Thread: DBM do need it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's something usefull that doesn't hurt to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Synexlol View Post
    To be completely honest I don't think there's many people atm who would get through raids without DBM. People will say that they don't need DBM, but raid mechanics now are very complex, much more so than in Vanilla. I would probably adapt and be able to manage without it, but I would not be able to play at the same level I currently do.
    Yup.

Add to that that most (ie : the VAST majority) of the people claiming that "they don't need it" and are at X/13 in raids wouldn't be able to do jack shit without their RL calling off EVERYTHING on vent/ts, said RL obviously using a BossMod for that, so it's pretty much hypocritical and false.

It's not "mandatory" but it can be a big help, specially if you tailor it to suits your need and to get the visual/sound alerts where they are easy to see for you and easily recognized too.
    BigWigs is nice too, but afaik, DBM is the only one with a cd tracker in it.
    There is oRA3 that bundle one too but i find it not useful, and RaidCooldows doesn't work anymore (though someone seems to be working on it to make it work so it can be useful to check out).

There was Deus Vox Encounters at some point, but it seems the guild stopped maintaining it for whatever reason (or just not releasing it to public anymore) and so it's not accurate for Cata.