recount vs skada

Hey, I was wondering if anyone had any useful / interesting exports of different auras they use for Cata boss debuffs such as Lightning rod (chain lightning) on council. I am hoping to compile a list of useful strings for all the bosses. Thanks in advance ! Heres two that I took from the web that I use for council that I find very helpful (found in some priest blog , would give them credit but I am too tired to remember the name =P)

Lightning Rod: (Twilight Ascendants/Ascendant Council)

Version:4.9; b:0.2196; anim1:4; icon:inv_rod_enchantedcobalt; buffname:Lightning Rod; r:0.8784; begin:3; bufftype:2; texture:34; aurastext:!; sound:10; aurastextfont:3; size:0.56; y:216; texmode:2; finish:0; timer.h:1.22; timer.enabled:true; timer.cents:false; timer.Relative:CENTER

Waterlogged: (Twilight Ascendants/Ascendant Council)

Version:4.9; b:0.9804; anim1:4; icon:INV_Elemental_Primal_Water; buffname:Waterlogged; begin:3; bufftype:2; texture:0; aurastext:Waterlogged! Find Fire!; owntex:true; sound:10; aurastextfont:3; size:0.45; y:166; texmode:2; finish:0

recount vs skada

Hey all, there's a pretty hot debate going on in my guild over meters. We're on heroic modes for 8/12 so we have regs on farm for alts and new raiders. Needless to say, the dps dick measuring is getting fierce. Lately there has been some disagreement over skada vs recount for accuracy. Does anyone know how or why the two are different? There is some disagreement among individual users of each, i.e. no two recounts are identical, but why are the skada people usually different from the recounts?

Any info is much appreciated. Thx

Deleted
    Don't really know, but I prefer Skada as it's lightweight. Recount often crashes my client.

First off, you should ignore "dps" and focus entirely on "damage done". DPS calculations are estimates at best and are very subject to how you measure time in combat (which is different between Recount and Skada).

It is my general understanding that Recount is considered to be more accurate when tracking damage done because it syncs between people (so you get access to the combat logs of the whole raid). However, I know that it has problems tracking things like Shadow Priests' Shadow Apparitions, but I was under the impression that was a combat log issue (so wouldn't be solved by Skada). If you are tracking only your own damage done, I think the two meters are equivalent.

Skada for me thanks. It's lighter then either Recount or Omen, and does the job of both.

Sorry I can't help with discussions of accuracy, but I play on a laptop and every clock cycle counts. I can tell you that while nobody ever exactly matches (Recount and Skada users alike) the differences have never been so large as to make me feel one is superior to the other in this regard.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Blizzard is a conglomerate that through lower sub numbers has raised revenue. They're not stupid, they're just not catering to you.
    Yes yes, I know, the sky just bonked you on the head, casuals are taking over the government, and some baddie just got a raid drop... I think you'll live.

http://darisdroppings.wordpress.com

Deleted
    besides all accuracy i use skada because it can display me dps/hps and threat simultaneously with one addon whioch i find really neat.

i used recount for years till i started using skada, i;ll never go back

reasons i like skada:
    1. you can have multiple data windows open at the same time. i show healing on top and damage on bottom both can be manipulated seperately and you can change what each window shows on the fly

2. skada is very extremely lightweight

3. skada has absorbs+healing built in so on my DK tank i get to see my blood shield numbers along with my healing numbers

4. skada's info window is less obtrusive to navigate

something that i dont like in skada is i cant seem to open detailed windows. with recount i could click on my name and it would open a window showing all my attacks, their numbers, and misses, etc. with skada i cant seem to get that kind of functionality

Deleted
    If you'd read the stickies, you'd have found this thread, in which the question you're asking is explained.