Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Vampiric Embrace use to effect the raid, it got nerfed when Wrath came out, and has only been further nerfed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by Ttam View Post
    Vampiric Embrace use to effect the raid, it got nerfed when Wrath came out, and has only been further nerfed since then.
    Vampiric Embrace has never been raidwide. Ever. Its party based contribution was huge for BC, percentage wise nerfed for Wrath but scaled better thanks to actually doing damage.

Cataclysm nerfed it again because they didn't like the idea of people being able to "LOLOL" themselves and their party through raid damage, while still doing uppertier DPS. Especially now that healer mana was supposed to "matter"... or something.

Shadowpriest's base healing nerfs make sense. It just sucks that Warlocks have the same, but where they have Drain Life/Siphon Life/Soul Leech, Shadow has Power Word: Shield.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow View Post
    VE - Make it a stacking buff that you consume to restore a decent amount of health. Put it on a cool down. Maybe even work it into the Shadow Orb mechanic. 3 orbs means lots of health.

Mind Control - turn this into the "Confuse" ability from D&D. a 10 second CC where every 2 seconds, the victim attacks a friendly target, or stands stupified.

Mind Soothe - Have this ability shorten the victim's spell range in pvp.

Psychic scream - let the victim take more damage before breaking.

that's all I really want.
    Mind Control is awesome the way it is imo. I always cackle like a madman when I'm jumping mobs off the edges in Vortex Pinnacle before Asaad. My group mates usually find that hilarious too. Anyways I prefer to have direct control over the mob, it gives a lot of interesting possibilities.

---------- Post added 2011-03-20 at 01:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Abandon View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/spell=86664The Hymns are good support, but there is almost no situation where you will ever be healing as Shadow. Shadow Priests are not able to cast heals during our normal rotation, or anything close to it. You can drop out, stop doing most of your damage and waste a huge amount of mana which will lower your damage for quite a long time, since you will need to use other low or no-damage abilities to prevent going OOM.
    I find the hymns quite useful on Nef and Chimaeron. Usually I'll pop Divine Hymn before p2 on Nef and Hymn of Hope after - it does make our healers happy and our transitions smoother and I hardly lose any DPS time during the transitions. Same with Chimaeron I'll use one hymn the first time Bile-o-tron is knocked offline and the other the second time.

They're situational sure, but I find them very useful at times.

As for mana issues - if they should arise a few SWDs can usually take care of that, but Hymn of Hope also gives a nice chunk of mana back and I usually don't have major problems if the fight progresses as it's supposed to.