display Driver "NVLDDMKM" has stopped responding--

Hey guys, I keep getting froze up in-game at any given time, for about 2 minutes. My screen completely freezes, goes back as if its turned off (the monitor) then comes back with an error box on my taskbar, saying "Display driver nvlddmkm has stopped responding and has successfully recovered."

What's this mean? How do I fix it? I'm not too computer savvy so small words please!

Most likely just need to update your drivers.

And this isn't meant to be directed at you alone, but my thoughts on the "small words" thing.
    It goes a long way to learn some of the things about your computer, because you are, after all the owner.
    And when you ask someone to use small words, it's putting the burden of work on them to have to simplify it for you.
    If you know the basics already, you can fix most simple problems and also won't seem like you're always bugging people when you do
    have a real issue. Yes I know some people will help regardless, just something I figured I'd throw out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Google the error message and learn my friend , computers are not as scary as you think

Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Google the error message and learn my friend , computers are not as scary as you think
    I messed up big-time once... And once was enough. In fact, I was following somebodies directions on these very forums. Ended up loosing over 60gigs of music, pictures, and video.

Which is why I say small words. I know the basics, but when somebody talks to me in code or whatever, I easily get confused.

I've already looked at google, and the latest driver was released on 1.18.11, which i've updated it since. This is why I came to these forums. I don't mean to come off sounding like a egotistical dick, but, I'm not that stupid not to look there first.

I appreciate the 2 replies, better than none. @ispano, could you bit a more clear? what other drivers other than display?

I had this problem aswell. I fixed it by updating my drivers.

If you have the latest, you could try blowing them out completely and reinstalling them.
    Go get DriverSweeper, should show up on Guru3D or something. Use the drivers uninstall utility, let it reboot.
    Reboot again, but go into safe mode. Run DriverSweeper and have it remove all the drivers for your card. I'm assuming
    nVidia based on the error. Just check the box for nVidia Display and possibly nVidia PhysX, let it do it's magic and reboot.
    Install the drivers as per normal.

EDIT: Actually get it from Phyxion.net

---------- Post added 2011-03-12 at 08:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DrFeelGood View Post
    I messed up big-time once... And once was enough. In fact, I was following somebodies directions on these very forums. Ended up loosing over 60gigs of music, pictures, and video.
    Only once? I've messed up far more than that, just today in fact. Pro tip, do not install Windows 7 SP1 if you have ANY extra language packs installed. It was rather simple to recover from after doing some googling, and after I reverted the Service Pack and took out the extra language packs it installed fine.
    Last edited by ispano; 2011-03-12 at 08:46 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ispano View Post
    If you have the latest, you could try blowing them out completely and reinstalling them.
    Alternatively if that fails - jump back a version. (Again, clean everything out like before)

NVIDIA had stability issues with their 'latest drivers' not long ago. I'm not sure what version that applies to, but it may very well still be the 'latest'.