15+ Year Old Account

helping a good friend of mine

hi there warlocks

my friend has been playing wow since mid vanilla, and his most played char is his gnome lock. he's been playing again since cata came and likes to play for fun. But he also wants to rock the meters, but doesn't really have the time / motivation to really put some hours of effort to improve (really bussy atm) and he's hanging at 5k dps as demo lock in normals. he's gear isn't all that good, (if it's allowed, i'll link his armory) and he wants a bit of a simple rotation. so i thought, that maby destro is something for him. so is destro good for locks in bad gear ? and is the rotation easy to master ?

thank you for reading this
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

At the moment I'd say Destruction has the most difficult spell priority out of the three warlock specs.

I would say Affliction is currently the easiest spec to play - but your friend should play what he likes.

One more thing - your friend wants to rock the meters, but he doesn't have time or motivation...no offense to your friend but he shouldn't expect to do well without putting in at least a decent amount of time and effort.

15+ Year Old Account
    thanks i'll read afflic guide to help him out, and to point him out to the guide too.
    'Something's awry.' -Duhgan 'Bel' beltayn

'A Man choses, a Slave obeys.' -Andrew Rayn

Quote Originally Posted by MaanaWoW View Post
    At the moment I'd say Destruction has the most difficult spell priority out of the three warlock specs.

I would say Affliction is currently the easiest spec to play - but your friend should play what he likes.

One more thing - your friend wants to rock the meters, but he doesn't have time or motivation...no offense to your friend but he shouldn't expect to do well without putting in at least a decent amount of time and effort.
    Couldn't agree more with both points. Affliction is by far the easiest to play, especially in 5 mans with just multidotting everything he's in combat with.

And as was said, if he's not willing to put in any effort to increase his dps, then he shouldn't be at all expecting to do any better than piss poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohak View Post
    You are all blind to not see Paragons strat. They used gnome mages as sacrifice to the Earth Godess wich granted them unimaginable powahs and lazor beamz able to cut trough Arthas's tick armor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Castel View Post
    People choose PvP servers because they think they're going to be the most dangerous predator in the jungle. Then they find out that the reality is they're just the littlest guy in the prison shower.

I am not sure what people are talking about but Ill give my 2cents. You seem to be interested in 5 mans and not raids? Can't have a simpler spec than destro since all you will be doing is spamming incinerate. Mobs die way to quick for anything else. Immo>conflag>incins>chaos bolt, corruption will be a waste since mobs die before it will finish duration. Not to mention affliction in 5 mans is pretty bad for trash, unless you are just aeing every pack. For bosses you would use the standard destro priorities. I am not sure how destro would be the most difficult spec but I guess to each is own.

I always found destro by far easier to master than Demonology / Affliction, but as people stated before, need a bit of effort to play warlock, if he wants eazmode dps roll mage :P

i would have to agree that if your friend doesnt have time to put in the game he wont get enought high level gear to get that numbers he wants. Also, practice makes perfect so not playing much makes mediocre.

I like destruction for heroics, good burst and an easy priority list. You can usually abuse Bane of Havoc on other mobs for that +15% damage boost, which makes AoE packs not as horrible for a warlock watching the meters.

Also, get hit capped as soon as you can, did wonders for my dps.