Not going to lie, when I hear a lisp I have to think of the Igors in the Discworld novels.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

"Kingthlayer. You are my captifth." <3

But yeah, it's probably to avoid people taking the piss out of Vargo's... impediment a little too much. I hope they keep it in though.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    aah but the problem as I see it, is if they make the list even 1/2 as severe as it is in the books, the run the risk of making him too comical a character.
    He's supposed to be comical.

If he mentions thauthegeth (sausages) I swear I would need medical attention.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

Quote Originally Posted by Skavau View Post
    He's supposed to be comical.
    See I never saw him as comical... mostly because he's a sadistic fuck, I thought the lisp was kinda jarring with that, but knowing Martin, I can see that being on purpose. TBH I'm happy either way, if they leave it in, that's cool, it's a unique thing for his character, if they take it out, myeh, it was kinda annoying anyway

also true story every SINGLE time I try to close the spoiler tag, I WILL spazz out and write [s/poiler] by accident the first time... wtf is wrong with me?
    Reading A Song of Ice and Fire is like playing with an adorable puppy, then someone comes up out of nowhere, shoots the puppy and punches you in the face.

Stands in front of 100 enemies with 10% health left "Myeh, I'll save my potions for when I REALLY need them." - every rpg player ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    See I never saw him as comical... mostly because he's a sadistic fuck, I thought the lisp was kinda jarring with that, but knowing Martin, I can see that being on purpose. TBH I'm happy either way, if they leave it in, that's cool, it's a unique thing for his character, if they take it out, myeh, it was kinda annoying anyway
    Sadistic and comical, he was.

Thapphireth.

Spoiler alert:
    the Show is slow as hell.
    Could they like make 10 min introduction, of who related to who before each show. With Morgan Freeman narration.
    Kenny gona die tonight!!!

Wouldn't that make it even slower?
    My Short Required Reading List: One. Two. || Last.fm

Quote Originally Posted by Gouky View Post
    Spoiler alert:
    the Show is slow as hell.
    Could they like make 10 min introduction, of who related to who before each show. With Morgan Freeman narration.
    I found reading the wiki articles after each episode helped immensely in clearing a few things up
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Old God
    Watched e9, yeah I'm slow. The actual battle was the least entertaining part of it. It's all about the dialogues and conversations imo. Less bloodsplatter and more Davos, the hound and Bronn next time. Bronn is just fucking fantastic everytime he gets screentime.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    I found reading the wiki articles after each episode helped immensely in clearing a few things up
    Or buy a copy of the first book, it has an 80 page appendix detailing each of the houses and their relationships with one another.

The HBOZ marathon, that has technically been going on all weekend, is restarting now with episode one of this season running up to the season finale.

I can't wait for the last scene. Uuuuuuhoooooo. Uuuuuuuuuhooooooooo. Uuuuuuuuuuuuhooooooooooooooo. (A Storm of Swords prologue) At least that's my guess.

It's gonna be a nice cliffhanger. And then another long offseason. /sigh
    Last edited by Trollsbane; 2012-06-03 at 04:19 PM.

My SWTOR guild: www.radguild.com
    USA West Coast PvP server: The Bastion
    Get your Game of Thrones on at Winteriscoming.net

Given that the season 2 teasers had three horn blasts in the background I think its fair to assume that that's the way the season will end.
    Torethirnyi the Astral Walker - Orc Enhancement Shaman - <Conviction> of Korgath - Temporarily out of Retirement

Nothing makes you hate MMOs more than having played MMOs.

Been watching season 2 all day. So many people bitched about pacing and how "nothing happened" in a couple episodes, but taken as a whole the pacing is pretty great. I didn't realize they changed actors for the Mountain. The guy from last season seemed much more sinister or at the very least much more enormous. Hope Arsten shows up tonight.

Conan Stevens (The Mountain from season 1) left the show and will be in the Hobbit. Many people are upset with him for using GoT as a launch pad, but meh. Everyone needs to eat. But he WAS the mountain through and through. This new guy can't convince me after seeing Conan play the part last season.

So...

That was just fucking super through and through. White Walkers creepy yo

Winter came. :3

Awesome episode. Pretty sad with Daenarys' part in the House. But that last scene was epic imo. Samwell's face when seeing the whitewalkers was awesome. I'm pretty interested what this whitewalker army is going to do next season. Only sad part is that no GoT for a year :/
    What are we without the sky?

I didn't like it tbh. That's the first time I've ever felt down about an episode. So much cool story gone to the wind.