Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykezs View Post
    Good itemization although not sure if I agree with the reforging of spirit into Haste/Mastery

Also not sure why you would skip out Train of Thought for Darkness

Damn you for having Tyrande's Favourite Doll DO WANT! :P

EDIT: Just noticed the prime glyphs in your Discipline spec are for shadow, dunno if you realised :P

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ykezs/advanced
    My knowledge about discipline priests is a bit outdated, so I'll that to some one else.
    But so far i can see you shouldnt need any changes or so.

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aatje/advanced

Deleted
    Since above poster couldn't do it, I'll do it:

I'd go with +int on bracers, aswell as reforging your weapon (Haste -> Spirit. If you find haste>spirit, then reforge things like your wand imo)

Specc/Glyphs are hawt.

Quote Originally Posted by botnet View Post
    My knowledge about discipline priests is a bit outdated, so I'll that to some one else.
    But so far i can see you shouldnt need any changes or so.

Me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aatje/advanced
    Cloak enchant could use an additional +20 int, gloves/bracers could get an upgrade aswell. Since you're holy, I'd go with haste if you're running 10mans, but as we all know, it's a bit meh meh. Further everything looks cool. I'd max out the proffs if I were you tho, but it doesnt affect raiding.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiré/advanced
    That's my alt, it has some wierd reforges, I know, it's because I used some for shadow and didnt reforge back yet, so pls don't mind it

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    I was surprised of one thing: you have much less spirit that I have (~-600+). I'll have to admit I couldn't keep up with this. I'm new to discipline and I guess I could manage rapture more efficiently with Ingela's addon. However I would be surprised if you told me you are focusing HC10-man without at least one shaman. You are doing 25-man with at least one mana tide, right?
    Yes, it's 25-man with mana tide, most times. But when there is a mana tide I don't have to use shadow fiend to get along with my mana and when there's no mana tide shadowfiend will jump in. Maybe the important difference is the following ...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
    Other than that, I prefer lavawalker enchant on the boots, but that's a question of preference I guess.
    ... I'm running Inner Will 90% of the time, thus no lavawalker required. If you mostly use Inner Fire, I'd say that's the main reason why you need more spirit.

Good itemization although not sure if I agree with the reforging of spirit into Haste/Mastery
    I'd say that depends on your role/playstyle (bubble spamming or tank healing, usage of Inner Will / Inner Fire) and raid comp (# of mana tides etc).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...hiré/advanced
    That's my alt, it has some wierd reforges, I know, it's because I used some for shadow and didnt reforge back yet, so pls don't mind it
    Overall it seems like you got a pretty good idea of how to gear for discipline, though I suggest getting the belt from exalted guardians of hyal, crit isn't really doing you any good as either disc or holy. If you're running 10mans, I'd opt to get a bit more haste as well.

Mine: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../iebe/advanced

Prozac:
    Seems ok to me, only the shadowfiend glyph that could be switched out to something more usefull.
    Shoulders could need an update though.

This is me:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/summebreeze/advanced

major glyphs get changed out so often depending on fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Prozac View Post
    Since above poster couldn't do it, I'll do it:

I'd go with +int on bracers, aswell as reforging your weapon (Haste -> Spirit. If you find haste>spirit, then reforge things like your wand imo)

Specc/Glyphs are hawt.
    So glad I posted here now, totally slipped my mind to get the +50 int on bracer :P
    My Armoury 7/7 HC Firelands

Currently specc'd "Non-Discipline" FUCK RAID MITIGATION CD'S WE ARE HEALERS

Deleted
    EDIT: Just noticed the prime glyphs in your Discipline spec are for shadow, dunno if you realised :P
    Good to know

Quote Originally Posted by Summebreeze View Post
    Prozac:
    Seems ok to me, only the shadowfiend glyph that could be switched out to something more usefull.
    Shoulders could need an update though.

This is me:
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ragnaros/summebreeze/advanced

major glyphs get changed out so often depending on fight.
    I'll try my hand at this. I've enjoyed the thread quite a bit so far.

Gems: I try to follow an Int heavy gemming strategy, avoiding Spirit set bonuses. For example, on your pants you are literally trading 20 Int for 20 Spirit which isn't recommended.

Enchants: More Int. Get int to bracers if you can. 30 Int to cloak is a little lazy since 50 Int isn't very expensive. Consider Power Torrent as well if that interests you. Haste on gloves and Mastery on boots is sending me mixed messages.

Reforging: Looks like you are going Haste to Mastery unless it has both stats. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Specs: Standard AA/Atonement Disc looks fine to me. As far as Holy goes, I'm probably the worst person to ask. I've sunk over 4000g into respecs on my character. You don't have Blessed Resilience, which is typically recommended. I've dropped it before too. I have mixed feelings about Rapid Renewal.

