Thread: Kitty PvP help

Deleted

Angry Kitty PvP help

Hey Guys,

I recently decided to start doing arenas (2v2 mainly, disco/kitty combo) as a kitty...I am finding the following classes difficult to deal with...any advise?

1. Resto Shammy: These guys I am finding VERY hard to deal with in arena's I just NEVER seems to be able to burn them all the way down before my partner gets downed.
    2. Resto Druids: Same story...Never seem to loose mana. If I do manage to scare the druid, they just pop tree form = my game ruined. If I do try to peel away the dps from my healer, I just get cc'd unbelievably loads.
    3. Holydins: Although they have less cc abilities, they almost always stay full mana + I seem to almost not phase them with my damage output.

Now each fight we approach differently, but 90% of the time it doesn't make a difference who I tag (them or their partner), these 3 classes I really struggle with, I do try to cc as much as I can but it just doesn't seem to favour us. Any advise from fellow kitty pvpers

Regards,

P.S. I am fully bloodthirsty geared + Darkling Staff(Hc) and my weapon (130 agil ench on it). I also mainly gemmed agil + mastery.
    Last edited by mmocf1ab9bdbb4; 2011-03-15 at 01:37 AM.

Stay on dps, your slows will help your healer kite, thus using less mana, every instant cyclone you can get it off on the enemy healer, be sure to keep bleeds up, and savage roar.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Versedian View Post
    Stay on dps, your slows will help your healer kite, thus using less mana, every instant cyclone you can get it off on the enemy healer, be sure to keep bleeds up, and savage roar.
    hmmm.... Never really popped Savage Roar in arenas as I didnt think it was worth wasting CP's on

Deleted
    u should never be attacking these u should be attacking there partners and manaburning/cycloning healers

10+ Year Old Account
    Savage Roar if you're switching targets at ranged, Rip if you're switching in melee range.

Stay on the DPS, instant cyclone the healer, have your healer help in CC chains, make their healer blow CD's.

For Restoration Druids, I find swapping back and forth with whoever doesn't have Lifeblooms up works quite well to oom them, although it takes some time.

Holy Paladins I recommend you just ignore them, they are stupid OP at this point, as are Restoration Shamans, and since your partner is dying, simply focus the DPS so your partner can kite, instant CC with cyclones.
    Thanks to JustintimeSS for the amazing signature.

Agree, off the start u really shouldnt be on any of these targets........but here goes som advice

Resto shaman / dps combo = kill the dps, make sure to pop beserk off the start ull understand why in a minute. Have your priest Dot the shaman , this forces the shamans grounding totem away, leaving him open to be feared by your priest..... once the shaman is out of fear by now u should have a five stack of points aka (if the dps isnt a hunter or mage) feral kitty charge, pounce, ravage, mangle,rake, tigers fury, shred, rip.....its at this tiem the shaman will just be getting out of fear, at this point cyclone him.....Once cyclone is ready your priest should be timing it perfectly to mind control the shaman soon as hes out of clone.....After u did that first clone u pop beserk and should be getting your target to nearly dead accept instead of using rip use ferocious bite, this time use the cyclone on your target ur dpsing......This keeps your target at low health and getting no heals....its at this point you should hard cast a cyclone on the shaman (announce it so your priest can dot shaman to take away grounding totem) and continue your dps on the target.....once shamans out of clone your priests fear should be up.

That is if all goes well and you can manage to keep the dps off your healer and focus on you......now if your having a hard time keepin him off the healer you should be using your instant spells for rooting the target while your healer line of sights the dps to force mana burns on the shaman. Remember at all times that the shaman or class u may be on will have interupts and your priest should be casting mind control or a shadow spell to force them to interupt, leaving the priest free to cast holy spells.

This strategy pretty much works against all 3 of your problems accept for resto druids and holy pallys your going to want to wait until they use bubble, and tree form and then use beserk when its over and line up your ccs with your priesty partner.

Remember its ok if the resto druid CC's you as root and hibernate can be dispelled make sure ur calling out to be dispelled.....cyclone is the only huge interupt they really have, but if the druids smart hell be trying to cc your priest more to avoid being mana burned or mind controlled or feared. Not to mention him taking the time to CC you means hes not healing his partner

Also to stay ahead of the mana game when your healer is at roughly 70% of mana pick the target that can dispell your innervate and cyclone them and pop innervate on your healer....if there are two dispell classes have ur priest fear the other one.......This keeps u guys ahead on the mana game not to mention by the time your healer is down to 50-70% mana again your innervate should be up/

Something alot of druids tend to forget or say its gimp ALWAYS use thorns on yourself if the dps is on you or your healer if hes getting trained....it may be roughly 1500 damage each time they hit your thorn target but trust me 3-6 hits thats 4500-9000 damage easily if your up agaisnt a melee dps....Ive literally watched as ill get cc'd but my rips will keep ticking on a low target and because the person line of sights their healer at to low of health thorns will kill them....im still trying to get it on fraps as its hilarious.......(finally got a video of me killing a mage while cc'd because the last tick of my rip goes off and he los's his healer around the grave tomb cant waint to edit it and throw it up on youtube)
    Last edited by druidonroids; 2011-03-15 at 06:21 AM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by druidonroids View Post
    Also to stay ahead of the mana game when your healer is at roughly 70% of mana pick the target that can dispell your innervate and cyclone them and pop innervate on your healer....if there are two dispell classes have ur priest fear the other one.......This keeps u guys ahead on the mana game not to mention by the time your healer is down to 50-70% mana again your innervate should be up
    well, i don't know about you but my innervate gains.. i would guess around 5k mana and yeah i know, every bit matters.. but by the time innervate is ready again, your healer is not gonna be on 50-70% mana (50%, ok.. but 70%? he had to cast literally just fear and his dots + few spells for that one to pull off) that is, if the other team doesn't suck.. naturally
    Last edited by dasyan; 2011-03-15 at 06:21 AM.
    Tirion has joined the guild
    [Guild][Tirion]: /brofist
    [Guild][Bolvar]: /brofist
    Tirion has left the guild
    [Guild][Audinwyrnn]: The fuck was that ?
    [Guild][Bolvar]: Dont worry about it kid

