Adjusting volume settings / spell effects

Hello,

I know that it is possible to make a lot of adjustments to sound and video options which are not available using the default "options" windows.

I like playing wow with sounds on but I can't stand spell sounds, just too much noisy, but I want to hear my own effects.
    Is it possible to adjust my sounds settings in such a way that:
    I do not hear anyone's spell effects / sounds but mine AND only bosses' sound emotes / spell sounds / sound effects.

If it is possible, I'll be glad if you can post how to revert it to default settings as well.

There is an interface option to emphasise your own visuals for spell effects but no option that I am aware of to do anything similar with sound effects.
    Via sound replacements it is possible to mute or change certain sounds but that would apply for all instances of any given sound be it from your own or that of someone else.

What he said basically, you could try to turn down the Ambience.. I think thats the one with all of the spells sounds.

While we're on this topic, you know how when you hit the wow launcher and it brings up the update screen, you hit play, and there's that loud sound like a jail cell closing? How the hell do you turn that off?

The launcher sound cannot be disabled unfortunatly as far as we can tell.
    Blizzard did hint that maybe the sound would be removed at some point, but that does not seem to be forthcoming so far.

Thanks for the replies... So apparently there's no way to do what I want to do... God I hate holy paladin healing sounds, they are so loud that it makes me want to smash my PC into pieces... So either raid with no pallies or just stand the noise :P

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can do "sound replacements" of the in-game sounds - use an MPQ Viewer/Extractor (not again TOS/EULA itself) to extract the sounds that bother you, edit them in sound editing software to reduce their volume, and then place them into the WoW folder occupying an identical path to their path inside the MPQ folder (also not against TOS/EULA).

The point where this sort of thing is a problem is when you pack the edited files into a custom MPQ and place it in the WoW folder - THAT is a violation of TOS/EULA. Normal sound replacements such as the one I suggested above are completely "legal" at this time.

Taryble thanks a lot for your reply. Honestly, I think what you say is just too much work Thanks anyways.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    There's a reason I don't do sound replacements on my own, too. :>