All-in-all, it seems like you have a pretty solid grasp. Most of the stuff is just preference.

Here's me: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/grizzlehorn/advanced

It should be noted that I exclusively raid 10 mans and mostly play Holy. I go back and forward between Haste and Mastery quite often. Sometimes depending on how a certain boss feels. I really want Mastery to work for me, but I heal with an overzealous Resto Druid so Echo tends to overheal a ton.

Let me know what you think.
    Last edited by Grizzlokk; 2011-05-26 at 12:33 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizzlokk View Post
    I'll try my hand at this. I've enjoyed the thread quite a bit so far.

Gems: I try to follow an Int heavy gemming strategy, avoiding Spirit set bonuses. For example, on your pants you are literally trading 20 Int for 20 Spirit which isn't recommended.

Enchants: More Int. Get int to bracers if you can. 30 Int to cloak is a little lazy since 50 Int isn't very expensive. Consider Power Torrent as well if that interests you. Haste on gloves and Mastery on boots is sending me mixed messages.

Reforging: Looks like you are going Haste to Mastery unless it has both stats. Nothing wrong with that in my opinion.

Specs: Standard AA/Atonement Disc looks fine to me. As far as Holy goes, I'm probably the worst person to ask. I've sunk over 4000g into respecs on my character. You don't have Blessed Resilience, which is typically recommended. I've dropped it before too. I have mixed feelings about Rapid Renewal.

All-in-all, it seems like you have a pretty solid grasp. Most of the stuff is just preference.

Here's me: us.battle.net/wow/en/character/argent-dawn/grizzlehorn/advanced

It should be noted that I exclusively raid 10 mans and mostly play Holy. I go back and forward between Haste and Mastery quite often. Sometimes depending on how a certain boss feels. I really want Mastery to work for me, but I heal with an overzealous Resto Druid so Echo tends to overheal a ton.

Let me know what you think.
    Looks fine but you're Tauren. The Troll bitches love Blood Elves and Goblins.

Although Incineratus isn't ideal as a healing priest. Tome of Light is better than Inner Sanctum, however so is Veiled Shadows. Spirit of Redemption is useful on heroic raiding content. I've never needed or used Blessed Resiliance. If I'm getting hit it's either cos its a wipe or its just general raid damage. 30% bonus healing won't make or break the fight. You don't need Glyph of renew, you won't be raid spamming it enough. It's too heavy a drain on mana and unless you're primarily a tank healer. It's minor, get Glyph of Guardian Spirit.

And I'd consider not breaking set bonus's with Int or Spirit.

Mines below my sig. Primary spec is holy. AA spec is for specific fights.

Edit: The Psychic Scream glyph was for heroic Cho'gall =P Ignore that.
    Last edited by Malania; 2011-05-26 at 03:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gear looks perfectly fine, nothing to complain about. Same about your spec, but I'd expected someone who claims Blessed Resilience isn't useful to take Desperate Prayer instead of Guardian Spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by Malania View Post
    Although Incineratus isn't ideal as a healing priest. Tome of Light is better than Inner Sanctum, however so is Veiled Shadows. Spirit of Redemption is useful on heroic raiding content. I've never needed or used Blessed Resiliance. If I'm getting hit it's either cos its a wipe or its just general raid damage. 30% bonus healing won't make or break the fight. You don't need Glyph of renew, you won't be raid spamming it enough. It's too heavy a drain on mana and unless you're primarily a tank healer. It's minor, get Glyph of Guardian Spirit.
    Incineratus is perfectly fine. I had the Nefarion Mace drop yesterday and all it would've done me is switch the Haste from Incineratus into Spirit, which I don't need.
    Tome of Light isn't better than Inner Sanctum and you can't really compare the two because they fill completely different functions. Some priests don't pick up Tome of Light because they don't use Holy Word: Sanctuary all that much and are never in Serenity in raids.
    Blessed Resilience is useful, because you will be getting hit and you will need healing after that.
    Veiled Shadows doesn't provide that much extra regen, unless your fights regularly take longer that 12 minutes.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

Deleted
    Pretty solid. Good luck getting them upgrades!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Gear looks perfectly fine, nothing to complain about. Same about your spec, but I'd expected someone who claims Blessed Resilience isn't useful to take Desperate Prayer instead of Guardian Spirit.

