Poll: Did you like Dragon age 2?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Really fucking awesome combat system, story telling wise its brilliant, 9/10.... playing it on nightmare

Deleted
    No. It was shitty shitty fuck fuck.

Cut-scenes were extremely annoying. Graphics were mediocre. The combat was good though..

Deleted
    I loved it... Its an amazing game imo. I really enjoyed the first too, and I Just feel like the Dragon Age universe is a great fantasy setting.

Just received my copy today. First impression: graphics stayed almost at the same level as in DAO, but currently I'm not able to run it on Very High without noticeable slowdowns (and that's on GTX580). Couldn't have optimized the game better.

Quote Originally Posted by ZombifiedRob View Post
    Very good point.
    Dark Messiah combat in an open world, stealthy assassin bro here. Can't wait.
    Stop calling yourself bro.

Quote Originally Posted by fableman View Post
    Just received my copy today. First impression: graphics stayed almost at the same level as in DAO, but currently I'm not able to run it on Very High without noticeable slowdowns (and that's on GTX580). Couldn't have optimized the game better.
    The DX11 engine is terrible

A joke of a game.

Love it!

One thing i must point as a major improve from DAO is the "talent trees" they are simple but awesome i even prefer them to the wow ones, no more "i have to take this sh*ty ability, that i will never use, just to spend my point" now you can spend points to improve abilities that you really like.

Another thing wow or other mmo/rpg in the making could see fit to use is the way they design the icons of the abilities, they made shapes for diferent kind of spells, its very intuitive when you look at your action bar after you learn it.
    example:

Diamond icons represent active talents that have an instant effect. In wow Fireball.

Hexagon icons are sustained abilities(buffs or auras) that can be turned on and off. In wow Crusader Aura or Blessing of Kings.

Circle icons represent passive abilities that add a permanent bonus. In wow Meditation or Vengeance.

They went to a better designed game in a smart simple way, some say it's less rpg, i say it's a better game.
    Last edited by Elween; 2011-03-14 at 06:01 PM.

Better than Origins. But god dam the premium content is a sick joke. Also had problems with freezing. Still though the game was nice combat was tons of fun. Kind of getting bored with games relying on DLC to finish up the main story though.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Definately not as good as the 1st one, dissapointing it at all takes place within 1 or 2 zones too, the game needed to bake for another year and was quite clearly rushed out the door, much to the displeasure of a lot of Bioware staff.

However still a very good game.

Quote Originally Posted by Nodrim View Post
    A joke of a game.
    A joke of a comment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Played the demo, it was fun, but I wasn't impressed. I was hoping that with smoothing out of the roughness of the previous game, DA2 would grow beyond it's predecessor, and it didn't feel that way. That...and I hate "playing through the story as it's told" games. I get BioWare does cliche...but this is cliche cliche!

Overall i really liked it. The combat changes on consoles was a huge improvement, the characters were interesting, and the graphics/artstyle was great. Also, i loved the narrative they used, where it goes back and forth between Varric's story.

I only had two concerns.
    1. You kind of get tired of the same 6 or 7 zones that they use over and over and over again.
    2. The story, while good, didn't feel as "epic" as it did in origins. While the mages vs templar conflict is really interesting, you weren't saving the entire world from evil like the first one. Also, it's broken up into 3 parts, and they're not really linked together very well until the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Played the demo, it was fun, but I wasn't impressed. I was hoping that with smoothing out of the roughness of the previous game, DA2 would grow beyond it's predecessor, and it didn't feel that way. That...and I hate "playing through the story as it's told" games. I get BioWare does cliche...but this is cliche cliche!
    The demo doesn't give a fair presentation of the actual game.

i loved it got it on tuesday when amazon had it for 40 bucks is the exiled prince dlc worth it?
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc-...A-wvKAaFacq_gA
    Check out my youtube channel for WoW lore videos and more!

Knight Commander Meredith + new Flemeth (Kreia), epic story with open ending, nice game!

10+ Year Old Account
    My biggest issue is that there was no overwhelming mission to solve. The story seemed like three separate games with some minor tie ins. In Origins you were doing a bunch of different things, going to different lands and such, but it was all for one goal, to wtfpwn the Archdemon. In DA2 the Mage vs Templar fight is the main goal but you don't really get into the dirty of it til the last act. The first two seem almost like training zones.

Overall I like the game, however.

Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho View Post
    This poll just points out that the people who actually disliked the game are the loud minority, just like the drunkards on the street corner that get attention by throwing beer bottles.
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but how can you say someones loud mouthing on a forum, just because they take the time to explain why they didn't like something doesn't mean its being yelled. The game as an experience is perceived differently by everyone, since its a poll and a public forum everyones entitled to an opinion. That doesn't mean you have to like it or support it.
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Overall I liked it, but a few things really dissapointed me, the worst being re-using maps for supposedly different locations over and over.

I loved it
    Ben Kenobi "This isn't the signature you are looking for."