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by druidonroids View Post
    Agree, off the start u really shouldnt be on any of these targets........but here goes som advice

Resto shaman / dps combo = kill the dps, make sure to pop beserk off the start ull understand why in a minute. Have your priest Dot the shaman , this forces the shamans grounding totem away, leaving him open to be feared by your priest..... once the shaman is out of fear by now u should have a five stack of points aka (if the dps isnt a hunter or mage) feral kitty charge, pounce, ravage, mangle,rake, tigers fury, shred, rip.....its at this tiem the shaman will just be getting out of fear, at this point cyclone him.....Once cyclone is ready your priest should be timing it perfectly to mind control the shaman soon as hes out of clone.....After u did that first clone u pop beserk and should be getting your target to nearly dead accept instead of using rip use ferocious bite, this time use the cyclone on your target ur dpsing......This keeps your target at low health and getting no heals....its at this point you should hard cast a cyclone on the shaman (announce it so your priest can dot shaman to take away grounding totem) and continue your dps on the target.....once shamans out of clone your priests fear should be up.

That is if all goes well and you can manage to keep the dps off your healer and focus on you......now if your having a hard time keepin him off the healer you should be using your instant spells for rooting the target while your healer line of sights the dps to force mana burns on the shaman. Remember at all times that the shaman or class u may be on will have interupts and your priest should be casting mind control or a shadow spell to force them to interupt, leaving the priest free to cast holy spells.

This strategy pretty much works against all 3 of your problems accept for resto druids and holy pallys your going to want to wait until they use bubble, and tree form and then use beserk when its over and line up your ccs with your priesty partner.

Remember its ok if the resto druid CC's you as root and hibernate can be dispelled make sure ur calling out to be dispelled.....cyclone is the only huge interupt they really have, but if the druids smart hell be trying to cc your priest more to avoid being mana burned or mind controlled or feared. Not to mention him taking the time to CC you means hes not healing his partner

Also to stay ahead of the mana game when your healer is at roughly 70% of mana pick the target that can dispell your innervate and cyclone them and pop innervate on your healer....if there are two dispell classes have ur priest fear the other one.......This keeps u guys ahead on the mana game not to mention by the time your healer is down to 50-70% mana again your innervate should be up/

Something alot of druids tend to forget or say its gimp ALWAYS use thorns on yourself if the dps is on you or your healer if hes getting trained....it may be roughly 1500 damage each time they hit your thorn target but trust me 3-6 hits thats 4500-9000 damage easily if your up agaisnt a melee dps....Ive literally watched as ill get cc'd but my rips will keep ticking on a low target and because the person line of sights their healer at to low of health thorns will kill them....im still trying to get it on fraps as its hilarious.......(finally got a video of me killing a mage while cc'd because the last tick of my rip goes off and he los's his healer around the grave tomb cant waint to edit it and throw it up on youtube)
    basicaly what he said.
    What i normaly do is to open up with nearly every cd popped on the other dps, bringing him to pretty much low hp, forcing the other healer to use those fast expensive heals. once the dps is pretty much topped up we will start the cc train on the healer, maybe allowing him to use a few expensive heals inbetween. This plus my priest manaburning= oom healer. Make sure to cyclone the resto druid asap when he uses his own innervate!!

priest should be watching innervate like a hawk (mine does) cuz they just dispell it

I find that abuse of skull bash OOM's most healers very easily.

Paladin - keep it up 100% (doesnt matter if it interupts or not.) When he pops Radiance/Divine Plea - Cyclone preventing mana returns. Being an agility stacker - Dodging Judgement happens frequently so their mana will drop in the end.

Resto Druid - Same again - Keep up skull bash 100% of the time - Cyclone the Druid 1 or 2 seconds before Lifebloom drops off - It will bloom not returning any mana to the druid and possibly not healing the target if its cast on the druid. Cyclone the Innervate their mana will drop fast. Also Cyclone the ToL form when its popped (after he used Lifebloom on both players - if you get it right - both blooms will drop off and return no mana. The constant switching target is useful, if you have 5combo point bleeds on both targets as much as possible the druid will normally end up spamming to over heal.

Resto Shaman - Skull bash all possible heals but its not key to keep it up all the time. As mana tide is placed down - Cyclone and go kill the tide - The shammy will recieve no mana from it - which is pretty much his only CD to return alot of mana. After this is just about staying alive and pushing him further down the mana battle.

I play with a Holy Pala - So we have no offensive dispells so i have to use Cyclone in the ways discribed above to help us win the mana battle. Its also used to effectively peel from my healer when he is getting focused hard.

I think the only real problem we have is a Warrior dealing pretty poor dmg for 2mins and then CD's come up and all of a sudden hit for 30k 30k 30k 56k 40k....its pretty stupid but it happens alot!

If your struggling to see when different abilitys are active on players you can either set up a power aura so the targeted player shows spells like plea or innervate/lifebloom OR you could get Gladius - this will show the CD's of players easier but doesnt show the lifebloom stacks.

10+ Year Old Account
    With disc partner you shouldn't really want to down enemy healer. Just try to control dps so your priest can MB/MC.