Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nah View Post
    How about women RPing as men?
    same thing i dunno. im weird. :/

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Attaxor View Post
    You and your wrath newfag faggotry annoys the fuck out of old players.
    Why the rage? Chilllll, man. It's unseemly and rather childish to lash out in personal insults for no reason.

Anyway, not really. For one, I have played since late vanilla, not started in wrath - sorry for being oldfag, not newfag. I'd like to know in what way exactly being a raider on RP server is a "newfag faggotry"? It's not like I disturb RP or fuck around with people who enjoy it.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, I don't.
    I wouldn't, either.

I've taken a look at some of the RP realms. What you have are a plethora of Mary Sues/Marty Stus, where everyone is some half dragon/half non-Warcraft Race/half god - yes, that's three 'halves', or as I like to call them, thirds. (Don't ask me how three parental lineages work! I don't make this stuff up!)

Truth be told, it's actually kind of lame, and I'll reserve any creativity I have for role-playing for good old Dungeons & Dragons pencil & paper games with my friends. At least that way, I know I'm not trying to roleplay alongside Jetpack Ninja Dinosaur Robots, or Millionaire Cowboy Astronaut Rappers.

Deleted
    RP = Fail!

Used to RP a lot in Classic and BC, but it died with Wrath on my server so I lost the motivation and I haven't done it since then.

Every once in awhile I will break out a role play line for the heck of it even though I am not on an RP server. After a raid wipe on Atremedes the other night, as my dead body lie there I said the following in raid:

"Upon hearing terrible sounds emanating from the room, the priest enters slowly surveying the scene. He recognizes the scattered carcasses of his fellow guildies and the stench of dead Tauren (what no barbecue sauce?). Suddenly, feeling a hot breath wisping above his head, he looks up into the dead eyes of a mighty dragon, turns quickly and runs screaming from the room!"

Quote Originally Posted by seam View Post
    I've been wanting to, honestly.

But I'm afraid of making myself look like an idiot who has no idea what he's doing.
    Same here, I have before, but I'm not "fluent" in it. So I avoid it, just to prevent myself from looking really... really... idiotic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh I forgot to say what I actually do when I RP on servers : P

I don't have any reasonably leveled characters on RP servers so I just spend most of my RP time on WoW dressed up as a Scarlet Crusader chasing after Death Knights. It's pretty funny how some of them react : P

Deleted
    No, in my option wow should go more into an Esport direction not a RP one.

Occasionally i will solo RP.
    I get one of my toons in their rp set then go to a zone like duskwood or the blasted lands and pretend to be investigation something or on the trail of some big monster. I ind it relaxing and a nice break from the grind that everything els is in-game. Its one of the few things left in game you have complete control over and choice in

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    No, I don't.
    I wouldn't, either.

I've taken a look at some of the RP realms. What you have are a plethora of Mary Sues/Marty Stus, where everyone is some half dragon/half non-Warcraft Race/half god - yes, that's three 'halves', or as I like to call them, thirds. (Don't ask me how three parental lineages work! I don't make this stuff up!)

Truth be told, it's actually kind of lame, and I'll reserve any creativity I have for role-playing for good old Dungeons & Dragons pencil & paper games with my friends. At least that way, I know I'm not trying to roleplay alongside Jetpack Ninja Dinosaur Robots, or Millionaire Cowboy Astronaut Rappers.
    Then it was a terrible RP server as such RP is frowned upon

---------- Post added 2011-03-12 at 10:18 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Aterons View Post
    No, in my option wow should go more into an Esport direction not a RP one.
    So basically take the RP out of MMORPG?

Deleted
    I have never really RP'd, never plan of doing RP and never will RP.

That's my RP history and future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, but almost never on RP realms. All of my friends are on Greymane :/
    "No we. No one tells me what to do. I've got everything I need from you -- now the power is mine and mine alone. Now there is only I. I am the Lich King. And I am ready."

Quote Originally Posted by Atrea View Post
    No, I don't.
    I wouldn't, either.

King Gilgamesh of Mesopotamia from 4,500 years ago was the first to claim he was 2 thirds god and 1 third man (lol). He also claimed to have slain the dragons that threatened his people (these "dragons" were most likely enemy tribes). He was the first true blue self titled Mary Sue.

I'm on Wyrmrest Accord...of course I rp!

Deleted
    Sometimes.. although it makes me feel like an idiot when I get the 'wake up' raid call : )

I put on clothes in game, if it counts as somewhat RP. I RP being a Christmas elf sometimes... :P

Quote Originally Posted by Attaxor View Post
    You and your wrath newfag faggotry annoys the fuck out of old players.
    random anger chill out man. He likes the server no problem in that.
    I Just Herped All Over My Derp !

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Short answer: No.
    Long answer: No aside from the few times I get bored and decide to "taunt" bosses (being the tank) into hitting me harder or calling out random NPCs on various things when I'm with the guild.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Then it was a terrible RP server as such RP is frowned upon

---------- Post added 2011-03-12 at 10:18 PM ----------

So basically take the RP out of MMORPG?

It may be frowned upon by die-hard enthusiastics, but it seems to be par for the course.

As for your second comment...

"RPG" carries specific connotations that do not often necessitate 'role-playing' as a singular term.
    This is a very silly and tired argument, and I wish people would stop regurgitating it.