Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Heirlooms equal noob in the eyes of those who cannot obtain them?

Ive done quite a few low level random runs every once in a while. Just today our guild gained level 20 and heirloom helmet wohoo!
    Now this has happened before, but 2 people in the random called me and 2 of the dps noobs, and we all had heirlooms. now the tank itself didnt and "offtank" who was in tank gear and spec had maybe one heirloom and they were same of mind.

Both called us noobs right at the beginning of the dungeon....and you dont call healer a noob if you dont want to die, so the tank died cuz i stopped healing him. Then he whined some more. Eventually i said we can easily 3 man the dungeon while you 2 go away....obviously they didnt leave and we ended up 3 manning the whole cave while the obvious kids followed us.
    And the most disturbing thing...WE COULDNT KICK THEM????, everytime i tryied it said "that player can not be kicked for 2hr".
    Whats up with that?

These guys didnt say it straight that we are noobs cuz we have heirlooms, but i have heard people say so before...

Seriously im sick of this accusing when i just want to level up quicker cuz i find leveling boring. I dont say cataclysm sux but ive already leveled 2-3 characters and also did some quests on my main just for fun in low level zones so i believe i have the rights to boost my alts experience gain with heirlooms as i have earned them! by contributing for my guild's leveling and getting the money for such items.

A pic of what the maintank('offtank' is just wandering) did while letting us 3 man:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../retardkid.jpg

What do you guys say about heirlooms?

The fact you have heirlooms means you have mains who played long enough to get the heirlooms. The only comments I ever get about my hunter in full BOA gear is ..... I wish I had those BOA hunters ROCK!

I have 3 85s now and I have grown tired of the leveling. Maybe it was just the grind of getting all 3 there 1st now I dont want to level the other ones.

Deleted
    probably just jealousy. they cant get them so try to make it seem "cool" not to use them. just ignore it, complete the dungeon and requeue.

Sounds like you just made a bad situation worse by being a baby about it. Certain players are being extremely elitist over something you really shouldnt be competitive about, naaaaaaaaaaaaaw youre kidding me, thats NEVER happened before! Heirlooms make leveling easier than it already is, and theyre not at all necessary. You shouldnt be insulted because you dont have them but then again if you are it really says a lot about the person insulting you. Dont let it bother you.

After all the fuzz, you're still not naming and shaming them. My hat's off to you, sir.

I guess I would've just left the dungeon, and took the next group after 15 min. Or insulted them in a light way so that you get kicked.
    Such douchebags
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I've had heirlooms since I was overflowing with emblems from Naxx. I've never been called a noob for using them, but I had alot of the newer players ask where they drop from.

I gave up using them myself, part of the fun for me is actually getting new gear as you level up. The heirlooms just took that away since I had the same shoulders and weapon (this was pre-chest piece) from level 15 to 80. I would often keep them for PvP though since others who had them would rock you if you weren't using them

Anyway OT: When I have been playing lowbie alts and leveling in dungeons, I find the players with BoAs act like spoiled brats who don't feel the need to work with the group because they have/had a toon at the level cap. Like, you get dps who just run off and try killing targets that the tank hasn't aggroed, get dps who try tanking while the tank is getting ready, or healers who tell dps to not take damage or they won't get heals (I feel that one is a bit harsh since you often play with alot of new players).

If I ever say anything because they are disrupting a run, I often get called a noob for it by said players. Clearly because I have a low level alt who I choose not to wear heirlooms on, it means I don't know how to play at all. Right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Obviously some people don't know spit about heirloom items if they're calling you (or others) a noob for having them. [Sounds a bit like jealousy on their part actually, but not being there, it's just an armchair speculation.]

Regardless of how they were acquired (guild level, using the old Triumph badge conversion in Wrath or the current Justice Point system), you've obviously gotten at least one character to max level and been, at bare minimum, running the daylights out of normals to farm the points (or previously, badges) to buy the stuff. You were/are resourceful enough to want to take these items into account and seek them out, as generally they grant a stat advantage compared to normally available items (i.e., dungeon drops, crafted items, etc). This PLUS the combined boost in EXP gains means RESULTS. BGs, dungeons, questing all boosted to max your gains and minimize your downtime spent toying with Bejeweled = WIN.

