Thread: Apple

Apple

So I just got back from the Apple store after getting my new iPad 2 (typing this from it actually). I had called three times this week to find out how many iPads would be in the store today and each time the store rep evaded my question. I called several times today to get a update on the line size each time asking about how many if them they had and each time they evaded the question. When I got their.. Number 156 in line out of 280 I asked again for a number in stock and got "apple doesn't release numbers"?

I am standing in a line of 280 people and apple can't tell me if I am wasting my time or not? They were willing to let us wait their only to get to the head of the line and find out they were out of stock thus making un happy customers. This being my first (and last) apple launch event is apple always so secretive for no apparent reason?? When in say thus was my last apple launch I have no complaint in any way besides the stupid secrecy and the fact I'm generally not an apple fan. I just refuse to become part of the "buy another iPad every year or so and give them another $500" crowd. This tablet will do me until it is either no longer supported via updates or it dies

There were >10 people in Target waiting in line for it and >100 outside of Best Buy when I just so happened to stumble into them today, totally forgetting it was release day (Who releases a product at 5 PM?). I was looking for a Blackwidow Ultimate in Best Buy, but all the employees were hovering around the middle of the store with the iPads. One guy at Geeksquad and not a single employee in computers. Oh, and I was basically ignored when I asked if they had the keyboard in store. I guess the overrated iPad is more important. If you want a lesser line, go to those places. But yeah, the iPad is super not worth it and should just be removed from this world. /endrant

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    It's mostly marketing. The more hype they can generate, the better off their products will sell, as sadly that's how they sell most of their products for twice the price of something that does the exact same thing.

Tablet sector is a bit of an exception at the moment due to how immature it is right now though.
    red panda red panda red panda!

10+ Year Old Account
    Imagine apple products as the carrot on a stick on front of the donkey.
    Now imagine every small upgrade as a new carrot but slightly more orange then the previous carrot.

Now stop throwing your hard earned $ at them for the same god damn carrots.

Tablet sector is totally ass-backwards right now, as the iPad 2 is actually not only the best of its class currently, but also the cheapest you can get with the "same" specs. Normally apple is the most expensive you can buy without having the highest-end performance hardware, but it's not the case right now.

As for apple's secrecy, that's just part of their thing. I know people don't like to hear it, but they're goddamn innovators right now. Ipod, Ipod touch, Iphone and Ipad are completely original things that they perfected and made available to the general public use. I don't know how they'll be in the future, but given their success it's no surprise they like to be as hush-hush as possible.

iPad 2 is WORTH it - Its original and owns every piece of tablets that are coming - good thing about apple is

they might not have the fastest laptops or computers in the world (FOR gaming ) at least, but they are almost best at everything

iTunes anyone?

Amazing Applications anyone?

Unibody of aluminum anyone?

Best trackpad in the world.

Best Designs ( iPhone 4) Glass on the back and infront i

Best multitouch pad.

iPad which beats all the tablets out there.

iPod [Let's not mention that APPLE made iPods famous.

Staying green - everything is useful for the the world.

no harmful toxins in Apples Product.

Best pixels on a Phone (iPhone 4) but then the copycats tried to copy apples product but they know they just can't win.

No PC Virus.

10% of the world are using Apples laptop

meanwhile other 90% is all PC (Toshiba, dell, Alienware, ASUS, bla bla bla bla and bla bla then bla, etc..)

Best software.
    Apple is just like Blizzard. No one can beat them. unless they release new things.

It's really funny how people say Apple mind washes you and your paying for the name.. when they release the best/ most fun to use products.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a typical sales strategy. By keeping you in the dark about inventory numbers, you'll be more likely to stay in line to get yours. If they run out of stock before you get to a rep they then ask if you would like to order the product for pickup on another day.

If they told you there were 150 units and you knew you were 151st in line, you'd probably leave and they'd lose a sale.

Quote Originally Posted by freakyfreak View Post
    iPad 2 is WORTH it - Its original and owns every piece of tablets that are coming - good thing about apple is

I can't share your enthusiasm for something that looks like it's worth 200 dollars but costs 500 and up.
    But I'm glad you like it, certainly whatever innovation Apple brings benefits end-users as it increases the bar for all competitors.

And it keeps all those Chinese children employed, right? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worl...factories.html (ok that's sarcasm)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Badpaladin View Post
    Tablet sector is totally ass-backwards right now, as the iPad 2 is actually not only the best of its class currently, but also the cheapest you can get with the "same" specs. Normally apple is the most expensive you can buy without having the highest-end performance hardware, but it's not the case right now.

