bear tank question

would you use the mace off Magmaw for tanking? why/why not.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope, no agility. worthless compared to even a 346 with agi imo.

someone in my raid is saying it's really good for bear tanks because it's expertise/mastery and they get 2 ap per strength as bear.

"Scientists explore what is; engineers create what has not been." -Theodore Von Karman

Right, AP, but Agi = AP, crit (more savage defense) and dodge (more avoidance). Str is so horribly inferior that it's not even worth laughing at your raid member.

I wouldn't unless it's a huge upgrade and no one else needs it.

Malevolence off of Halfus is one of the best weapons available right now if you can get ahold of it. Strength only gives you AP, whereas agility gives you AP, crit, and dodge. Crit and mastery are great for you since crits activate savage defense and the mastery increases the amount absorbed by savage defense.
    This space for rent.

thanks guys, appreciated.

Deleted
    Just so I'm sure we're on the same page...you mean http://db.mmo-champion.com/i/59492/a...-worm-breaker/

I would have to agree with the other posters. Sure, Strength does give AP which in turns translates in larger Savage Defence, and yeah Expertise is sorta-kinda-ok, but you'd be reforging the expertise anyway into dodge I'd imagine.

What strength doesn't give you is crit (more savage defence) nor dodge (our major means of avoidance).

So, my two-penneth, unless you're upgrading from a truly horrible, very very very low ilevel weapon I'd stay away. Veering off topic a bit, but just in case its relevant: If you're really struggling for Agi 2h weapon drops I guess you could try grinding Baradin Wardens for the polearm or even getting the crafted polearm that Blacksmiths can make

Deleted
    Absolutely not. The only item at the moment that's worth to go for with strength is the Permafrost Signet of the Rockslab (+285 Stamina, +190 Strength, +126 Mastery Rating, +126 Dodge Rating).

Deleted
    An other easy trick is to find a mate to do arena with for 3 weeks and buy the pvp weapon, I know the one from halfus is better but if like me with 11 kills & no drop you start looking for other options.

Deleted
    Tell him he's not in Wrath anymore, agi > str and stam. Back then I was using str weapons just because of the huge amount of stam on mot of them, but now that doesn't even matter. Str doesn't even aid savage defence that much, since agi gives us AP now too.
    Also expertise? Nah you can get enough from reforging around to reach the soft cap.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kano View Post
    An other easy trick is to find a mate to do arena with for 3 weeks and buy the pvp weapon, I know the one from halfus is better but if like me with 11 kills & no drop you start looking for other options.
    I wouldn't say the PvP staff is that good compared to heroic blues. Vicious Gladiator's Staff is alright as it has what a bear needs, stamina, agility and crit. But if we look at Selizas Spear we find an even better stat for bears, mastery.

So by going for the PvP staff, you gain +58 stamina, +39 agility, +75 crit. But you miss out on +230 mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Fullblod View Post
    Absolutely not. The only item at the moment that's worth to go for with strength is the Permafrost Signet of the Rockslab (+285 Stamina, +190 Strength, +126 Mastery Rating, +126 Dodge Rating).
    You realize that there are 346 blue items that are better than that, right?

Not to mention the two very easy to obtain VP/Rep rings.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    You realize that there are 346 blue items that are better than that, right?
    Yes I do. But the topic was about bears going for items with strength, and that ring has the two stats we need without the need to reforge.

Yes I do. But the topic was about bears going for items with strength, and that ring has the two stats we need without the need to reforge.
    Pretty much any Agility item will be better than the best itemized Str item. Even if it's a tier below.

Deleted
    I wouldn't say the PvP staff is that good compared to heroic blues. Vicious Gladiator's Staff is alright as it has what a bear needs, stamina, agility and crit. But if we look at Selizas Spear we find an even better stat for bears, mastery.

So by going for the PvP staff, you gain +58 stamina, +39 agility, +75 crit. But you miss out on +230 mastery.
    Yea true, pure ranking stats the blue one will win by far, but I do think for trash or heroics I might try using the pvp one to grab some fast agro over those trigger happy aoe nukers. I know I should let em die, but you can only do that so many times with guildies ;-)