Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    your number 23... you claim blizzard killed all the fun in the game? by looking at what you wrote, you would be killing all the fun...

for one, life grip is part of a fun equasion... it gives you space to work with your immagination... if you know how to use it, why wouldnt you?
    using lay on hands on the flag carrier? control the ret paladin (or holy or prot)...

sincerely, PvE player
    Dragons don't really care if you abuse mechanics or bugs =P Players do.

Deleted
    I am approving you.

The thing about Lifegripping is like, Let's say WSG that everyone is familiar with. You have 3 Discs, 1 mage/protwarr/goblin. You want the priests + the jumper to attack, u have one priest jumping into the flag, lifegripping a mage there, the mages blinks down the tunnel,getting chain gripped by 2 priests, and hes already halfway home. This have been exploited so much, It's WAY too powerful. Also the camping on the roof is silly unless ur playing alot of druids/rogues that stealth,sap, & Zerg@smokebombspam

Mr. Gambini?
    Yes sir?
    That is a lucid, intelligent, well thought-out objection
    Thank you, sir.
    Overruled.

^basically discribes it. You raise some very good points and present a great argument that will not be listened to... Sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    people who play mmos shouldnt give a shit about competitive gameplay, go play sc2 or counter-strike
    mmos are about gathering and investing time in a game
    and by the way im not kidding u but i think u are joking

"people love arena because its competitive" Lol´d, competitive in WoW always meant being better than another player,not measuring and actually arena is not represented in any important league beside blizzards own unimportant ladder. another argument why arena isnt fun is the fact that it will never be fun to all players caused by heavy balance problems and talent trees that haver never been avaiable for "competitive gameplay" as u call it due to the fact they are major flops in pvp generally(owl for example).
    Then again there are people like me who have more fun when I'm not facerolling opposing teams. When I find a team that has the same skill level as mine and we can go at it for quite a while, that's when I really start to have fun in arena.

All your class-related arguments are simply not convincing. You seem to want X to not have any advantage over Y, even though in a BG it's more a fight between XKZA and YMNB, not just X and Y. The spells classes can use right now are just fine.

Being able to use lay on hands is really dumb. I have no major issues with other spells, but lay on hands is way too strong. Full instant heal? Come on. How can you argue that's ok in a competitive setting when no other class has something even halfway comparably good?

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    I haven't even been in a rated bg yet, and I was excited about it when I first heard of them. I think that a person should be able to single queue for them instead of having to be in a premade.
    I agree. I know a lot of people who would gladly single queue for rated BGs, if they could. As with raiding guilds, people are having trouble finding a PvP guild. A lot of it comes down to the elitist attitude, and ridiculous stipulations....applications, interviews, ratings, etc.

I think it's just that rated BGs should be an option for anyone. Of course, a guild group would do much better than a random, but there seems to be no reason why everyone can't be involved in a part of the game that they too pay for.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    I would absolutely love to have two different armor sets and possibly bonuses to give a little "customization" to the gear. I think it would be cool to have some bonuses that helped in bgs and some in arenas. I think that would be really interesting. Of course I also think more than 2 piece and 4 piece should exist but maybe thats just me

---------- Post added 2011-03-14 at 06:47 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gahgoots View Post
    I agree. I know a lot of people who would gladly single queue for rated BGs, if they could. As with raiding guilds, people are having trouble finding a PvP guild. A lot of it comes down to the elitist attitude, and ridiculous stipulations....applications, interviews, ratings, etc.

I think it's just that rated BGs should be an option for anyone. Of course, a guild group would do much better than a random, but there seems to be no reason why everyone can't be involved in a part of the game that they too pay for.
    If they fixed in game voice chat so it was really good this would be AWESOME. But then again so would any pug including randoms and such because you could have all of the benefits of being on vent without the annoyance of finding a server. And I would absolutely love to queue for these bgs alone or with 1/2 other friends. I don't really want to queue with many more than that.

On the point numbered 12:

Not letting horde v. horde due to lore is silly. Especially given how long ago all but 2! of the battlegrounds took place lore wise. Using lore as an excuse for those is backward.

A VERY easy solution to it? Make the battle grounds run by third party figures, IE venture Co, the consortium, the specific factions ALREADY running them. Hire 10 player characters as a mercenary group and change the bases to be green versus yellow. The only real lore issue you run into is with twin peaks and gilnaeas, which would just take a little bit of jury rigging lore wise to fit the scheme.

This would utterly banish random queue times as well as rated to a lesser extent.

O yea and juse to throw it out there since this is my first post here on MMO, let the 4 expansion races choose their side. Lore reasons for worgen are backward to begin with, draenai are from the same planet as some of the horde, blood elves joined horde due to some treacherous alliance, and goblins are in it for the money, babeh!

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Idria View Post
    Death grip has 35 sec cd by default and can be talented down to 25 sec and range can be glyphed to 35 yards, while Leap of Faith has a cd on 1.5 min and 40 yards
    And? A Mage can Blink every 25 seconds by default, no idea if there is a talent to reduce it's CD. Essentially the same kind of thing as Death Grip, only you are moving the target from you as opposed to the target being pulled towards you.

Quote Originally Posted by Holyana View Post
    I haven't even been in a rated bg yet, and I was excited about it when I first heard of them. I think that a person should be able to single queue for them instead of having to be in a premade.
    That would be just like doing a random pug arena. If you let ppl que up on their own then all the ppl that would normally que for normal bgs would just que for rated since the rewards are so much higher. Sure it sucks when you are 1 short for your 10 or 15 but its way better then watering down the system by letting everyone que as they plz.

Ppl get pissed when ppl bot or are afk in normals it would cause a few nerd ragers to kill ppl if it happend in rateds also.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

These aren't "Core Problems", it's a laundry list of very specific (and highly arguable) things that you think the devs should do. The fact that nothing in the list is any kind of overall generalized design flaw suggests that rated BG's just need minor tweaks if anything. The fact that #1 on the list is Lay on Hands also immediately screamed "QQ" to me.

I actually agree on almost all of this - also my opinion is that RBG takes no skill compared to stepping inside the arena.