Incineratus is perfectly fine. I had the Nefarion Mace drop yesterday and all it would've done me is switch the Haste from Incineratus into Spirit, which I don't need.
    Tome of Light isn't better than Inner Sanctum and you can't really compare the two because they fill completely different functions. Some priests don't pick up Tome of Light because they don't use Holy Word: Sanctuary all that much and are never in Serenity in raids.
    Blessed Resilience is useful, because you will be getting hit and you will need healing after that.
    Veiled Shadows doesn't provide that much extra regen, unless your fights regularly take longer that 12 minutes.
    It's fine if regen isn't a consideration but this was for him, not you. I wasn't commenting on your gear. He might find regen a problem for some of the heroic fights. You really can compare if you're attempting to heal. 1 provides a throughput boost, the other doesn't. Fine if they don't use them much, but again you're speaking for yourself.

Resilience is a gray area. If its raid aoe the damage is usually equilised and aoe healing brings people up at a relatively equal rate, 30% healing is meh to that. And yes the content I'm on the fights can last longer than 12m. But I never said it wans't useful, just that I've never needed it.
    Last edited by Malania; 2011-05-26 at 06:33 PM.

It's fine if regen isn't a consideration but this was for him, not you. I wasn't commenting on your gear. He might find regen a problem for some of the heroic fights. You really can compare if you're attempting to heal. 1 provides a throughput boost, the other doesn't. Fine if they don't use them much, but again you're speaking for yourself.

Resilience is a gray area. If its raid aoe the damage is usually equilised and aoe healing brings people up at a relatively equal rate, 30% healing is meh to that. And yes the content I'm on the fights can last longer than 12m. But I never said it wans't useful, just that I've never needed it.
    Other than alakir what last's longer than 10 minutes? Not even sure alakir will go much past 10 in heroic. Sinestra is 7ish maloriak 11 if ur dps is slow like just getting into heroics, nef 10 on the dot omnotron 10 at max ...i just dont see too many fights going 12 minutes.

Deleted
    Veiled shadows is nice for those fights that are 6-7minute long, where you use the first minute or two once you're below 70% mana and then 4mins later a minute or so before the boss dies. There are surprisely many fights that fall into the 6-7minute category. Just to name a few; omnitron hc, magmaw hc, chimearon hc, valiona hc, ac hc, conclave hc, al akir hc. On fights that are shorter than 5 minutes or longer than 8minutes its rather pointless.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkshake86 View Post
    Other than alakir what last's longer than 10 minutes? Not even sure alakir will go much past 10 in heroic. Sinestra is 7ish maloriak 11 if ur dps is slow like just getting into heroics, nef 10 on the dot omnotron 10 at max ...i just dont see too many fights going 12 minutes.
    Cho lasts a good 10 easily.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping to get some opinions on my priest.

Few things to keep in mind;

- I'm still doing 5 mans.
    - Working on shoulder enchant (dammit why aren't they BoA?)
    - Professions still need work.
    - Some +hit items because I just didn't have anything better drop.

I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track when it comes to gemming and reforging choices.

I plan to join our alt raid team, which is going to be 10 man normals.

Thank you!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngtom/advanced
    Warlock (SL main)

Cho lasts a good 10 easily.
    id have to say your hitting 100% corruption at 10minutes ill give 9 with dps geared for the fight still 12 minutes hell not even alakir heroic lasts much more than 8 and a half.

Quote Originally Posted by Thundertom View Post
    Hoping to get some opinions on my priest.

Few things to keep in mind;

- I'm still doing 5 mans.
    - Working on shoulder enchant (dammit why aren't they BoA?)
    - Professions still need work.
    - Some +hit items because I just didn't have anything better drop.

I'm just wondering if I'm on the right track when it comes to gemming and reforging choices.

I plan to join our alt raid team, which is going to be 10 man normals.

Thank you!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ngtom/advanced
    Not to bad at all for your gear confused as to why your reforging master to haste then reforging more stuff to mastery tho. o.O

Keep at it.

new gear
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...k%C3%A8/simple
    Last edited by Milkshake86; 2011-05-27 at 07:44 PM.

yaya me again

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...s/nyn/advanced

well i stack mastery now dont know what's better for 10 man h if mastery or haste i stacked haste before i will try mastery now!..
    a friend told me use all +40 int gem , is this true? i should gem all int and 2 orange just for meta bonus ??

Hello!

I'm new to priests and healing in general, willing to get guru's advices.

Mainly running 5ppl, having no troubles. Nevertheless, experience some mana issues when raidhealing 10ppl, ending fights with close to null mana. Especially chimaeron, really don't understand how to heal on that encounter. Flash heal?

Thank you!

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/%D0%B0%D0%B7%D1%83%D1%80%D0%B5%D0%B3%D0%BE%D1%81/%D0%B3%D1%83%D0%BC%D0%BE%D1%87%D0%BA%D0%B0/advanced