Deleted

Arcane - Most important stats?

I apologize for the noobiness that requires this question.

I spec'ed arcane yesterday to get some practice in before patch 4.1, at which point I will most likely use arcane on some encounters.

I've read the arcane thread on elitist jerks, which provides no scale factors only the message that one should run SimC. As it happens I can't get that program to work, at therefore I will ask this question anyway.

How does the different stats rank for arcane. It is probably a balancing thing, so you probably shouldn't just stock up on one stat. But how do they rank, and if someone have run their own arcane profile in SimC, I would very much appreciate the scale factors you end up at.

I assume that this holds true for sure:

Intellect > Hit (until 17%)

After this I have no clue. I have a feeling that haste isn't that great of a stat for arcane and that crit or mastery are probably better, but I don't really know.

As far as I know, for arcane mages there is no such thing as CRIT>HASTE>MASTERy ( sort of true for fire too these days)
    They roam around each other and it highly depends on your gear and current stats and Rawr will help you decide (although different fights may favor diferent secondary stats)

EDIT: Quoted from elitistjerks.com on the mage forum

Intellect is by far the strongest stat, followed by hit although you still have to be mindful of the hit cap. The relative values of Crit, Haste and Mastery can vary a great deal, dependant on gear and raid buffs. The problem with a table of relative stat values is they are typically treated as a mantra set in stone rather than a guide. Tools such as Rawr and SimC are ideal for determining your relative stat values better than static any table.
    Last edited by BLSTMASTER; 2011-03-12 at 11:44 AM.

For me it goes Mastery>Haste>Crit with mastery and haste being fairly close together.

Its Mastery/Haste > Crit.

Ofc Hit to cap before all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Swaap View Post
    Its Mastery/Haste > Crit.

Ofc Hit to cap before all that.
    Actually it's:

Run a SimC similar program. There's another one in the mage simulator thread on EJ, third on the list is one I use for simplicity. I feel it may be slightly less accurate than the others, but it still works well. I'll post a link if I don't get to lazy after posting this.