Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For avoiding the one shot have whoever your second tank for the rest of the dungeon taunt after he picks up the MT. they should have the armor to survive the stray hit even in a DPS spec/gear, this is asumeing that he isnt going up on the head. If for some reason you cant do that any plate wearer standing in melee will do, he does not always melee but if he picks a clothie it will often oneshot.

Cant avoid haveing adds spawn at a bad time, its just the way the timers line up. make sure you have all your ranged blast them fast you should have a few seconds to kill while the chains are being applied. One way I've found that works if your folks cant move well is park them all right up on the edge of the boss and leave 1 ranged out to draw fire from the pillars. Hunter is ideal, drop a slow and any other asortment of traps where your standing and move as the pillar spawns. Boomkin works to use the mushrooms to slow them. Mages are also a viable option. as long as they stay out at near max range to be healed and dont fail at dodgeing there is plenty of time to kill the adds before they reach the group.

I will never understand why people use 2 tanks on a fight that only requires 1.

Quote Originally Posted by bloody251 View Post
    So, my my raiding group has a lot of issues with magmaw. Idk why. Sometimes when we get to phase 2 the adds spawn and we waste too much time killing them , sometimes when he uses mangle on me he falls on the ground (after the dust thing) and then he targets a random person and 1 shots him/her (i have to count to 5 then hand of reckoning to avoid it). We are gonna try this: let the hunter bring his turtle pet and MD him then spam multi shot on worms.

Can anyone tell me if the MD thing works and how to avoid worms spawning in phase 2?

Ps: They spawn 2 secs before we get in phase 2.

Just make sure everyone other than the tank is out of melee range after a head phase.

We had this problem our first few tries but quickly figured out a melee only boss can't hit anyone outside of melee range! =D

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Our comp: 2 tanks, 3 heals, 3 mdps, 2 rdps

Paladin tanks Magmaw (class is irrelevant, but we have a paladin on our team)
    Warrior tanks all worms (victory rush, blood & thunder and spell reflect for the spit make this a joke)

All dps & heals stack on left side of Magmaw, very close to edge.
    Pally tank on right side, very close to edge.
    Warrior out in the middle, waiting.

3 seconds before each pillar goes off, our hunter steps into melee range, waits for pillar to go off, then takes 2 steps back into range for bow.

Periodically our OT calls for rdps burn on the worms. There's no set pattern to this, just when he's starting to feel overwhelmed.

Tank & DPS/Heal groups swap on steam.

We priest-bubble our top dps just before he stands up (usually me), coupled with self-defensive CD's by that same person... solves the stand-up-one-shot issue... and yes it's predictable. Just look at Omen/Skada/Recount.

Blow hero when the head is down, if you use it at all.

Proper execution makes the fight a joke.

^^^ can be done easily with pugs, and requires 0 kiting by anyone.

Magmaw was a severe pain in the ass for my guild as well, we couldn't down him at all due to low dps on the adds. This worked for us and it really is the easiest way so long as your healers are up to par. Oh speaking of healers, you'd need 3 healers for this strat.

My guild tanks the adds and all dps is on Magmaw 100% of the time. All dps and heals are in melee range of the boss. I'm not sure what classes are good for it, but I'd say warriors are the best at tanking them. I am a warrior tank and I'm the one that kills the adds. Basically you need to kite them around, AoE stun them if you can, keep dots on the to hold aggro, and pick up any stragglers after they spawn off you. High stam helps on this since the parasite damage can't me mitigated. You will get adds on you, even my warrior does, but it doesn't matter so long as you pick them up before they get to the healers.

It is worth a shot to see if you guys can pull it off.
    Devils used to be gods, angels that fell from the top.

Quote Originally Posted by M_10
    I once said "brb [posessive noun] [noun] [verb] [preposition] [article] [noun]." That group was probably confused.

15+ Year Old Account
    Melee need to run out from melee range so they don't get 1shot on the transitions
    A frost dk could just kite the adds forever, or you slow/snare them and kill them.

In a 10m, having someone switch to a DK is best.

R.I.P. YARG

I just solo the worms as a prot warrior. Works fine (for reg, anyway).
    /shrug