Time is money, friend.

#FlightIsImportant

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanctify View Post
    Sounds like you just made a bad situation worse by being a baby about it. Certain players are being extremely elitist over something you really shouldnt be competitive about, naaaaaaaaaaaaaw youre kidding me, thats NEVER happened before! Heirlooms make leveling easier than it already is, and theyre not at all necessary. You shouldnt be insulted because you dont have them but then again if you are it really says a lot about the person insulting you. Dont let it bother you.
    you misunderstood his entire post.

he was talking about having heirlooms and being called a noob.
    Not being called a noob for having no heirlooms....

Deleted
    Can't everybody get heirlooms? It's not hard or anything. Some do it in less time, really depends on how much you play and what you want to buy, but you just need a main, really...

Also, heirlooms are great, they speed up levelling by a lot. I only get those that give bonus experience though.

Quote Originally Posted by Elathi View Post
    Be less pathetic, please.
    In low level dungeons noone can hear you scream!

EDIT: and btw the dungeon didnt get any harder when we 3 manned it. No probs whatsoever.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In response to the thread's title, no, it does not equal noob to the general player populace. Regarding the content of your post: you only made a poor situation worse. If he offended you so, drop the group, wait out the CD by doing quests or skilling up your professions, then re-queue. I did this a few times on a hunter that is in the same battlegroup. Queue times are still pretty good.

I think you let yourself get trolled.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    that's weird I've never had any one call me out on my boa gear. :/
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Amazing. You have nothing to do now that people who aren't you have cleared Ulduar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    PS: Pandas are awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Ive done quite a few low level random runs every once in a while. Just today our guild gained level 20 and heirloom helmet wohoo!
    Now this has happened before, but 2 people in the random called me and 2 of the dps noobs, and we all had heirlooms. now the tank itself didnt and "offtank" who was in tank gear and spec had maybe one heirloom and they were same of mind.

Both called us noobs right at the beginning of the dungeon....and you dont call healer a noob if you dont want to die, so the tank died cuz i stopped healing him. Then he whined some more. Eventually i said we can easily 3 man the dungeon while you 2 go away....obviously they didnt leave and we ended up 3 manning the whole cave while the obvious kids followed us.
    And the most disturbing thing...WE COULDNT KICK THEM????, everytime i tryied it said "that player can not be kicked for 2hr".
    Whats up with that?

These guys didnt say it straight that we are noobs cuz we have heirlooms, but i have heard people say so before...

Seriously im sick of this accusing
    when i just want to level up quicker cuz i find leveling boring. I dont say cataclysm sux but ive already leveled 2-3 characters and also did some quests on my main just for fun in low level zones so i believe i have the rights to boost my alts experience gain with heirlooms as i have earned them! by contributing for my guild's leveling and getting the money for such items.

A pic of what the maintank('offtank' is just wandering) did while letting us 3 man:
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../retardkid.jpg

What do you guys say about heirlooms?

Just a reminder, you ARE posting on MMO Champions. Not to be demeaning, or anything, but seriously if you are posting here in these forums about this, it would stand to follow that you 'hopefully' at least once in a while check the Blues. That being the case, there ARE solutions to situation like this. For one, why did you not just file an in game ticket on the to players in question, rather than just try to kick them? For another, if you had been up to date on the Blues, you would realize that over the past several months, there have been in increasing number of folks complaining to Blizzard about the miss-use of the kick player option in Instances. In several recent Blues this matter was addressed, and it was stated what changes to it were being implemented, including the one you speak of. This is NOT implying that you are one of those who has mis-used the Kick Player option in instances, however, because of those who have repeatedly mis-used it, the ability to kick in legitimate situations is no longer available. Seriously, 'slander' , which is what this falls under', is highly frowned upon by Blizzard and it IS against the ToS... Report them when you run into this kind of issue. Blizzard is ALWAYS telling people to submit a ticket for stuff like this. Don't even argue with the 'noob' who is mouthing off, just report them and the leave the matter up to Blizzard.

