Rift raiding content

I'm thinking of buying rift and switching from wow to rift as my main game of choice. It looks pretty good so far, but I had a question about endgame content. Is is a raiding system like in wow? Are guilds usefull or do you have any incentive to join one? Do bosses at max level drop high quality gear and are there going to be patches extending or including new content? thanks again!

p.s. im just worried about leveling a character then not having anything to do.. (I really hate leveling)..

Its not like WoW I don't think. I saw a video and the raids are pretty much just larger RIFTS if I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    You do raid rifts before going into the actual raids. Not many people are doing raids atm, it's a little early for that.

http://www.riftjunkies.com/2010/12/1...ids-explained/
    Last edited by Droes; 2011-03-12 at 09:44 PM.

cant really expect to show up to the 'raid' rifts with pugs and expect to do well. must have a coordinated group. same for the heroics generally. all this is easier with a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by kkborang View Post
    cant really expect to show up to the 'raid' rifts with pugs and expect to do well. must have a coordinated group. same for the heroics generally. all this is easier with a guild.
    Just as it should be.

The developers mentioned that they have two additional raid instances quite far along. Paraphrasing but they said one of their main aims was to focus on having new content pretty quick out the gate post-launch.
    I'm in the "I don't have an obnoxiously large signature" club.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dotSeed View Post
    The developers mentioned that they have two additional raid instances quite far along. Paraphrasing but they said one of their main aims was to focus on having new content pretty quick out the gate post-launch.
    Rift currently has ALOT of PvE content on it's own, they shouldn't rush with new raiding content.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sorry if this is offtopic, but compared to wow, how big is rift? i mean geography wise, Wow was freaking HUGE back in BC, and now its only getting larger, so, how big is telara ( hope thats what its called )

Quote Originally Posted by Cepheid View Post
    I'm thinking of buying rift and switching from wow to rift as my main game of choice. It looks pretty good so far, but I had a question about endgame content. Is is a raiding system like in wow? Are guilds usefull or do you have any incentive to join one? Do bosses at max level drop high quality gear and are there going to be patches extending or including new content? thanks again!

p.s. im just worried about leveling a character then not having anything to do.. (I really hate leveling)..
    Yes to all of your questions.
    If you hate leveling there are only 50 levels and you level pretty quickly as long as you like kill and gather quests pretty much the whole way, of course there are some fun quests to break up the monotony. Also please post any RIFT topics in the RIFT thread.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Droes View Post
    Rift currently has ALOT of PvE content on it's own, they shouldn't rush with new raiding content.
    Dungeons which you've done pre 50?

And 1 raid with... 5! (gasp) bosses. Hoo yeah.

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 12:17 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dethh View Post
    Yes to all of your questions.
    If you hate leveling there are only 50 levels and you level pretty quickly as long as you like kill and gather quests pretty much the whole way, of course there are some fun quests to break up the monotony. Also please post any RIFT topics in the RIFT thread.
    Fun quests? After 35 they started to get so frustrating... Nothing compared to WoW, which indeed has entertaining quests. But if you loved Aion quests - ofcourse you'll be blown off by Rift's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    Sorry if this is offtopic, but compared to wow, how big is rift? i mean geography wise, Wow was freaking HUGE back in BC, and now its only getting larger, so, how big is telara ( hope thats what its called )
    I'd say the whole map is a bit bigger as Eastern Kingdoms or Kalimdor, theres less zones, but all zones are much bigger.
    Here's a map http://www.riftjunkies.com/2011/02/2...-level-ranges/

Quote Originally Posted by Deviltreh View Post
    Dungeons which you've done pre 50?

And 1 raid with... 5! (gasp) bosses. Hoo yeah.

---------- Post added 2011-03-13 at 12:17 AM ----------

Fun quests? After 35 they started to get so frustrating... Nothing compared to WoW, which indeed has entertaining quests. But if you loved Aion quests - ofcourse you'll be blown off by Rift's.
    You're not counting group and raid rifts, also how exacly were classic wow quests fun? Rift quests have more variation then classic wow had, which is enough for me.

There are currently very many people doing endgame content, and very many of them are hooked on the game. You can't deny that Rift is a great game.
    Last edited by Droes; 2011-03-12 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twilightdawn View Post
    It's not as big as WoW. There are 11 zones in total I believe, each is roughly twice the size of a WoW zone, or there abouts. However, without the inclusion of flying mounts, and the fact that you can traverse a lot more terrain (mountains aren't unscalable walls, you're meant to get up them!), one of the inland seas (or is it just a big lake?) is explorable, the game does feel pretty damned big

I read that there was much grief with the raid rifts. As in the opposite faction would taunt a raid rift boss over and over and pull them out far enough so they would reset, thus in return screwing up the other faction when they are trying to kill said boss. So raid rifts can be joined by anyone who wanders by and they can really screw you up..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I read that there was much grief with the raid rifts. As in the opposite faction would taunt a raid rift boss over and over and pull them out far enough so they would reset, thus in return screwing up the other faction when they are trying to kill said boss. So raid rifts can be joined by anyone who wanders by and they can really screw you up..
    I bet they'll fix this soon enough, making them only tauntable by the raid that opened the rift or something similar.
    Last edited by Droes; 2011-03-12 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moaradin View Post
    Its not like WoW I don't think. I saw a video and the raids are pretty much just larger RIFTS if I'm aware. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    10m are Rift raids, 20m are raid instances.

As far as OP's question, there is enough at 50 to keep you interested and playing, there will be more content added later on so there is nothing to worry about... it's a new game after all, you can expect hitting 50 and having 15 raids to choose from.

Leveling in the game is fine, 45-ish to 50 is a bit of a grind but it's not terribly bad. There is a guild leveling system, and a sort-of talent point tree that give the entire guild perks (kind of like the one Blizzard was going to add with Cataclysm, but instead went with perks off of levels only) Rift gives you a choice of which perk you want the guild to have.

People bashing the endgame need to realize it's a new game, WoW had what on release? 2 raids? One of which was only one boss. It took them ~7 months to release a 3rd raid (BWL). Of course Rift isn't going to have a ton of endgame content... it's just over a week old.

Quote Originally Posted by THoyt View Post
    People bashing the endgame need to realize it's a new game, WoW had what on release? 2 raids? One of which was only one boss. It took them ~7 months to release a 3rd raid (BWL). Of course Rift isn't going to have a ton of endgame content... it's just over a week old.
    You're comparing that to what came out in 2004...

When WoW released it took people months to max level and not days... People were very new to MMOs and wow did not hold your hand throughtout while leveling (map circles, linear quests, flying mounts, mankriks wife???). Very few were even able to kill Ragnaros before BWL came out. So there was no rush for BWL to come out really and no one was really waiting for BWL because there were so much to do in those months that no one was complaining at lack of content for those long months.

15+ Year Old Account
    See the existing general thread.