As for apple's secrecy, that's just part of their thing. I know people don't like to hear it, but they're goddamn innovators right now. Ipod, Ipod touch, Iphone and Ipad are completely original things that they perfected and made available to the general public use. I don't know how they'll be in the future, but given their success it's no surprise they like to be as hush-hush as possible.
    Sound like another company we all know?
    Perhaps a Gaming company?

It's really funny how people say Apple mind washes you and your paying for the name.. when they release the best/ most fun to use products.
    While this is your opinion, I've experienced booth sides of the spectrum, and I started on Apple with a Macbook. They do brainwash you. A lot. I recently looked into how overpriced and overrated Apple computers are and was amazed that I could have built a similar PC product for half the price. My new PC, $300 cheaper than my Macbook, puts it to shame. Don't get me wrong, I love Apples OS and it's more fun than Win7, but their stuff is just too overpriced for what you are getting besides looks, fun stuff, etc. A friend of mine always told me I was being brainwashed, and I never believed him. Once I looked into it and built my own PC, I realized I was being "brainwashed" all along. Apple is still a great company and they win people with their marketing/looks, but the computers aren't as good as the seem. I can't speak for iPads because I refuse to buy an over sized iPod touch for $300 more.

they might not have the fastest laptops or computers in the world (FOR gaming ) at least, but they are almost best at everything

and too bad 90% is using PC and PC supports more game, sup?

iTunes anyone?

Best multitouch pad.

Best pixels on a Phone (iPhone 4) but then the copycats tried to copy apples product but they know they just can't win.

No PC Virus.

meanwhile other 90% is all PC (Toshiba, dell, Alienware, ASUS, bla bla bla bla and bla bla then bla, etc..)

Best software.
    Apple is just like Blizzard. No one can beat them. unless they release new things.

because the other 90% uses pc shows pc is still the dominant spec. Mac's variety of game is limited, nough said. though i like iphone

No PC Virus.
    Nope, none of those, you get viruses targetted at the ipad instead

But yeah totally not worth it, as with the majority of apple products. Apple does have some clever ideas and some great innovations but rarely anything thats worth the price tag, you buy these things because you want to not because you need to. As for their originality of the tablet, really its an extention of a laptop design that has been copied many times which allowed you to flip the screen then close the laptop and use a stylus to write/access programs etc. Still happy with my Iphone 3G that was bought as a gift 3 years ago, no need or want to upgrade to the v4 as it still works great.

I know you are trolling, but I feel... compelled to post in these things.

iTunes anyone?

Best multitouch pad.

No PC Virus.

Best software.

Someone is a fanboy, eh?

iTunes duplicates all your saved media on your computer as well as not let you save your current listed files.
    Apple doesnt make applications, developers do.
    Since when has aluminum been cool? Last I checked more precious metals are used to package green beans.
    They have best trackpads (although they dont have many and are OS specific)
    Glass on front and back of a phone is a terrible idea, regardless of the strength. If it was metal on the back, it'd be better phone.
    Already covered touch pads.
    iPad in fact doesn't beat all tablets out there. Xoom and Adam are decent quality tablets that have faster hardware, and android is getting better with 3.0.
    If it has electronics in it, it ain't green. It's still got heavy metals and non-degrading materials.

And the last point: macs get viruses too, just not as often because they have a smaller percentage of share. Proportionally, they get half as many viruses per unit sold as PCs (also hackers target windows machines because companies use windows machines)

It isnt best software, it's just another software. (I don't advocate win7 is best or linux is best, but having used macs for 9 years, I can safely say they are subpar compared to windows and linux machines)

Also, iphone is a very nice cell phone / mini computer

/endrant
    Last edited by Darkelementz; 2011-03-12 at 05:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Sound like another company we all know?
    Perhaps a Gaming company?
    I... I think I know where you're going with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazia View Post
    Your mom is so fat shes the reason blizzard made a limit on mage food.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    If words bother you that much perhaps you should try being amish so you can avoid them.

iTunes anyone?

Best multitouch pad.

No PC Virus.

Best software.

You best be trolling

Yeah... This list is so damn freaky I'm only gonna cover the few highlights that are most offending to anybody with common sense and intelligence.

iTunes anyone?
    Thanks, I really want DRM'ed bullshit. Especially from a store that does not sell all music/movies to every country. Or at the same price.

Most of all I didn't really want to transfer music/movies/pictures in or out of iPod without the slow and unstable iTunes, so please Apple ram it deeper up my arse.

As long as you're willing to lick the right arses, and produce nothing that looks, smells or feels like it would be useful...
    http://www.techspot.com/news/42668-a...use-opera.html

Yeah no... Apple is actually one of the worst tech corporations in the world atm regarding 'green' values
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123066532721343231.html

No PC Virus.
    Yep, just dedicated exploits...
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/security/s...2own-2011/8358
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.