Thread: DC universe

Lightbulb DC universe

'ello boys and girls ( neutrals too- Just so you know I got lots of love for you too!)
    I became interested in this littleh game called Dc universe.
    My question is: Who got it? Do you enjoy it? Should I get it?

Also, if anyone is bored of it/hates it... can I have his/her/it account ? Aparently there's no trial... Q.Q
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

I had it. I liked it. I quit because its very similar to WoW in that when you hit max level, you need to get in groups to progress. That, in and of itself, is absolutely not a problem with the game. The problem is that I was part of the first wave of people to hit max level, the dungeon queues were insanely long for that reason, and I couldn't convince a single damned one of my friends to play it with me, even though several had expressed interest in it for a long time. Yay for releasing close to the same time as Cata, when everyone is still trying to grind dailies.

It's a good game, with some flaws. I think you'll enjoy it, especially if you enjoy DC comics and super hero games. I'd say its worth getting, for sure. Worst case scenario, you play it for the free month and cancel, like I did.

Seriously though... I'd still be playing it if it wasn't for having to wait in dungeon queues to do anything because none of my friend played. I guess I'm too used to playing a tank in WoW and getting instant queues.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

Well thanks for the info Looking forward to try it sometime in the future
    Lightwell! It's gewd!

I played the Beta of it and thought it was interesting for about a week but I just couldn't get into it after that. Traveling was fun, but I really didn't enjoy the fighting style.

It's too short for a MMO. That's my main problem. I play single player games larger than DCU.

Ive been playing it for 9 weeks and I find it really awesome, easy to level up to level 30 if you like to play multiple characters.
    Alerts are almost the same as WoW's dungeons except you are 1 man less, raids are only 8 man at the moment. I find that quite good, less people to f*** it up etc.
    Overall a quite good game but there are still alot of bugs, but hey its a new game :P

I found it fun for a bit, but I couldn't really see a reason to pay a monthly fee for it. I liked their concept of the rock paper scissors style PVP that you could also opt out of by staying in DPS stance.

Only thing I didn't like was ranged characters were kind of shitty compared to melee combatants, even with Flying.

But fun none the less, if it goes F2P I'd probably install the game again. That game could probably do very well with just a cash shop and being F2P. Tons of costume items they could sell via the shop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    seriously, most of you won't play that game anymore in 1 months.

Boub has a time machine?!

It was fun at the start, but then once you reach 30 people stop playing, you cant get groups for anything. You always join half done alerts (dungeons). The servers are pretty much dead.

Too short. Not enough people play it, it seems. When I played it, every realm was either low or medium, and only medium during the day.

It's a shame, because the leveling quest were really good for the most part. The lore and teaming up with batman was awesome. It's just too short. It shouldn't take any less than a couple weeks to reach max level in a MMO, and you can do it in less than a day in DCU. If the endgame was any good, that wouldn't be a problem, but the endgame isn't anywhere near the same quality as the quest.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game is still alive? LOL I bought it, played it for a week, and got bored as fuck. Don't waste your money, everything the game offers you can see in the free trial.

Deleted
    I'm enjoying it alot after 6 years of wow lol. Guess you have to be into the whole comics thing though.

I would love to give this game a try, does anyone have a buddy key they could pm me for a trial.. it would be super good of you =)

I don't see how I can trial it without one unfortunately.

A lot of the complaints I'm seeing here are true, but I think they might be somewhat biased. The one that I really will lend some credit to is the shortness of the game. I hit 30 in a week or so of very casual play, but as I said in my original post, I was part of the first wave of people going up the ladder. The idea that people stop playing a 30 might have less to do with them actually stopping playing, and more to do with the fact that the sort of people (myself included) who post on gaming forums tend to be far more single-minded when leveling than your average Joe who picks up a game because it looks interesting. The reason I had a hard time getting into Alerts and whatnot when I played was because... well, I was playing on the underpopulated side of a game that had just come out. There were like... maybe 100 people at max level on the whole faction on my server, and they were spread out over all times of day.

The game really does have some excellent features. Sure, it's not WoW, but it is also about 2 months old. WoW stunk when it launched, for those of you who weren't there Give the game some time. I wouldn't be surprised to see some really epic stuff come out of it, especially once they release the Green Lantern abilities for players to use.
    Yeah We ALl do m8 guess again somting went frong well lets hope it will be fixed soon
    ...?

I enjoyed the time I played with it. Right away you feel like a super hero or villian, you don't have to wait untill end game content and getting the best gear to feel like you can do some damage. What I personally liked about the game was the way you travel, you can choose a speed, super fast. Running so fast like a flash of light, running up the side of buildings in a blur. Or fly, you can simply fly like Superman over buildings on your own. (You don't even have to pay for expert training) and the voiced NPC'S when you complete a mission. I.E. the Joker telling you what a great job you did, or Batman, Superman

The cons are the targeting system, seems easier to play on a PS3. Also the chat system, you have to /shout to get anything heard. Perhaps this was a flaw in the design but you can still enjoy the overall game, and PVP is a blast when you can fly in the air and take down lowbies at the starting zone!. Though the game isn't just a hack in slash, in PVP you are given options to block attacks!, you also have know the tatics of where to go in a PVP map, where it's fun and exciting.

Had the DC Online been more PC friendly. I more likely would have stuck with it longer. Though it seems PS3 is the best way to go, however it would provide you with thousands of hours of fun at the very least.

Been playing WoW for way to long and this game was a breath of fresh air.

I don't think this game can stand on it's own two feet as your only MMO but it's definitely worth buying and using the free month.

Most of what people have been saying about the game is true, it's very good but the low population kills it and it's a very small MMO. To alleviate at least the population problem I would suggest hitting the Zero Hour server and getting in a guild, either DC Raiders or Exiles. Both have large rosters(Exiles has nearly 600 with 40 active constantly) they do raids and alerts all the time, although the organization is sloppy.

If anyone wants 30 Day Free Trial Keys... PM Me.