Does it always work...probably not, but at least it is an option to help take a stance against such stupidity as those players and their attitude about heirlooms. Obviously, they are the 'noobs', as if they were not, they would know that a 'noob' can't get their hands on such gear without at least one seasoned, high level player in their own account. Which would stand to show that that person could not be a 'noob'.

Quote Originally Posted by Pope View Post
    After all the fuzz, you're still not naming and shaming them. My hat's off to you, sir.

I guess I would've just left the dungeon, and took the next group after 15 min. Or insulted them in a light way so that you get kicked.
    Such douchebags
    I dont know their side of the votekick but if you read i couldnt kick them...2hr 'cooldown' or whatever the heck it is....

Low level dungeons especially can be even 2 manned by a healer and something who can tank and dps. So playing a team with the newer guys or the normal people in the grp is just the way to go. We can ditch the idiots to the next dumpster if they really beg it.

I only regret one thing for doing during that run, i ressed the tank when he died. *faceslap*
    I though that death would teach him how to behave but no :P

The 3 of us were in the same team so once those 2 guys started ninjapulling we didnt attack or anything, let them do their part of the dungeon now and they ran away but eventually they killed the punch or basicly the warrior soloed....pally just ran away and selfhealed.

Call me a douche but they begged for it, and since im the healer i have control over many things and i tend to punish people who act like that.
    Ive been called a noob many times in randoms no matter what reasons but most of the time im not the tank nor the healer. So i just have to live with it.
    But when im in an important role, its always a sweet revenge to all those people who cannot control their jealousy. >
    After all, Im not the person who cant behave like a normal person in the first place.

to the poster above: i did report them(7 hour waiting so no instant help) and the queue times are not 15 minute in the early morning on my server. Last night i was queued for 1 hour without a tank found.
    I do dungeons during the day too, but you do realise with a main i usually do his stuff during the day like raiding. So its not an option to stop queueing after midnight.
    Im not going to post on the official forums, ive posted not many times there but everytime ive done so the next day my topic is alrdy on the third page without a single replies. And i wanted opinions!
    And this situation have happened more than once, only this time it was 2 persons and we couldnt kick them AND they didnt kick me.
    Last edited by Otaka; 2011-03-13 at 01:11 AM.

if you don't have heirlooms you're a new player

new players from the past 3+ years do not believe in paying their dues, they want it all and want it all now and were given it all in wotlk

it's what you get when you pander to that audience, it's like giving a bratty kid his way, he'll just be bratty again next time he wants something

10+ Year Old Account
    I wish my guild was level 20...

But on topic, those people are just being dumb and I won't even pretend to know what goes through their heads when they spout shit like that. It's like saying, "What? You drive a car to work? I ride my bike. You're a such a noooob. hahaha."

For reals? 10% from the chest, 10% from the shoulders, 10% from the helm, 5% from the cloak, 5% from the ring (if you're lucky), and 10% from guild perks. A 50% bonus to exp? Pshaw.
    Look! Words!

10+ Year Old Account
    lol who cares ..wow .haha.. i dont even

someone called me a newb in randoms .. wtf who cares ...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sulmith greysin View Post
    new players from the past 3+ years do not believe in paying their dues, they want it all and want it all now and were given it all in wotlk
    You could have been playing from Vanilla Beta and still exhibit a poor attitude [aka being bratty] about things. Attitude is all about the person behind the character, not the gear strapped to the character's posterior.

#FlightIsImportant

just pull the freakin instance then leave

If they never specifically said you're a noob because of your herilooms (which sounds really, really suspicious) have you thought that maybe they just thought you were a noob for the way you played/spoke/specced/other gear/whatever else?

You say you've been called a noob before also, this makes me think it really has nothing to do with your herilooms since it's happened more than once and once is already hard enough to believe. As you can see from the posts here, people don't really think herilooms are for noobs, and most have never heard of anyone thinking that way.

Also, they made it so that the more frequent you are with your kicks, the less you can do it. So the only way you would have gotten that message is if you have been kicking people recently. Was that the case?

EX - <PIE CHART> US TOP 10 Check 'em out http://piechart-guild.com/