Deleted

Question About SSD

Hi!
    I got some questions about SSDs. ATM I got 2 Corsair Force Series SSDs at 60GB working in Raid 0. And I just ran low on space and would like to buy a third. So I wonder if I can buy a Corsair Force Series 120g instead and let them work all three together or would that be impossible and I need to buy another 60GB?

Thanks in Advance!

Deleted
    Any particular reason you can't just use that 3rd drive on its own?

Also keep in mind that SSDs in a RAID are not running with TRIM.

Deleted
    Any particular reason you want these in RAID0? Assuming you don't need the massive bandwidth these 3 would have combined (Heck, do you even need the bandwidth the 2 provide in RAID0?) I think it's safe to say you should run these non raided, for the sake of not losing data when one decides to break.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkXale View Post
    Any particular reason you can't just use that 3rd drive on its own?

Also keep in mind that SSDs in a RAID are not running with TRIM.

This... No Trim = Low Performance lol..
    Intel Core i7 5820K @ 4.2GHz | Asus X99 Deluxe Motherboard | 16GB Crucial DDR4 2133 | MSI GTX 980 4G GAMING | Corsair HX750 Gold | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO

15+ Year Old Account
    This side of an imaginary line in the sand
    You can merge 3 into a single volume (Spanned volume) via Windows Disk Management. Not sure how to do it for a boot volume, but you could do it for the other two afterwards for games.
    red panda red panda red panda!

If you wanted to RAID0 three drives, you would want them to be the same size. Not required, just recommended.

But since you're using SSDs, you'll get much more out of having them seperate. Get the 120Gb, and have it as a seperate drive. Put system on one drive, games on another.