vanilla. Nothing new under the sun. It's all perceptual.

Deleted
    Easy mode peoples are leaving.

Im just wondering what guild wars 2 will do. Its going to further hurt this game imo.

I like all the people saying nothing has changed.

It's recent. The over zealous policing of the blizz forums with moderators abusing their position and handing out bans to players for no real reason is making people furious, hince why they are coming here.

The direction of the game has taken a sharp step back. They were talking the entire time they wanted people to see raids and they didn't want sunwell and naxx again were less than 2% of the wow population completed all of the end game content. Then they made the normal raids brutally unforgiving. Many people are upset about that.

Instead of focusing on an end game expansion they redid the entire world and left end game content severly lacking. There really isn't a whole lot to do outside of raiding or pvp which still suffers from some of the worst imbalances the game has ever seen (frost mages are OP so what do they do? Nerf the mobility of feral and warriors).

10+ Year Old Account
    It's fun to complain. Complaining is catchy. Thats how unions are made, thats how presidents are elected.

Deleted
    When a new "WoW Killer" comes out people leave, often before returning x months later. Some people are just trolls too who love posting doom and gloom.

Quitting WoW qq threads are part of the community now, people feel the need to tell you why they're leaving because they're rightfully upset that they wasted the last 1-6 years playing a game that they don't enjoy anymore.

There's something to be learned here however. Looking at established player retention models, veteran players quit for 3 reasons; Stale boring content (Not likely with a new xpac unless it was poorly designed) Burnout (again, unlikely with fresh content) or changes that the player doesn't agree with (game philosophy, class changes, community, etc etc.)

It's likely that the recent changes since 4.0 are causing an exodus of veteran players. Considering that only 10% of new players make it past level 20, this player shift from veteran to novice player base could be dangerous for blizzard's revenue down the line, especially in about 6 months when stale content and burnout become more prevalent.

This isn't a bad thing in the long term though, maybe with competition from RIFT and declining player base, Activision will realize that the Post - Kotick MMO/gaming philosophy will cause them to go bankrupt and they'll stone him to death.

Wishful thinking?

It's always the same, that happened during the start of Bc, Wotlk and Cata, people come up and make QQ-Threads that this game is boring now, everyone quits and all is a big bunch of shit.

The fact is that most come back or didn't really quit, that what you read =/= what actually is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Punky View Post
    Easy mode peoples are leaving.
    You must be so proud you can enter the conversation with a civil and intelligent point.

The more people playing WoW = more people leaving WoW. There are still more players now than ever before.

Also, this is the MMO-Champion forums, the place where posters banned from the regular forums go to bitch. What do you expect?
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu