WoW Machinimal Tool legal?

Hello everyone, first of all I wasnt sure where to post this topic so move it if it's placed at the wrong place.
    I've been looking for a WoW Machinimal tool for a while, however I've a few question about it. It is legal to use it on the live servers, or do you need a private server?
    If it is legal on live servers, do you know a good WoW Machinimal Tool program?
    Thank you for the help.

perhaps you should first specify what exactly this tool does. i am not really familiar with it and there isnt a whole lot of info on the web about it

Deleted
    It detaches the camera from your character, allowing you to move it freely. It's borderline technically, but I haven't seen anybody banned for using it.

Deleted
    Should be bannable, since it can be used in PvP to spy and scout areas and to find enemies locations without having you to run there.

As long as you don't abuse its functionality, you should be safe to go. Using it since WoTLK for boss previews / raid vids and haven't got banned yet.

Pretty sure it states on the WoW Machinima Tool's website that it is in fact illegal to use. However, not heard of a single incident where someone has got banned for using it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghoulthaz View Post
    Should be bannable, since it can be used in PvP to spy and scout areas and to find enemies locations without having you to run there.
    Actually, you cannot see past the client's render distance.
    (Or rather, you can see terrain, but any objects/players are not spawned).

Quote Originally Posted by Raigen View Post
    As long as you don't abuse its functionality, you should be safe to go. Using it since WoTLK for boss previews / raid vids and haven't got banned yet.
    Which program do you use, and can you give me the download link perhaps?
    Cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flelitta View Post
    Which program do you use, and can you give me the download link perhaps?
    Cheers
    This seems interesting. I'd enjoy using it to preview our boss kills. Please do link.

IMO it aint worth the risk.

Deleted
    It might be an idea to post this question on official forums, that's the only way you will get an official response. You won't get banned for asking.
    Otherwise, roll shaman/hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    You should send a support ticket and get a response from a GM. If they allow, go for it.

It's the best way to be safe

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Not really, the GM's have little to nothing to do with actually checking for violations of ToS/EULA.

They're often wrong when asked "Is x legal?" type questions (and my friends who are WoW GM's hate being asked those questions).

Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    Not really, the GM's have little to nothing to do with actually checking for violations of ToS/EULA.

They're often wrong when asked "Is x legal?" type questions (and my friends who are WoW GM's hate being asked those questions).
    Fortunately it's not about what he hates. It's about helping players answer their questions, if he's not fit for doing that then maybe he should consider if being a GM is right ffor him.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    THEY hate those questions because, honestly, it's not their job to answer those questions. They are Game Masters, whose job is to deal with in-game petitions about "stuck" mobs, "stuck" characters, advertisers, spammers, farmers, and other things (ie, those things that the in-game tool suggests you make GM petitions about).

They are _NOT_ taught about whether certain software/addons violate the TOS/EULA, because it's not their department to know about that, that information is handled by another department that doesn't actually have customer contact except in specific instances. Even many of those things that petitions are submitted about (spamming, farming, and botting) are immediately passed on by the GM's to another department, which takes care of them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Taryble View Post
    THEY hate those questions because, honestly, it's not their job to answer those questions. They are Game Masters, whose job is to deal with in-game petitions about "stuck" mobs, "stuck" characters, advertisers, spammers, farmers, and other things (ie, those things that the in-game tool suggests you make GM petitions about).

They are _NOT_ taught about whether certain software/addons violate the TOS/EULA, because it's not their department to know about that, that information is handled by another department that doesn't actually have customer contact except in specific instances. Even many of those things that petitions are submitted about (spamming, farming, and botting) are immediately passed on by the GM's to another department, which takes care of them.
    I just want to quote this for truth. A lot of people seem to think they can ask a GM anything and expect an accurate answer. They (are supposed to) know how to reimburse items, correct other item/loot related issues, fix bugged NPCs and players, and that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lombra View Post
    I just want to quote this for truth. A lot of people seem to think they can ask a GM anything and expect an accurate answer. They (are supposed to) know how to reimburse items, correct other item/loot related issues, fix bugged NPCs and players, and that's about it.
    Actually they can help you out with account related issues too, I accidentially threw a gamecard on the wrong battle.net account and a GM was able to remove it and put it on the intended one. I just had to answer security answers etc.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    If you phone in, you're not talking to GM's, you're talking to Account Services - the customer-contact portion of the department that does 90% of what people THINK the GM's do. :-)